TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Starting Strength Workout Log: 18 Years Old

Hey guys not sure if anyone really looks at this section of the forum but anyways, I'm 18 years old, 6ft 1" and 150lbs / 68kg. I thought that tracking my workouts and lifts here would help me to improve my consistency and whatnot so I'll start off with my current lifts and what my first set of goals are:

Current lifts:
    Squat: 65kg 3x5
    Bench: 65kg 3x5
    Deadlift: 105kg 3x5

Short Term Goal Lifts:
    Squat: 100kg 3x5
    Bench: 80kg 3x5
    Deadlift: 140kg 3x5

Long Term Goal Lifts:
    Squat: 140kg 3x5
    Bench: 100kg 3x5
    Deadlift: 180kg 3x5

These are long term goals which hopefully can be attained in the future. The main aim of my training is to build a good physique which I believe I can do by starting off by building a good foundation with strength training. I'm following the starting strength program with a slight change for the optional dips.

Starting Strength

A:
    Squat 3x5
    Bench press 3x5
    Deadlift 1x5
    *Chin ups 2x8

B:
    Squat 3x5
    Military Press 3x5
    Bent Over Row 3x5
    *Skullcrushers 2x8

* These are the optional arm exercises which are not necessary but I will be doing.

I worked out today and my next workout is Friday. Today's workout was a Workout A, here's the lifts:

A: Wednesday 13/12/2017
    Squat 65kg 3x5 (clean reps, will probably bump to 70kg on Friday)
    Bench press 65kg 3x5 (last set had 2 sketchy reps, repeating same weight on Monday)
    Deadlift 105kg 1x5 (clean reps, bumping to 110kg on Monday)
    *Chin ups Bodyweight 2x8 (clean reps, going to start weighted chin ups with 2.5kg on Monday)
    Last edited by TeenBuilldding; 12-13-2017 at 02:28 PM.

TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10) TeenBuilldding is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Filling this in now while I'm eating breakfast to save me time. Working out later, will edit this reply later with an update on my lifts. Aims for today would be 70kg Squat, 42.5kg Military Press and 65kg on Bent Over Rows.

A: Friday 15/12/2017
    Squat: 70kg 3x5 (hopefully should be able for 75kg on Monday)
    Military Press: 42.5kg 3x5 (clean reps, 45kg should be possible on Wednesday)
    Bent Over Row: 65kg 3x5 (should be able for 70kg on Wednesday)
    *Skullcrushers: 25kg 2x8 (clean reps, 27.5kg for next Wednesday)

EDIT: Lifts have been added, all increased.
    Last edited by TeenBuilldding; 12-15-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Resting for the weekend, next workout is Monday the 18th.

Lifts should be: 75kg Squat (increase of 5kg), 65kg Bench (repeating this weight), 110kg Deadlift (increase of 5kg) and should be starting off weighted chin ups for the first time with 2.5kg added weight and then hopefully 5kg added weight on Friday the 22nd.
    Last edited by TeenBuilldding; 12-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Filling this in now for tomorrow with the lifts I will be attempting for my Monday workout. I'll update this after the workout with how the lifts went and if I need to repeat the same weight or if I'm able to move them up.

Bodyweight update: 152.75 lbs (creatine water weight may have partially contributed to this)

A: Monday 18/12/2017
    Squat: 75kg 3x5 (difficult weight for me, might attempt the same weight on Wednesday and try to get perfect form)
    Bench: 65kg 3x5 (nice clean reps, will attempt 67.5kg on Friday)
    Deadlift: 110kg 1x5 (clean reps, good form. Will attempt 115kg on Friday)
    *Chin ups: 2.5kg Weighted Chin Ups 2x8 (got my 8 reps for both sets but barely got the 8th rep in the second set, repeating the same weight on Friday)
    Last edited by TeenBuilldding; 12-18-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Filling in the lifts I'll be attempting on Wednesday now, will add the information about the lifts after the workout on Wednesday. Doing the Squats at 75kg again to try perfect my form and then most likely moving the weight to 77.5kg or 80kg on Friday. Adding 2.5kg to the Military press, 5kg to the Bent Over Row and 2.5kg to the Skullcrushers.

