Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Raiden1969 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just eat the white meat and take the skin off. All that fat is the skin and dark meat. Duh.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Raiden1969 View Post
    Just throw out the white meat and broil the skin. All that flavor is in the skin and dark meat. Duh.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by Marius_Ursus; 12-04-2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: I is a stupid.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thunderchild is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    Ah - I already do the onion and garlic trick - celery up there too will be yum!

Thx for the tip!
    No problem. I also will rub mine in Spicy Jamaican Curry seasoning. I love curry so I do alot of my foods with it. The possibilities are endless!!
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stevelegh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sodium, rubs and water isn't the problem with these. It's the way the chicken is reared.

Without getting preachy and all 'Animal Liberation', these animals are unnaturally reared.

The breed most commonly used is Ross Cobb due to it's size and response to growth hormones. Sadly, those little fellas are slaughtered at 5-6 weeks, which comes as a welcome release as most cannot support their own bodyweight. Take a look at a chicken in the supermarket. Those grey marks on their heels and knees are 'hock burns', which occur when the animal spends sustained amounts of time kneeling in it's own piss. The cages are cleaned after the 'crop' is sent to market.

I could rattle on and on about this and I'm not an animal lover. In fact, I'm quite the opposite.

What I do care about is what I put in my mouth. I simply deduced that the quality of food that intensive farming supplies isn't what I want to eat.

It's worth the effort to seek out a good free range or organic farmer and buy frozen. It isn't cheaper, but the quality and flavour is better and free range is higher protein.

One other thing is antibiotics. One of the factors of our resistance is the amount we ingest in our meat.

mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrbeverage is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by peter03 View Post
    I buy them from costco for $6.99 1Kg chicken.
    I will remove all the skin and any fat that I can put my fingers on. I have been losing weight on it for over a year.
    not the healthiest food but when you have no time to cook or you are on the run it is way better than the alternative.
    when you peel away the skin of a rotisserie/roaster chicken it may look innocent enough, but do this, put everything you don't finish in the refrigerator (in the container that you purchused it in) over night and take it out the next day, and see all the fat that has congealed, it will be enough to keep you away from another.

roasters or rotisseries are bred to be a fattier chicken, so taste survives the roasting process.

http://www.recipezaar.com/library/chicken-221
    The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
    Ronald Reagan

Registered User ALipStickTomBoy's Avatar
    ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALipStickTomBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Arnoldfan View Post
    I'm looking to get my BF down, and sometimes I pick up a Walmart rotisserie chicken when I'm on the road or in a hurry. I'd never eat fried, and I wanted to check and see if others also eat Walmart chicken? Assuming I take the skin off, I'm hoping it's an acceptable lowfat option. It *does* seem greasy, but it can't be grease, since it's not fried. I'm hoping it's just natural juices.

Any input appreciated.
    I am on a Keto and YES I get them all the time. They have always been good. And friggen HUGE. lmao they last a while. I also am out and a bout a lot...I use a really good protein powder I found off www.bodybuilding.com it is ISO Sensation 93 mixes really good with water. I did look on the ingredients (for the chicken) and it is injected with a sodium water mix, which is un avoidable in all places but the sodium is actually lower than other places. I also use a killer fat burner I get off www.steroid-club.com. So, between the chickens, the diet stuff and the shakes, I am good to go.
    Me :)

Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary1911A1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I use to think rotisserie chicken was a good choice for protein, but after reading everything here I think I'll just pass and eat KFC Grilled Chicken.

Registered User DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000) DeathtoToasters is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gosh if I scrutinized ll my life like this thread does chicken, I would be single, no kids, and a hermit.

There are goods and bads with everything......

Just need to deal with it.

There are differences in chicken, but to me they are much simpler.

Chicken at a fast food joint usually sucks ass.

Anytime I can get a whole chicken, it is a good thing.

JMHO

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Raiden1969 View Post
    Just eat the white meat and take the skin off. All that fat is the skin and dark meat. Duh.
    Not necessarily true. Read my post.

