Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zGwild View Post
    I have considered it but I can`t find any reviews on it and I am a little reluctant to be the guinea pig. How is the GHYP345? I see it has no leg rest does that effect its use at all?

Thanks for the tip. I was actually just looking at that. I need to get a landmine so I would probably just throw that in on the order.
    zGwild, I own the GHYP345 and highly recommend it! The steel foot plate is very heavy duty and the grooved lip is where the heels lock in (with this design, you don't need rollers and it locks you right into the piece). I weigh around 210 lbs and the piece has no give, or instability issues at all.

Here's a detailed review I did on it a while back...

https://blog.adamantbarbell.com/3616...yp-345-review/

fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fingerguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I too owned a reverse-hyper-extension-bench that was collapsible but in the end I found calisthenic exercises that would give the same results.
    Nothing for nothing, but sounds like the OP is just looking for something to take up the space due to a desire of wanting to get something new.

Don't get me wrong, but I personally think you don't need it. Superman's alone will give you lower back support and strength development and all you need is a floor to do them.
    Crossfit = A LOT of doctor visits.

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I ended up going with the Titan dual hyper.

I found a review and a few comments from people that own it and were satisfied with it. I figured for the price I can`t really beat it. The GHD is a good deal also but I am kinda tight on room and figured the hyper would fit the space available better.

I`ll keep you guys posted and do a review on it when it is received.

Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmad16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I’m really surprised by the hate the GHD is getting in this thread. I just started using mine a month or so ago but I find GHRs fo be incredibly effective in activating the hamstrings, sit ups are also incredibly effective and back extensions are equally as effective as 45 degree extensions, assuming you adjust your range of motion accordingly. All 3 of these exercises require proper adjustments of the GHD, but assuming you have it adjusted to the right position, all 3 are very effective. I wouldn’t trade mine for anything (I own a Rogue Abram GHD 2.0).

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bmad16 View Post
    I’m really surprised by the hate the GHD is getting in this thread. I just started using mine a month or so ago but I find GHRs fo be incredibly effective in activating the hamstrings, sit ups are also incredibly effective and back extensions are equally as effective as 45 degree extensions, assuming you adjust your range of motion accordingly. All 3 of these exercises require proper adjustments of the GHD, but assuming you have it adjusted to the right position, all 3 are very effective. I wouldn’t trade mine for anything (I own a Rogue Abram GHD 2.0).
    What you are saying is not totally invalid. GHRs work better for some than others. However, one issue is that 45 and 90 (GHD) Hypers are similar but not the same. The loaded range of motion is not even close. Draw it on a piece of paper to visualize if need be as it's not immediately obvious that the degree is so significant. Not being condescending...I purchased my GHD after I realized how expensive most 45 degree hypers were so I just picked up the Abrams 2.0. While I always favored 45 degrees I thought it would be good enough for my purposes plus give me variety...until I got on it and did one set and had an "ah ha" moment.

That said I get a lot out of 45 degree hypers for rehab/prehab work...that particular motion is less important to some people and if such a person responded well to GHRs - the GHD for them is an awesome bench. I think we all like situps on them though.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, the good news is you can completely assemble and disassemble the new hyper unit within 30 minutes! The reddit review was correct, the tabs they used to support the pads are paper thin. They easily bend and flex with little force, in fact after 3 BW reps they were already visibly deformed. Other issues were the handle holes didn't line up and the welds they used to attach the footplate were the size of a dime (WTF). Padding was below acceptable quality, and the pop-pin was not beefy enough to keep the main support stable.

The only positives I see here is the size of the footplate was excellent, the powder coating seemed decent, and the main support seemed legit (fairly heavy). Already submitted a return request, the crap Akonza I got off Amazon was more functional than this piece of junk. They have lots to do to fix this one, they need to remove it from their website because in its current state a 10yr old would bend the pads.

Thin tabs

Little dot welds on the footplate (WTF)

Handle holes didn't line up

Worst of all...visibly bent after a single use.

Sad, wasn't a bad looking hyper...

