Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Well you make a couple of valid points but the suggestion to eat more to take care of cravings is also a valid point in my book.

And yes I know that's not what she wants to hear but it may be what she needs to hear. Now we've seen her physique, do you really think she's a candidate to cut further?
    I just try to work with what she wants ~ she clearly doesn't want to gain more, so I tailor my response to suit what she's looking for, regardless of what I think she should really be doing. I'll leaving breaking the harsh truth to posters to people like you

What I really think: She should reverse diet up to tdee and stay there for a while, adding quality muscle and mass over an extended period to round up and shape her physique while maintaining the bf% she is at now.

The reason I don't share these things is because I'm dieting super low, I'm lean, and still looking to lose more. I'm just like her... and no one can tell me otherwise to change my diet (*I have reasons to be lean and dieting like this though). In september I will do what I really think she should do... I'm going to reverse diet to my tdee, shape up and maintain low bf. I'd tell her do the same.

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tonyl96 View Post
    I eat 1800 right now,

I do intermittent fasting because of my late night cravings. I skip breakfast, and don't have my first meal until 4pm. I eat all my calories from 4-8pm , then have that little snack I said (celery, cucumbers, parsley, diet coke) before I go to bed whenever that is. this way, I can be full in the evenings which is when I'm prone to snacking like you. I workout before 4pm also

Intermittent fasting, search it up. Its for people like me and you lol
    This is similar to me but I have a longer eating window. When I'm at work I do 12-8 eating window but at the moment because I'm not there I'm running 5-9.

It works, it stops my ridiculous brain from firing off addiction signals that food curbs.
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonyl96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Goingviking View Post
    Lol this is nutrition science. There is literally an article or study to counter or support every idea and position around. That being said HGH levels lower when insulin rises-Science That article doesn't even address HGH
    i'd eat a pint of ice cream everynight before bed and I still lost 2lbs a week. total intake is what matters. a deficit is a deficit regardless.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just try to work with what she wants ~ she clearly doesn't want to gain more, so I tailor my response to suit what she's looking for, regardless of what I think she should really be doing. I'll leaving breaking the harsh truth to posters to people like you

What I really think: She should reverse diet up to tdee and stay there for a while, adding quality muscle and mass over an extended period to round up and shape her physique while maintaining the bf% she is at now.

The reason I don't share these things is because I'm dieting super low, I'm lean, and still looking to lose more. I'm just like her... and no one can tell me otherwise to change my diet (*I have reasons to be lean and dieting like this though). In september I will do what I really think she should do... I'm going to reverse diet to my tdee, shape up and maintain low bf. I'd tell her do the same.
    Well as you know the big difference is that you've got a the necessary muscle to look good at super lean levels.

I think she's going to end up disappointed with the way she looks if she loses more weight.

This is the problem with people who lack experience. They've seen pictures of people with six packs and think that they just need to lose weight in order to get there.

Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500)
    Currently there is no controlled evidence showing that eating at night has a negative impact on fat loss.

Sure, but does it have a negative impact on fat loss if overall calories are adhered to. The answer is a simple no.
    I agree with you about fat loss not being significantly affected(the link between HGH and metabolism boost is insignificant but it is there)by carbs before bed, but if you reread my statement I made a general statement that she might not want to eat carbs because of hormonal reasons. HGH is an important hormone that affects muscle growth, brain function, and general tissue repair. In other words an athlete may want to limit carbs before bed to maximize HGH levels, so that they recover faster. Faster recovery=more training=more calories burned. There's a reason actors are injecting this sh#t.

Overall I agree that the calorie in verse calorie out theory holds true, making it so calorie timing is not an important consideration. However macro timing is a different story and can skew the equation with indirect affects(like carbs being grouped close to exercise to increase calories burned during high intensity exercise caused by the athlete having better accessible glycogen and glucose), and increasing recovery time with higher hgh levels(resulting in higher training frequency or muscle performance which results in extra calories burned again during exercise). Don't even get me started on protein frequency..

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with you about fat loss not being significantly affected(the link between HGH and metabolism boost is insignificant but it is there)by carbs before bed, but if you reread my statement I made a general statement that she might not want to eat carbs because of hormonal reasons.
    I've reread the post. I think that advice lacks compelling scientific evidence to back it up. Unlike your comments about protein synthesis, which do have some good support.

Some people actually report sleeping better with more carbs at night. More sleep has resulted in better body composition in a study in calorie deficit.

Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500) Goingviking is not very helpful. (-500)
    I've reread the post. I think that advice lacks compelling scientific evidence to back it up. Unlike your comments about protein synthesis, which do have some good support.

Some people actually report sleeping better with more carbs at night. More sleep has resulted in better body composition in a study in calorie deficit.
    Very well by replacing carbs for protein as I originally suggested she can increase the TEF of her last meal resulting in overall weight loss. As you may know the thermal affect of food for protein is 20 to 35% and for carbs it is 5 to 15%.Therefore if she skips the carbs and replaces the same calories with proteins then her net weight loss will be greater for the day due to her higher metabolism from TEF. How do you like those apples
    Last edited by Goingviking; 08-09-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Very well by replacing carbs for protein as I originally suggested she can increase the TEF of her last meal resulting in overall weight loss. As you may know the thermal affect of food for protein is 20 to 35% and for carbs it is 5 to 15%.Therefore if she skips the carbs and replaces the same calories with proteins then her net weight loss will be greater for the day due to her higher metabolism. How do you like those apples
    You're speculating, which is fine but it is not supported by good evidence.

Having carbs at night with the protein will be better for melatonin production, which can result in better sleep.

