Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Mark1T and his buddy Bigfoot

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    I would like to hear those stories in a dedicated Sasquatch thread.
    Okay, I mentioned in the 'bird' thread that I have known a couple of people who have seen Sasquatch or as I prefer to refer to it "Bigfoot". Then Mark1T asked to hear the stories in a dedicated thread, so here it is. If anyone else has a story or stories about Bigfoot please feel free to share them here.

First person was a Native American gentleman that was one of my Dad's closest friends. Back in the 60's when they were damming up the Missouri River he was traveling at night along the highway a few miles from the river. He saw a pair of eyes off to the side reflecting his headlights. He slowed down to see if he could see what it was and the animal started running towards the highway and came up onto the shoulder of the road. At this time he thought it was a man, he would laugh when telling the story and say he thought it was a "glassy eyed drunk". As he pulled forward, he had slowed to a near crawl and the animal approached the side of the 1950's era Ford pickup truck he was driving. The creature was so close to the truck that it reached up and put a hand on the fender of the pickup. Immediately, it withdrew a bit and went into the ditch turning to face the truck again. As he drove past it he said the creature's eyes were at his eye level even though it was down in the ditch several feet. He said it looked like a really big, really hairy man.

He rolled on past it and in shock drove for about a mile and started to turn around to go back when he said he just freaked and instead of turning around sped off towards home. That wasn't the end of the story as his daughter saw the creature the next day though at much greater distance. It was off to the side of a gravel road not far from where it was seen the night before. As she pulled up to it the creature ran off and out of sight.

Second instance was a couple of the neighbor kids were out poaching deer on some of my father's land (which was only a few miles from where my Dad's friend saw the bigfoot). They saw what looked like a very large hairy man carrying a dead deer under it's arm. The creature moved along a ridge and out of sight, they didn't try to follow and got the heck out of Dodge. This sighting took place in the early 70's.

Third, on the same Ranch as the last sighting by the neighbor boys there were two incidents with some of our hired men. The first one took place in the winter. One day while working on some equipment in a large shed they suddenly heard running footfalls across the roof of a lean too on one side of the shed. They went outside and saw fresh human footprints in the snow. They looked up on the roof and could see that whatever it was had been on the roof and had run across it and jumped to the ground before running off into the shelter belt and hills nearby. Looking at the footprints on the roof they were shocked to see that they were barefoot! They were pretty shook up about this discovery.

Finally, and as I said on the same Ranch again, the following summer the hired men (one of them was at the shed that past winter) were cutting hay and camping out in one of the old houses on the Ranch. Because the house had no air they were sleeping out on the screened in porch. One night one of the hired men and his girlfriend (who had come up to visit him) woke up to see a face pressed up to the screen watching them. They only got a glimpse of it before it turned and ran off into the dark. Now the thing is that porch was elevated as most porches are and you'd have to be taller than any man I've ever met to have been able to look through the screen flatfooted.

Besides these I've talked to some folks online who've had sightings but these four sightings all happened to folks I had met irl and they all happened in the same general area in central South Dakota near the Missouri River.
    Was friends with Methuselah

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    He said it looked like a really big, really hairy man.
    They saw what looked like a very large hairy man carrying a dead deer under it's arm.

I am sensing a theme here. Maybe they DID see a couple of hairy, slightly deranged fat guys?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I am sensing a theme here. Maybe they DID see a couple of hairy, slightly deranged fat guys?
    Human eyes don't reflect light.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for taking the time to write those, OT. Great stories.

Maybe someone else will tell their stories. Share some photos or videos.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Thanks for taking the time to write those, OT. Great stories.

Maybe someone else will tell their stories. Share some photos or videos.
    You're welcome. I've never seen a convincing photo of BF to be honest.

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're welcome. I've never seen a convincing photo of BF to be honest.
    I keep watching that show with Bobo hoping they will actually get footage of one but all they ever have are sounds off in the distance although they always have local people who have seen something telling their stories at little get togethers in the community. There has been many folks out here in the pacific NW that have supposedly seen one but my thoughts are unless their are skeletal remains found I just don't buy it.
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love the folklore surrounding Bigfoot. Cool stories.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    I've heard lots of stories from Texas actually. Looks to me like that bf hunter could benefit from a workout routine... packing a bit of extra baggage through that brush. Maybe someday I'll come down and you can take me out looking for a Texas BF, or a beer... one or the other.
    Though years ago they did make "Bigfoot Beer" if my memory serves me correctly?

Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    I keep watching that show with Bobo hoping they will actually get footage of one but all they ever have are sounds off in the distance although they always have local people who have seen something telling their stories at little get togethers in the community. There has been many folks out here in the pacific NW that have supposedly seen one but my thoughts are unless their are skeletal remains found I just don't buy it.
    Bobo is kind of a moron imho, and his leader Matt Moneymaker doesn't have the best reputation in the BF world. As for no skeletal remains, that's not really an issue for me. For one bones deteriorate more than you realize and two if you follow bigfoot at all in many instances they run in family groups. If their in a group and they're as intelligent as many believe they are they may well bury their dead. One of the reasons folks have stopped short of shooting a BF was because they realized there were more of them around and figured they might not survive shooting the first one. There was even a story out of Oklahoma (if I remember right) about a group that took an ex-military sniper out into the woods and the guy managed to shoot a bf. The thing went down but to the snipers surprise got back up and ran off into the brush. In their searching for the wounded BF they discovered there wasn't just one there and things got pretty tense. They exited the area and never found the one they wounded. The sniper said he'd never try that again and he was apparently pretty shook up over it. He took a clear kill shot and the thing ran off...

Originally Posted by pryme View Post
    I love the folklore surrounding Bigfoot. Cool stories.
    I've always been interested in it ever since the 70's when there were sightings on the rez near me. BTW all of the sightings I listed above were on or near the rez.

Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    A great ^^^ movie. LOL

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You would think that some remains of such a creature would be found out in the woods somewhere. I don't know about such things as a 'Sasquatch.' There are certainly very old stories of Native Americans who speak of just such an animal. Ha! It is fascinating to think that something like this could, and does indeed exist.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

A couple sightings by a guy I met online but who I came to believe was telling the truth.

His first was as a teen out in the swamps in Florida. He and two buddies were out hunting and saw a hairy figure hunched over on the bank opposite of them. They could tell it wasn't a man but it was upright and messing with something. The thing noticed them and screamed out, then started crashing through the water towards them. They took off running for their lives. The thing followed them back in the brush, he said they couldn't see it but it was making sure they could hear it. They got back to their vehicle as fast as they could and it was the last time he ever went out into that area.

Second story from him. He was in the military and they were on night training. I forget if they had night or thermal vision scopes but his group saw a figure walking across a firing range. They assumed it was one of the officers trying to mess with them until it passed behind the remains of an armored vehicle. Then they were all shocked that they could see the figures head and shoulders over the top of this vehicle which was 6 or 7 foot tall. (I forget which)

He was an interesting guy and I communicated with him online for several years, then he just disappeared online.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to watch the Finding Bigfoot show but it got ridiculous after a while. If they do find one, would the show be over? They would have to rename it as "Found Bigfoot"...

I was camping around 1985 in upstate NY. I recall hearing tree-knocks, I figured to be someone cutting wood or fooling around in the wee hours. Then I find out years later they knock on trees to communicate with others and the area is a BF hot spot. It sounded exactly as what I heard on TV.

I believe that they are real and more highly advanced than we think despite living in the wild. I'd say that they can probably shape-shift into other forms in an instant, become a deer or something else.
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    I used to watch the Finding Bigfoot show but it got ridiculous after a while. If they do find one, would the show be over? They would have to rename it as "Found Bigfoot"...

I was camping around 1985 in upstate NY. I recall hearing tree-knocks, I figured to be someone cutting wood or fooling around in the wee hours. Then I find out years later they knock on trees to communicate with others and the area is a BF hot spot. It sounded exactly as what I heard on TV.

I believe that they are real and more highly advanced than we think despite living in the wild. I'd say that they can probably shape-shift into other forms in an instant, become a deer or something else.
    Some of the NA's think it's a shape-shifter, personally I think that's a bit too much.

It's elusive and intelligent (if it's actually out there at all) and knows it's terrain better than the best hunter can or does. All one has to do is watch SF guys hide in a terrain to realize just how well something human size can disappear in really almost any environment.