Last edited by urbanlifter; 01-04-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bmad16 View Post
    I’m really surprised by the hate the GHD is getting in this thread. .
    I don't see anybody hating on a GHD. Several had expressed they preferred a 45* over the GHD for different reasons, but offering a different opinion is in no wise hate.I know my comments weren't meant as hate at all. I just felt the 45* gave me what I wanted with a much smaller footprint. If I had more space I would have kept the Legend 3130, I had replaced the stock pads with the larger , more comfortable Rogue pads and felt it was as nice a GHD as any .
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Well, the good news is you can completely assemble and disassemble the new hyper unit within 30 minutes! The reddit review was correct, the tabs they used to support the pads are paper thin. They easily bend and flex with little force, in fact after 3 BW reps they were already visibly deformed. Other issues were the handle holes didn't line up and the welds they used to attach the footplate were the size of a dime (WTF). Padding was below acceptable quality, and the pop-pin was not beefy enough to keep the main support stable.

Already submitted a return request, the crap Akonza I got off Amazon was more functional than this piece of junk.

hmm
    Attached Images
    Garage Gym Owner

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Handle holes didn't line up

The tabs are an easy fix - even for the owner - these misaligned holes though, it's a bigger issue than people think. Over time and use the elongated holes create a lot of slop - and that's been one of the things I have been saying about Titan product - these issues all seem small, but overall they add up and in a few years this might not be a usable piece. For the price, it still might be acceptable to some people. But, at least with racks, we KNOW that the slightly more expensive racks offer LONGTERM quality.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The only positives I see here is the size of the footplate was excellent, the powder coating seemed decent, and the main support seemed legit (fairly heavy). Already submitted a return request, the crap Akonza I got off Amazon was more functional than this piece of junk. They have lots to do to fix this one, they need to remove it from their website because in its current state a 10yr old would bend the pads.

Thin tabs
    That sucks. Good new is they should take it back and refund you.

I have to say I was reluctant to make my purchase but I checked their return policy and figured I would roll the dice. I have a t-3 rack of theirs that I am completely happy with so I have some faith in them.

@ Urban

You should toss up a post in the titan fitness thread just to aware others. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173984051

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cleveland33 View Post
    The tabs are an easy fix - even for the owner - these misaligned holes though, it's a bigger issue than people think.
    Thats what I thought too going into the purchase, I have some leftover metal strips I could reinforce it with but I dont trust that the rest of the unit will last more than a year (pads especially). Oh well, the AB-3100 should flip Saturday giving me enough profits to just get the GHYP345.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well, I’m an eternal optimist.... I’m impressed.... that urban survived the first use.... I thought he may have died after the welds failed.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Well, I’m an eternal optimist.... I’m impressed.... that urban survived the first use.... I thought he may have died after the welds failed.
    Might have to be tested for HIV though...

That footplate was really nice, shame.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I can't believe that design made it out the door. 650 pound weight capacity, eh?

vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    I can't believe that design made it out the door. 650 pound weight capacity, eh?
    I am not sure there is design/QC per say here. It is hit and miss with Titan. Some items are acceptable to some and some items or not. I finally got rid of my 2" Titan Axle. None of my plates (York and Ivanko) would fit . Got tired of removing the powder coating. One of the guys ( Not here) bought 2 titan bumper plate holder and he has Rogue kg comp steel plates. Guess what they don't fit.
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShockDaMuscles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sorry Urban, hope their customer service takes care of you. And those pad support plates look hilariously flimsy.

I did these today with a barbell and a pad, worked surprisingly well, really felt my lower back light up. It'll have to do, until I find a used commercial 45 hyper.