B: Friday 20/12/2017
    Squat: 75kg 3x5
    Military Press: 45kg 3x5
    Bent Over Row: 70kg 3x5
    *Skullcrushers: 27.5kg 2x8

Update on these lifts as I couldn't edit the other post. Also meant to put Wednesday the 20th not Friday on the last post.

B: Wednesday 20/12/2017
    Squat: 80kg 3x5 (actually bumped up 5kg to 80kg and it felt okay and the form was decent, might attempt 85kg on Friday)
    Military Press: 45kg 3x5 (difficult weight but got all my reps might attempt 47.5kg on Monday)
    Bent Over Row: 70kg 3x5 (also a difficult weight but got all my reps, might repeat this weight on Monday)
    *Skullcrushers: 27.5kg 2x8 (easy reps, good weight, will use 30kg for Monday)

Friday's workout should consist of 85kg Squats, 67.5kg Bench, 115kg Deadlift, I'll also be repeating the 2.5kg weighted chin ups as the last time I did these it was a struggle and then hopefully move onto 5kg weighted on Wednesday next week.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Instead of skullcrushers have you seen Rip's videos on the lying triceps extension?

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    Instead of skullcrushers have you seen Rip's videos on the lying triceps extension?

I haven't actually, I was doing weighted dips but since I'm home from college for Christmas I'm using my friends small gym and we don't have anything for dips so I substituted the dips with skullcrushers. Do you think the extensions would be better?

I'll do a bodyweight update tomorrow as it will have been a week since my last one. I'll update the post tomorrow morning after I weigh in.

Bodyweight update: 151.25 lbs

Right, Workout A tomorrow. Just posting the expected lifts now and I'll update after the workout how they went and if I need to change the weight etc. Squat should hopefully be up 5kg, Bench should be up 2.5kg, Deadlift should be up 5kg and I'll be repeating 2.5kg on the Weighted Chins and hopefully be able to move up to 5kg Weighted Chins on Wednesday next week.

A: Friday 22/12/2017
    Squat: 85kg 3x5 (may have been too heavy as feeling some back pain, dropping weight Monday)
    Bench: 67.5kg 3x5 (got my reps in all three sets but difficult weight, probably will repeat this weight)
    Deadlift: 115kg 1x5 (difficult weight but got all my reps)
    *Chin ups: 2.5kg Weighted Chin Ups (got all my reps, felt easier than the last day, moving to 5kg next)
    Last edited by TeenBuilldding; 12-22-2017 at 12:25 PM.

25/12/2017 : Christmas Day

Was away from home all day and didn't have any time to work out and also ate like a fat **** (no shame), next workout is Wednesday

Had an extremely **** workout today and felt really sick and dizzy so I stopped halfway through. Started with Bench and got 5 reps in first and second set but only 4 in the third. Almost got two full sets of 5kg Weighted chins so I should have 2 perfect sets on Monday. Going to go back to 80kg Squat on Friday to hopefully fix form.

A: Wednesday 28/12/2017
    Squat: Didn't attempt.
    Bench: 67.5kg 3x5 (redid this weight and dis-improved from 3 full sets of 5 to 5/5/4, repeating this weight on Monday again)
    Deadlift: Didn't attempt.
    *Chin ups: 5kg Weighted Chin Ups 2x8 (8 reps first set, 7 reps second set: repeating this weight on Monday)

The reasoning for not getting my bench sets correctly is most likely due to my unhealthy eating over Christmas and lack of energy.
    Hopefully everything should be back on track by Friday where I should be doing 70kg Squat, repeating 45kg Military Press, repeating 70kg Bent Over Row and 30kg Skullcrushers.