There was actually an outing open to the public near me this last Oct and I thought about going. I decided to wait until next fall and try and be in better cardio shape first. That plus the fee was $500. LOL.

But that outing was along the DesMoines river right in the heart of Iowa. Surprisingly there are a lot of sightings along the rivers in Iowa. Who knew?

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They would put cameras in the home of the Bigfoot family and watch them fight and carry on.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    They would put cameras in the home of the Bigfoot family and watch them fight and carry on.
    The problem is that somehow the BF seem to know there's a trail camera in the area. Getting a good picture of BF seems to be a very tough gig.

The best film is still the classic Patterson Gimlin.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Patt...tterson+Gimlin

I once had a guy online swear to me he had the 'best' bigfoot photos out there and he emailed them to me. They were a joke tbh and it became obvious the guy was nutters.

There was a video online that I saw and have never stumbled onto it again that showed a guy out in the woods and he was obviously scared chit=less (if he was acting he was a whale of an actor) he had the camera shown onto the brush ahead of him and for just a brief second you could make out a set of eyes, a nose and mouth and then it pulled back into the brush.

That was a really interesting video but it was very brief and I sadly didn't keep a link to it. It was on youtube but there are almost literally a million bf videos on there and almost certainly 99.999% are hoaxes.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    You would think that some remains of such a creature would be found out in the woods somewhere. I don't know about such things as a 'Sasquatch.' There are certainly very old stories of Native Americans who speak of just such an animal. Ha! It is fascinating to think that something like this could, and does indeed exist.
    True, but have you even shot an animal like a hog in the deep woods? I have. Shot one that was about 120lbs - small one. The entire carcass was gone in 48 hours. Vultures get at it first, then coyotes and other predators drag it off and it is consumed. You might find deer antlers out in the woods, bu rarely do you find a skeleton.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    True, but have you even shot an animal like a hog in the deep woods? I have. Shot one that was about 120lbs - small one. The entire carcass was gone in 48 hours. Vultures get at it first, then coyotes and other predators drag it off and it is consumed. You might find deer antlers out in the woods, bu rarely do you find a skeleton.
    You've got a point! If the critters get to it, it doesn't take long for a carcass to disappear.
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That show is beyond ridiculous. You know before tuning in that there is ZERO chance they will find anything because if they had, it would be worldwide news before the show ever aired. The other thing that I found hilarious was some of the bizarre conclusions they would reach. In one episode, they found a dead deer with a broken leg bone. One of the "researchers" looked at the camera and expertly opined "yup, this is a classic sasquatch kill. See the way the bone is broken in this radial pattern?". LMAO! So, this is an animal we don't even know exists, yet these dipsh!ts seem to know all about its ecology, behavior, and feeding habits? LOL!

Yeah, but you would think that if there was this extant primate species still roaming around the woods, we would have found something beyond apocryphal tales and questionable sightings from local rednecks. How many humans die in the woods each year? I would guess not very many. Yet we sometimes find human bones from somebody who has died years ago. Why have we never found a single sasquatch bone? Not a hair? A footprint? A tooth? Nothing. I know we are finding new species all the time, including primate species. But these are often in parts of the world that are not well-travelled by humans (unlike the pacific northwest) and by species much smaller than a sasquatch. My feeling is that they don't exist, and that sightings are misidentifications of other animal species. That said, I don't rule it out, and it certainly would be a fascinating find if we were to come across one.

That show is beyond ridiculous. You know before tuning in that there is ZERO chance they will find anything because if they had, it would be worldwide news before the show ever aired. The other thing that I found hilarious was some of the bizarre conclusions they would reach. In one episode, they found a dead deer with a broken leg bone. One of the "researchers" looked at the camera and expertly opined "yup, this is a classic sasquatch kill. See the way the bone is broken in this radial pattern?". LMAO! So, this is an animal we don't even know exists, yet these dipsh!ts seem to know all about its ecology, behavior, and feeding habits? LOL!