Its the same with eating fried chicken. Just because you remove the skin from fried chicken doesn't eliminate the saturated fats.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My wife just brought one of these home, funny 42 years and I had never considered buying a cooked chicken at a grocery store, it was my 1st. I could tell it had vegetable oil rubbed on it, and the spices weren't all that great. That said, for 5 dollars the hassle of cooking a raw chicken (that cost $4.98) and doing the dishes makes me a fan of these little hens. I like the home rotisserie ideas also.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz LUKEDEICHER has the mod powerz
    Just like almost anything at Wal-Mart, it is cheap and and convenient when in a hurry.

My wife buys the lemon peppered chickens here or there for a dinner change.

Can't beat the price and not to bad in quality as long as it hasn't been sitting on their warmers for hours.
    Keymaster of platinum accounts

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO/HEAD CHEESE....

-Mods cannot do name changes

-Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

-Mods can only neg, no agreeing with posts

In other words if you do not like what you originally called yourself, do not take responsibility of what you wanted to at one point type for the world to see, or desperately want green boxes - YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

rhaynes90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Roonnie Coleman eats them, so i don't see why it could be REALLY bad for you, but i wouldn't make a average meal of it. I eat them time to time, but i'm also bulking lol. From either Walmart or costco.

Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just because someone else eats them, doesn't make them ok! I try to avoid cheap generic meat from supermarkets if I can afford it. The local butcher sells a mean PROPER organic free range chicken, a little more expensive than supermarket bought, but the taste is out of this world. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, and given the choice I much prefer traditionally reared and slaughtered animals for my dinner plate.

Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Burtle1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    glad I was linked to this thread.

I was going to start living off these chickens.

I am tired of cooking chicken breasts and dealing with the mess.

I work 50-60 hours a week and 10-12 hour days. I don't really have time to cook.

I was going to buy 3-4 of these things a week to staple my diet.

Kind of second guessing myself now.

I think I'll just buy chicken breasts and cut them up, pan fry, and add a sauce I like.

Just cut up 1lb bags and freeze them until I need them. Thanks to the mod who gave me that idea.

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you examine closely nothing is healthy..its chicken..its healthy enough.

Mikehallfirst is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Chicky Chic-chic

Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    I have a pretty good feeling that sodium is too blame in these chickens. I think that they soak them in salt water or something like that to plump them up. Of course they do this with cheap chickens also.

I did an experiment a week ago or so and made a chicken in a crock pot. I added what equalled 1 lbs of water.

When it was cooked there was 3.5 lbs of liquid in the pot. So this leads some credence to my thinking.

Its really the skin where you are going to run into trouble so if you take that off t is fine to eat it. I ate rotisserie chicken from the store everyday for over a year and lost 130 lbs in the process so it cant be all bad.

The most dangerous one for me is at the mexican market up the street.

A whole chicken with tortillas, rice, beans, salsa is $6.99 The chicken by itself is only $4.99. They also make every kind of burrito you can imagine for $2.69 and 15 pieces of fried chicken are $6.99.

This is a dangerous place.
    I also was losing weight eating Walmart chicken, However I would say that the sodium is a from the brining prosses.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Somebody necroed this thread JUST to make me hungry!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Somebody necroed this thread JUST to make me hungry!
    Someone made a NEW ACCOUNT, just to comment on this thread...just to make you hungry!

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I work in the poultry industry. If it’s called “marinated” then it’s injected with a salt/dextrose solution to increase the weight by up to 25%. They send them through a machine with a couple of hundred injector needles that pump this so called marinade in. It’s cheaper to buy than unmarinated but it’s a rip off any way you look at it.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    My wife just brought one of these home, funny 42 years ......
    LOL, get on my level
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I was a kid we'd get a shyt load of chicks in the spring and slaughter them in November. I was talking to a fellow a while back said the commercial chicken industry are growing chickens from egg to plate in 6-8 weeks, I'd say there's more than marinade going in those birds.
    𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    When I was a kid we'd get a shyt load of chicks in the spring and slaughter them in November. I was talking to a fellow a while back said the commercial chicken industry are growing chickens from egg to plate in 6-8 weeks, I'd say there's more than marinade going in those birds.
    But all the chickens with youtube channels claim they are natural!

