Constitutionist/Masculist Purge's Avatar
    Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question Time for a stimulant break?

Long story short, I've been waking up earlier than usual for the past few weeks, and I notice that I get a strange kind of brain fog right after my morning caffeine intake. I drink over a gallon of water a day, so I don't think it's a matter of hydration. Should I go cold turkey for a while?

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It could have more to do with you getting less sleep leading to the caffeine not being as stimulating as before at the same dose but it's never really a bad idea to try and take a break from stimulants if you want to and are able to
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Marshall28 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What is your daily caffeine intake ?

Slavic Hammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm coming off all that crap, I started dabbling in Preworkouts again after years of just using coffee and tea, no good.

I took a dose of Six Star Labs Preworkout two days ago and today woke up having a panic attack that lasted 10 minutes or so........the last panic attack I had was years ago after drinking a ton of Monster.

Some of that stuff must still be in my blood, I know it is, that's my body trying to tell me "whatever you're taking , stop" . I must be messing with my body chemistry.

I "recovered" from my panic attack and went for a really good 4 Mile run, I just had a cup of strong tea.

It's 2pm now and I still feel kinda mildly "jangly" like my CNS is a touch "off" today but I'm done with all of it. I was taking a melatonin-theanine sleep aid and I'm coming off that too. The less you put in your body the better.

I'm just going to use micro doses of the Preworkout here and there just to use it up, and I'm done. Ask yourself if you can get by with just caffeine and not all that other crap.
    6'4"

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    It could have more to do with you getting less sleep leading to the caffeine not being as stimulating as before at the same dose but it's never really a bad idea to try and take a break from stimulants if you want to and are able to
    I'll second this...
    OP, you could always go off and see how it impacts your body.
    (Keeping everything else constant... etc.)

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Chances are you "fog" is from lack of sleep and the panic attack was caused by something non-related.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lack of recovery sleep seems more like your issue over the PWO but a stimulant break isn't a bad idea to clear out your system.
    Chris

Twitter and Instagram @WarPaintWaldo
    OCRAddict.com
    OCRAddict on ********

Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Purge is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I'm gonna do a stimulant fast and see if my body resets.

And I feel you, SH. It's weird, even like 100 milligrams of caffeine makes me edgy now.

am658 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Purge

Some people can develop a caffeine sensitivity - this can happen at any age, irrespective of there being no sensitivity before.

Along with "brain fog" (no medical terminology actually exists for it... although depersonalisation/derealisation may come close) caffeine sensitivity can also invoke symptoms of hypoglycaemia including panic attacks, palpitations, sweating and other unpleasant symptoms.

Remove caffeine and see if you improve... If you miss the taste of tea/coffee, try decaf.

Hope that's helped

Originally Posted by am658 View Post
    Hi Purge

Some people can develop a caffeine sensitivity - this can happen at any age, irrespective of there being no sensitivity before.

Along with "brain fog" (no medical terminology actually exists for it... although depersonalisation/derealisation may come close) caffeine sensitivity can also invoke symptoms of hypoglycaemia including panic attacks, palpitations, sweating and other unpleasant symptoms.

Remove caffeine and see if you improve... If you miss the taste of tea/coffee, try decaf.

Hope that's helped
    Those are the exact symptoms I've been having. I'm hoping my body resets so I can enjoy my usual morning cocktail again.

BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigAust is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A drop off the stims from time to time can be of benefit. I do it every so often, but always manage to at least get a decent quality of sleep regardless.
    Official MuscleTech Representative & Athlete

British Champion - Classic Bodybuilding

IFBB Elite Pro