ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squat Soreness Question?

I have just started working out again after a few months lag. I hadn't done a "true" leg day since I started two weeks ago and started working out with this refrigerator of a man who is a PT. He threw down SERIOUS weight on the squat rack and had me droppin my ass to my knees. GREAT workout, BUT my legs are so damn sore that I could barely walk.

My question is that my leg day is tomorrow and I am still very very sore, should I go ahead and do a power leg day still, or should I wait a few days until I have healed and hit it then? I don't want to overtrain or injure myself, but I don't want to fall behind either.

Which is the best course?
    Last edited by ChaosJester; 06-25-2003 at 02:03 PM.
    -LordChaosJester
    AIM- LordChaosJester
    Yahoo- LordChaosJester

TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheeApprentice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do not workout your legs again until their healed and you have absolutely no soreness.
    Everybody wants to become a bodybuilder, But don't no one want to lift any heavy ass weights!

ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChaosJester will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by TheeApprentice
    Do not workout your legs again until their healed and you have absolutely no soreness.

thanx homie
    -LordChaosJester
    AIM- LordChaosJester
    Yahoo- LordChaosJester

DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000) DawgPound is just really nice. (+1000)
    You will probably need to rest more in the beginning esp if you are starting to go real heavy on squats. I think you should work your way up to get your body used to not only the motion but gradually prepare your body for the heavier weight since you haven't squatted in awhile.

How long are you resting b/w your leg days anyway?

Also be sure to stretch, it will help you recover quicker and it feels good.

RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099 RealDeal2099

Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by TheeApprentice
    Bump, during heavy resistance exercise you essentially tear down the muscle fibers, allowing them to grow back larger and stronger so they can handle an increasing training load. If you quads are still sore, then the muscle fibers have not been fully repaired and will not be able to perform optimally while lifting... you may be cheating yourself out of possible growth that may occur following the muscle soreness if you train them anyway. Peace!

BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000) BigKazWSM747 is just really nice. (+1000)
    no, you should still rest. Unless you chose to do something very light like 50% of your max on squats for like 3 reps for your normal sets. Light workouts and GPP work (General physical prepardness) have been shown to help improve muscle recovery.
    "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac." -Henry Kissinger

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster . . . for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

sqweezer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try this, go do a light workout, not areal workout. Just move some light weight like 50 percent of last workout and do some slower lifting and not to failure. This will help with recovery. Also start taking a multi and some c. Also ice your knees whether you need to or not and also soke in the tub or shower with hot water. some slow lightweight leg extensions would be great. You could also make it a calves only workout.

Thanx for all the advice guys. I will keep all what you said in mind, and I did skip the exercise and strechted and did some light leg movements instead. Thanx again!
    -LordChaosJester
    AIM- LordChaosJester
    Yahoo- LordChaosJester

hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hopper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LMAO AHAHAAH...."with a refrigerator of a man..." wow...that is classic...i dont know why i found that so damn funny...but i burst out laughing the second i got the mental picture
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR BY BIGKID
    "Don't feel bad. I hate Gmav a lot more."
    BIGKID....you are my new best friend!
    hopper