gupta103 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

High school Football training

Hey guys. I'm a 15 year old freshman on a varsity football team. I am 6'0" and 185 pounds. I bench 180 and squat 270. Currently I am playing center and most likely defensive end. I want to lose fat, but I haven't seen any results although I've gained a lot of muscle. Since January, I have undertaken a strict weight lifting program with my football team consisting of your typical bench, squat, Olympic lifts (hang cleans, high pulls, etc.) and all that good stuff. I have also been eating good and well low carb and high protien. I drink plenty of water and I take a whey shake postworkout. I don't like playing center and want to transition into tight end because I can block and catch. Strength is no issue for me. Losing fat, leaning down (I want a 6 pack), and gaining speed is my focus. I am fast (for a lineman) and have good footwork. I also want to improve my 40 yd dash time. Any suggestions on losing fat effectively while also becoming fast?

churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you're playing varsity on the line, I wouldn't worry about losing weight. you could try to do clean bulks in the winter if you're really worried about your physique, but I would try to be around 205ish if you want to play tight end. tight ends have to be able to block, catch, and run, and I'm guessing you have the blocking part down since you were on varsity as a freshman. you said you were fast for a linemen which is a good start. what I do for speed has been working pretty well for me over the past 2 months and I suggest you try it too. i have 2 days a week solely for speed and on the first day, I go to the track and do a workout (usually just consisting of 100s and 200s) and then on the next day I run hills and do sled drags. I'm in the same exact situation (o linemen Trying to get out) and you're gonna have to really have something that stands out to your coach if you want him to consider you anything but a linemen. work on as much speed, strength and quickness as you can, good luck!
    15 years old
    Best meet lifts: 468/242/441 raw w/ sleeves
    Best gym lifts: 550/270/515 @ 198
    USPA Sub-Junior 13-15 American Squat Record Holder
    Next Meet: USPA Raw Nationals on July 8th, 2017
    Journey to becoming the first teenager to total 2000 in sleeves

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, lift with your team over the summer. If you have a good strength and conditioning program you will not only lift, but work on sprinting, and some plyometrics. All three of these are what you need. You need to concentrate on getting much, much stronger. To do that you need to lift heavy and eat. Since you have some fat you will need to be careful on how much and when you eat but you do need to eat and that means carbs as well as protein. What you can do is eat 5 meals instead of 3, eat clean, consume most of your calories earlier in the day, and don't eat a bunch of junk at night.

Sixty8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Def squat more to improve your 40. Like sowilson said lift with your team.
    But really are you starting on varsity with those numbers. Thats pretty weak, must have a lot of skill.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sixty8 View Post
    Def squat more to improve your 40. Like sowilson said lift with your team.
    But really are you starting on varsity with those numbers. Thats pretty weak, must have a lot of skill.
    Actually, his numbers are fine for a freshman. Over the next couple of summers and winter S&C programs he'll get a lot stronger. He's benching his BW and is just a bit weak on his squat - very typical. Once he gets to 350lb squat he'll be at a good place. Just need to work hard.

What are your suggestions on getting leaner? Plus I am gonna lift with my team over the summer.

leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100) leanandmean78 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Getting leaner while getting stronger is hard/long but possible. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_...gain_trick.htm check this out to gain muscle and lose fat. If you JUST want to get leaner for the time being, you need to eat 300-500 calories less then you currently are(assuming you haven't changed your diet and are eating like a normal person) but hint: strength is an issue for you even though you're probably stronger then your fellow Freshmen. If you want to start varsity this year you need to have a squat at least 2x your body weight and your bench should be at least like 225 because you are pretty weak in terms of relative strength. Eat healthy to get leaner. But don't starve yourself or cut too much calories or you'll get weaker and lose your muscle.

Smile

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    Actually, his numbers are fine for a freshman. Over the next couple of summers and winter S&C programs he'll get a lot stronger. He's benching his BW and is just a bit weak on his squat - very typical. Once he gets to 350lb squat he'll be at a good place. Just need to work hard.
    I just hit 350 on squat

Originally Posted by gupta103 View Post
    I just hit 350 on squat
    Good, now hit 400! Anyhow, now you're at the point that you can start doing more advanced plyometrics (i.e. depth jumps) without killing yourself. You'll also want to put in some isolateral leg movements, some examples; lunges with weight (dumbbells or with a bar or SSB on your back), around the clock lunges with weight (lunge forward, 45 degree, to the side, back 45, back, etc), single leg squat, etc.

Anyhow, good job, continue to work hard. You cannot be "too strong" for football. How's your weight doing? I wouldn't worry too much about the actual weight number, but more on waist size.

Alex32825 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great job and keep going! We're rooting for you!