Yeah, but you would think that if there was this extant primate species still roaming around the woods, we would have found something beyond apocryphal tales and questionable sightings from local rednecks. How many humans die in the woods each year? I would guess not very many. Yet we sometimes find human bones from somebody who has died years ago. Why have we never found a single sasquatch bone? Not a hair? A footprint? A tooth? Nothing. I know we are finding new species all the time, including primate species. But these are often in parts of the world that are not well-travelled by humans (unlike the pacific northwest) and by species much smaller than a sasquatch. My feeling is that they don't exist, and that sightings are misidentifications of other animal species. That said, I don't rule it out, and it certainly would be a fascinating find if we were to come across one.
    There are parts of the Pacific NW where very few people have ever been.

But BF is sighted all across the USA. All the sightings I relayed were in South Dakota for example. One of the hotbeds for BF is actually Oklahoma.

I think that if they are out there and I'll wait until I've seen one myself before I'm 100%, then they run in family packs and they bury their dead. If they are out there, they are far more human-like than most of us would be comfortable with I'm sure.

Yes, and if anything, it seems like someone would have found a tooth or jawbone. I would be more scared of a Mountain Lion or bear than Bigfoot.

Karl, you know Bigfeet are smart and they have more senses than humans. They obviously hide very well.

I don't think the have supernatural powers like the Indians think they do, but I will bet they don't smell very good. That is not racist.

I think that if they are out there and I'll wait until I've seen one myself before I'm 100%, then they run in family packs and they bury their dead. If they are out there, they are far more human-like than most of us would be comfortable with I'm sure.
    Me too -- I would have to see solid evidence before I really believe it.

I don't think the have supernatural powers like the Indians think they do, but I will bet they don't smell very good. That is not racist.
    I also hear they are very protective of their beef jerky and don't like to be "messed with".

No racist.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A large species like a Bigfoot would have a significant impact on the environment they lived in. To have a healthy breeding population it would be basically impossible for us to never find any trace of their existence. The bones of various extinct kinds of animals, right up to dinosaurs, are well known to science. Yet nobody has ever found the bones of a Bigfoot, though this race supposedly isn't even extinct. Plus, the existence of a bigfoot would violate many of the rules that govern the survival and existence of other wild animals. A creature that large would utilize external resources that would put it in direct and constant contact with the biggest predator in the world: humans.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The problem is that somehow the BF seem to know there's a trail camera in the area. Getting a good picture of BF seems to be a very tough gig.

The best film is still the classic Patterson Gimlin.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Patt...tterson+Gimlin

I once had a guy online swear to me he had the 'best' bigfoot photos out there and he emailed them to me. They were a joke tbh and it became obvious the guy was nutters.

There was a video online that I saw and have never stumbled onto it again that showed a guy out in the woods and he was obviously scared chit=less (if he was acting he was a whale of an actor) he had the camera shown onto the brush ahead of him and for just a brief second you could make out a set of eyes, a nose and mouth and then it pulled back into the brush.

That was a really interesting video but it was very brief and I sadly didn't keep a link to it. It was on youtube but there are almost literally a million bf videos on there and almost certainly 99.999% are hoaxes.
    I'm pretty sure that Patterson video was finally proven to be a hoax a few years ago. It definitely had me looking over my shoulder for a while in the woods though...

Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Everyone gets a reality tv show but me...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

I'm pretty sure that Patterson video was finally proven to be a hoax a few years ago. It definitely had me looking over my shoulder for a while in the woods though....
    That really depends on who you talk to. As for me I've yet to see anything to 'prove' it was a hoax. If you really dive into it you'll see that if it was a hoax it was WAY ahead of it's time. Even today you'd be hard pressed to duplicate it without cgi which of course didn't exist at all in that time frame.

As to 'not seeing them', we now have cougars back into much of the US, and you rarely see them. I've not heard of anyone having a visual sighting of them where my brother lives but he sees their tracks all of the time along the banks of the Missouri River and that's just a couple of hundred yards from a large resort and marina. You'd think with all of the hundreds of fisherman and hunters (this is in the number one pheasant county in SD) somebody would see one or find bones... but nope, just footprints.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That really depends on who you talk to. As for me I've yet to see anything to 'prove' it was a hoax. If you really dive into it you'll see that if it was a hoax it was WAY ahead of it's time. Even today you'd be hard pressed to duplicate it without cgi which of course didn't exist at all in that time frame.