I knew a chicken that built 20" wings in 6 weeks, and all he said he used was salt and brine.
    Last edited by grubman; 10-16-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd say there's more than marinade going in those birds.
    Like what?

My father-in-law was a turkey grower. Ya, birds these days grow really fast.

We buy local free-range chickens and grass-fed beef, but now and then we'll pick up a rotisserie chicken from WalMart or Giant. It has bad oils in it, but a little now and then isn't bad. Lots of sodium isn't bad unless you have some specific health problems. And we're not afraid of fat either. Even if the chicken weight is 30% brine, it's still a good deal.

How'd this 8 year old thread get bumped anyway?

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was talking to a fellow a while back said the commercial chicken industry are growing chickens from egg to plate in 6-8 weeks, I'd say there's more than marinade going in those birds.
    30-35 days actually. From Egg to ready to slaughter. Turkeys are about 90 days old when they are 4-5 kg and "industry turkeys" are 120-130 days at around 15-18kg. I don't think they are fed hormones (at least not here) but they are bred to grow super fast with over developed breast meat.
    Anybody can workout for an hour but controlling what you eat the next 23 hours is the real task.

"Certified" Reel Nutz mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just twisted up 100 rabbit snares and small game season is open now so at least I'll know where my protein is coming from and it wont be from the clowns at walmart

𝓐𝓲𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓷 1976 - 1999 - 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓼 𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 1960'𝓼

ᖇᗴ丅Ꭵᖇᗴᗪ ᗩ丅 40 ᑕᖇᗴᗯ - ᔕᗝᑕᎥᗩᒪ ᗪᎥᔕ丅ᗩᑎᑕᎥᑎǤ ᗴ᙭ᑭᗴᖇ丅 - ᒪᎥᐯᎥᑎǤ 丅ᕼᗴ ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰ

ƚo| ɒ ꙅɿɘʞʞuꟻ bᴎɒ ɿɘʞʞuꟻ ꙅᴎuoᴎoɿq ɿɘbᴎɘǫ ɘʜƚ ɘꙅu I

𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕀 𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕥

🄸 🅃🄴🄻🄻 🄸🅃 🄻🄸🄺🄴 🄸🅃 🄸🅂, 🄸🄵 🅈🄾🅄 🅆🄰🄽🅃 🅂🄼🄾🄺🄴 🄱🄻🄾🅆🄽 🅄🄿 🅈🄾🅄🅁 🄰🅂🅂 🄾🅁 🅂🄾🄼🄴🅃🄷🄸🄽🄶 🅂🅄🄶🄰🅁 🄲🄾🄰🅃🄴🄳. 🄸 🅂🅄🄶🄶🄴🅂🅃 🅈🄾🅄 🄶🄴🅃 🄰 🄷🄾🄾🄺🄴🅁 🄰🄽🄳 🄰 🄿🄾🅆🄳🄴🅁🄴🄳 🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    How'd this 8 year old thread get bumped anyway?
    It's obvious. Somebody wanted to make me hungry.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

why lift when net worth? SirGainsMcgee's Avatar
    SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000) SirGainsMcgee is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool Bumping

Seriously, how bad can this rotisserie chicken from Walmart be? I'm really busy with College/Work/Volunteering this seems like a cheap option versus buying and cooking chicken breast all the time.

The consensus seems to take off the skin when eating it. I don't see anything wrong with the sodium as long as you are drinking lots of water. And another thing, I don't see whats the problem with the high fat, as longs as your keeping your carbs really low Am I right?
    *TShirt matches my Rep Power Crew*
    *Proud to be green crew*
    *Neg for a Neg Crew*

Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kirkor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol all those fat-fearing posts from 2009