Amount of sleep is very important for fat loss and body composition. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951287/

Have you noticed how many people complain about poor sleep when dieting? What if having a mixed meal before bed could solve those problems.

Yes I'm speculating too but at least I use the word "can" instead of "will"

You're speculating, which is fine but it is not supported by good evidence.

Having carbs at night with the protein will be better for melatonin production, which can result in better sleep.

Amount of sleep is very important for fat loss and body composition. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2951287/

Have you noticed how many people complain about poor sleep when dieting? What if having a mixed meal before bed could solve those problems.

Yes I'm speculating too but at least I use the word "can" instead of "will"
    Well it was fun

Well it was fun
    I agree speculating can be fun but I also think we should not scare people into thinking that eating carbs at night is counterproductive, unless we have good evidence for it.

mitidimitara has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try intermittent fasting and save the majority of your calories for the night.
    An inch of movement is better than a mile of intention.

* 18 years old
    * 5'11 (180cm)
    * Body weight - 175lbs (79.5kg)
    * BP - 209lbs
    * DL - 286lbs
    * SQ - 242lbs

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mitidimitara View Post
    Try intermittent fasting and save the majority of your calories for the night.
    Great advice from a 17 year old.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Pizza Enthusiast catsandfitness's Avatar
    catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) catsandfitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the useful input from everyone!!
    Sar

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I think your daily calorie intake would be more suitable for a 12 year old girl, personally
    And I think you've been a dick to everyone in this thread. What's up man, if you need to talk it out I'm here for you.

In the meantime it might be wise not to call others a 12 year old girl when those goal numbers for your strength are so low. Either way, God bless
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CatFunt View Post
    And I think you've been a dick to everyone in this thread. What's up man, if you need to talk it out I'm here for you.

In the meantime it might be wise not to call others a 12 year old girl when those goal numbers for your strength are so low. Either way, God bless
    Well first off, I'm currently in recovery for an eating disorder, hence my low bodyweight and current strength levels. I have hit those numbers in the past easily, and I am building back to them now.

Also, I have not been a 'dick' to everyone in this thread (though i'd welcome any proof you have of that... all my input has been quite tame and accurate), but I do maintain that 1800 calories is suitable for a 12 year old girl:

https://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/defa...erDayTable.pdf

Cheers.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 08-09-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Well first off, I'm currently in recovery for an eating disorder, hence my low bodyweight and current strength levels. I have hit those numbers in the past easily, and I am building back to them now.

Also, I have not been a 'dick' to everyone in this thread (though i'd welcome any proof you have of that... all my input has been quite tame and accurate), but I do maintain that 1800 calories is suitable for a 12 year old girl:

https://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/defa...erDayTable.pdf

Cheers.
    1800 calories is suitable for someone who's been cutting for 6 months in order to get into competition shape, slowly adding in cardio and reducing cals, gradually from beginning at 2600 cal 0 mins cardio, to 1800 cal 40 mins cardio after a 6 month stretch of continuously burning fat and breaking through plateau's to be in tip top shape for photo shoot's with a structured plan, scheduled refeeds, and flexible adaptability to adjust to my body as it progresses accordingly.

You're in over your head on this one, what I'm up to is on another level compared to your copy paste standard US nutrition spreadsheet.

I hope your recovery from your ED is going well, but please don't feel the need to comment on other people's diets as if you know what they should be eating like or what they are up to. A 17 year old is in position to give advice, and intermittent fasting is a great recommendation for OP, you haven't done anything but be critical of people who are actually giving OP what she asks for. What you have commented in this thread has done nothing, and is of 0 use to anyone. You are useless here.

And also, thanks for your standard USDA database copy paste spreadsheet, but its completely irrelevant as it does not know my body, my activity levels, my metabolism, or a 12 year old girls. If I ate at the 3200 calories recommended for my age and activity level, I'd put on 20 pounds in 2 weeks, bloat up like a balloon, and completely lose my physique.

Some people are in control of their body's and minds... they know how to manipulate their nutrition and training to achieve what they desire - accept that.

1800 calories is suitable for someone who's been cutting for 6 months in order to get into competition shape, slowly adding in cardio and reducing cals, gradually from beginning at 2600 cal 0 mins cardio, to 1800 cal 40 mins cardio after a 6 month stretch of continuously burning fat and breaking through plateau's to be in tip top shape for photo shoot's with a structured plan, scheduled refeeds, and flexible adaptability to adjust to my body as it progresses accordingly.

You're in over your head on this one, what I'm up to is on another level compared to your copy paste standard US nutrition spreadsheet.

I hope your recovery from your ED is going well, but please don't feel the need to comment on other people's diets as if you know what they should be eating like or what they are up to. A 17 year old is in position to give advice, and intermittent fasting is a great recommendation for OP, you haven't done anything but be critical of people who are actually giving OP what she asks for. What you have commented in this thread has done nothing, and is of 0 use to anyone. You are useless here.

And also, thanks for your standard USDA database copy paste spreadsheet, but its completely irrelevant as it does not know my body, my activity levels, my metabolism, or a 12 year old girls. If I ate at the 3200 calories recommended for my age and activity level, I'd put on 20 pounds in 2 weeks, bloat up like a balloon, and completely lose my physique.

Some people are in control of their body's and minds... they know how to manipulate their nutrition and training to achieve what they desire - accept that.
    Dude.. you need to chill the hell out.

BTW - Thanks for the neg. I care so, so much about forum reps, you can't even imagine.

Thanks for the Neg, twat.
    You earned it, and it was well deserved

Looks like your common sense didn't work too well

You earned it, and it was well deserved

Looks like your common sense didn't work too well
    forum reps are perhaps the thing in this universe I care about the least.

oh no... not my precious green squares.