Type that in youtube search for video

XrSnl6Fv_3k

kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kllrbee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ugh...I just got home from work and saw my GHD came. Ill be assembling it tomorrow. This is first Titan purchase and I keep hearing they are hit and miss. Lets hope I got a good one. Ill let u guys know.

krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000) krlafont is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oh well, the AB-3100 should flip Saturday giving me enough profits to just get the GHYP345.
    How many times have you bought and sold this 45*? I have only been on the forum a few years, and feel like I have seen it come through your gym a couple times. lol

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If you kept it and cannibalized the foot plate and then bought the other cheap model you like and put the foot plate on it, where would the cost be compared to a "perfect" model?
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

Originally Posted by krlafont View Post
    How many times have you bought and sold this 45*? I have only been on the forum a few years, and feel like I have seen it come through your gym a couple times. lol
    I have only owned one GHYP345, and it was sold when I moved to my new house, otherwise there was no reason to sell. I did have an Akonza Hyper that of got off Amazon that I Frankenstein'd with an extra Body Solid footplate, but the angle just wasn't right and the padding was junk.

If you kept it and cannibalized the foot plate and then bought the other cheap model you like and put the foot plate on it, where would the cost be compared to a "perfect" model?
    ^^^See above with the Akonza. I would be worried that it just wouldn't feel right. Body Solid's footplate is still great though, I think it's only an inch shorter than the Titan and the material thickness was pretty much the same. Part of the reason why I like the BS so much, all around it's a solid performer.

^^^See above with the Akonza. I would be worried that it just wouldn't feel right. Body Solid's footplate is still great though, I think it's only an inch shorter than the Titan and the material thickness was pretty much the same. Part of the reason why I like the BS so much, all around it's a solid performer.
    Gotcha.

Sorry about the HIV, should have worn protection.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1

Gotcha.

Sorry about the HIV, should have worn protection.
    No worries, I already had herpies from their bicep bomber anyway (which is awesome BTW, the bomber that is...)

I got a great deal on a GHYP345, for those interested if you use NEWUSER on Fitness Factory you can get 10% off ($247 shipped).

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=urbanlifter;1539591481]No worries, I already had herpies from their bicep bomber anyway (which is awesome BTW, the bomber that is...)

I got a great deal on a GHYP345, for those interested if you use NEWUSER on Fitness Factory you can get 10% off ($247 shipped).[/QUOTE

Did you order a new one?

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Did you order a new one?
    I literally just placed my order, the Titan was my second hyper trying to reproduce the GHYP345 on the cheap. No sense in wasting more time. I did see this on craigslist though today, not a good sign for the other offering by Titan. Pads look the same so I'm guessing they are garbage, hopefully the rest is okay for those who have already ordered.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/spo/...415581225.html

I literally just placed my order, the Titan was my second hyper trying to reproduce the GHYP345 on the cheap. No sense in wasting more time. I did see this on craigslist though today, not a good sign for the other offering by Titan. Pads look the same so I'm guessing they are garbage, hopefully the rest is okay for those who have already ordered.

I paid more than I preferred to for my BS model which I bought used. I paid $150 and it's like new so I'm OK with it as i like it about as well as more expensive models. Also, I saw some calibrated Rogue plates in your area on CL.

I did see this on craigslist though today, not a good sign for the other offering by Titan. Pads look the same so I'm guessing they are garbage, hopefully the rest is okay for those who have already ordered.

Well, That makes the purchase a little more unsettling. Guess I`ll just have to wait and hope for the best.

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    I paid more than I preferred to for my BS model which I bought used. I paid $150 and it's like new so I'm OK with it as i like it about as well as more expensive models. Also, I saw some calibrated Rogue plates in your area on CL.
    After net profits from flipping it will cost me $65, the Titan or Stamina would have been free but I can live with that

thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thejosef is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those tiny welds on the footplate are so cute. Glad you didn't die urban. Thanks for the pics and honest feedback.
    Equipment Crew #68, Ivanko Crew #47, Rogue Barbell Club #7, Mech6 Crew #30
    7'x18' Home Gym: http://goo.gl/CBphUy
    Best Lifts @ 153 bw: Sq 320, BP 245, DL 320, Press 155

Originally Posted by thejosef View Post
    Those tiny welds on the footplate are so cute. Glad you didn't die urban. Thanks for the pics and honest feedback.
    he caught the HIV though man...maybe that's the idea. You don't die immediately but later on and then you won't notice that their stuff doesn't last long term.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1