As to 'not seeing them', we now have cougars back into much of the US, and you rarely see them. I've not heard of anyone having a visual sighting of them where my brother lives but he sees their tracks all of the time along the banks of the Missouri River and that's just a couple of hundred yards from a large resort and marina. You'd think with all of the hundreds of fisherman and hunters (this is in the number one pheasant county in SD) somebody would see one or find bones... but nope, just footprints.
    It's a fact that even the most elusive (real) animals have and are sighted on a regular basis, have and are defined by a standard taxonomy, and while rarely seen have actually been confirmed to exist. Wild animals aren’t just things glimpsed briefly and without warning before disappearing into the underbrush without a trace, never to be seen again. They leave behind proof of their existance. Nests, tracks, scat, fur, blood, disturbed folliage, all that stuff trackers look for. They eat stuff, and stuff eats them. They can be glimpsed hunting, fighting, fleeing, forraging, mating. Bigfoots have left behind nothing, and it’s not as if we haven’t been looking.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Everyone gets a reality tv show but me...
    Even I plan to start the Fishman reality tour.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    It's a fact that even the most elusive (real) animals have and are sighted on a regular basis, have and are defined by a standard taxonomy, and while rarely seen have actually been confirmed to exist. Wild animals aren’t just things glimpsed briefly and without warning before disappearing into the underbrush without a trace, never to be seen again. They leave behind proof of their existance. Nests, tracks, scat, fur, blood, disturbed folliage, all that stuff trackers look for. They eat stuff, and stuff eats them. They can be glimpsed hunting, fighting, fleeing, forraging, mating. Bigfoots have left behind nothing, and it’s not as if we haven’t been looking.
    They're seen all of the time and we've got castings of their feet. I've relayed several sightings that I know of personally and not a one of those was ever reported to the police, the media or any BF organization. The one thing that happens when you start talking about BF is you find that there are a lot of folks out there that have seen something they can't explain.

Taking a photo or a video of something that is as frightening as an 8 foot ape isn't exactly an easy task. I remember a story told by a fellow from California. He was out camping and something was messing with his tent during the nights. So one night he decides to wait outside the tent to get the drop on whatever it was. He was camping on a rocky outcrop and positioned himself in a v-shaped area right in front of his tent. It had him boxed in but he believed that then nothing could sneak up on him from behind. He was armed with a 45 acp pistol and waited. During the night he saw a bigfoot come up and start poking his tent. Upon seeing it he didn't try to shoot or take a photo, all he could do was piss his pants. Once he did that the BF looked right at him and then took off into the woods. The guy spent the rest of the night in that v in the rock too afraid to move. He said whatever it was a .45 caliber wouldn't have even slowed it down.

Here's a good analysis of the PG video.

Last edited by Old-Time-Lifter; 12-31-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Me too -- I would have to see solid evidence before I really believe it.

I also hear they are very protective of their beef jerky and don't like to be "messed with".

No racist.
    Nothing wrong with Bigfeet taking advantage of capitalism.

They're seen all of the time and we've got castings of their feet. I've relayed several sightings that I know of personally and not a one of those was ever reported to the police, the media or any BF organization. The one thing that happens when you start talking about BF is you find that there are a lot of folks out there that have seen something they can't explain.

Taking a photo or a video of something that is as frightening as an 8 foot ape isn't exactly an easy task. I remember a story told by a fellow from California. He was out camping and something was messing with his tent during the nights. So one night he decides to wait outside the tent to get the drop on whatever it was. He was camping on a rocky outcrop and positioned himself in a v-shaped area right in front of his tent. It had him boxed in but he believed that then nothing could sneak up on him from behind. He was armed with a 45 acp pistol and waited. During the night he saw a bigfoot come up and start poking his tent. Upon seeing it he didn't try to shoot or take a photo, all he could do was piss his pants. Once he did that the BF looked right at him and then took off into the woods. The guy spent the rest of the night in that v in the rock too afraid to move. He said whatever it was a .45 caliber wouldn't have even slowed it down.

Here's a good analysis of the GP video.
    Eyewitness sightings can be quite inaccurate- just consider the cases of people, under oath and in court whose eyewitness testimony is called into question. I don't doubt there's a infinitesimal chance that a creature such as bigfoot does exist, however, I am going to play the odds that it does not. Enjoyed the thread and Happy New Years!