NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10) NewMindstate is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Biceps routine with TFCC (wrist injury)

hey all. I was just wondering what you would do in my situation...I have TFCC (wrist cartelidge injury). I wear a really good brace and can still workout without it bothering me too much. Only problem of course is doing curls, as you know is a bitch with any forearm/wrist problems because of the rotatation of the wrist when curling. I can do cable hammer curls and dumbell hammer curls without too much pain.

I also recently started doing high cable curls and am trying to get the form down on Drag Curls (with a reverse grip). All of these I can manage to do without too much wrist discomfort, but any regular curls I can't manage at this point. Any suggestions for any other exercises to make an effective routine? Either way I don't focus on biceps too much, especially since I'm not bulking, but I'd like to maintain/strengthen them a little and not just neglect them.

thanks a lot

debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) debil is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    not sure if you do biceps on their own day or not, but mixing those lifts in after you've done your back routine wouldn't hurt, that would certainly help maintain/strengthen them...sorry i don't have any other bi routines for you...i've thankfully not had to deal with a wrist injury before.
    repback.com -

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Work on forearm strength to help with wrist stablity, you will not need a lot of weight to do this. Also for the short term you can use wrist straps for support for curls, although it should not be a staple because it promotes imbalance especially in this situation.

ahmedbonyeamin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NewMindstate View Post
    hey all. I was just wondering what you would do in my situation...I have TFCC (wrist cartelidge injury). I wear a really good brace and can still workout without it bothering me too much. Only problem of course is doing curls, as you know is a bitch with any forearm/wrist problems because of the rotatation of the wrist when curling. I can do cable hammer curls and dumbell hammer curls without too much pain.

I also recently started doing high cable curls and am trying to get the form down on Drag Curls (with a reverse grip). All of these I can manage to do without too much wrist discomfort, but any regular curls I can't manage at this point. Any suggestions for any other exercises to make an effective routine? Either way I don't focus on biceps too much, especially since I'm not bulking, but I'd like to maintain/strengthen them a little and not just neglect them.

thanks a lot

Hey, I suffered a similar injury recently. Did you have tfcc tear or sprain? In either case, I've heard rest is very important. Did working our during this period aggravate your injury? I've been told not to lift weights but it is very difficult for me to stay away from the gym.

RiaanUHM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NewMindstate View Post

thanks a lot
    Hey bro

Have you tried using the wrist/ankle straps that you can attach to a cable. You normally see people doing abductions and stuff with it around their ankles. You could put it around your wrist and do few variables of cable curls that way. It might help deal with the pain.

You should also slowly try and strengthen your forearm muscles and grip strength to prevent future injuries such as that.
    advertising/promotion not permitted