LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Need a yes or no if I'm doing this right.. Atm I'm tryna cut, but nutrition..

Age: 15 6'0, 230 lb, 30% BF. Roughly 160ish lean muscle I suppose.

Atm I wanna cut down to 200 lb. Assuming I follow the 1g of protein per lb of lean muscle, that'd be 160 grams of protein that I need to consume. 160*4=640.
    Max calorie intake is 2400 or so, and I'm cutting 400 calories from the 2400.
    2000(total calories allowed)-640(protein calories)=1360. This comes down to carbs and fats though :/

First, am I calculating this right? To elaborate, I mean am I on the right path by figuring the protein grams I should be consuming, multiplying it by calories in a gram of protein, and minusing it all from my calories. Assuming that's correct, would I split carb and fat evenly? Should I even be cutting to start in the first place? Help is greatly obliged..
    Last edited by LordCrabb; 12-24-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    Hilariously bad noob just trying to find his way, have mercy.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There's no reason for you to be tracking your caloric intake at your age. Make it simple, eat healthier and get active.

LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LordCrabb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    There's no reason for you to be tracking your caloric intake at your age. Make it simple, eat healthier and get active.
    Maybe so, but I don't feel off the hook yet. I don't want to be. No offense, but I'm not too sure on how to interpret your advice(not criticism). If calories in calories out, then I feel I'm obliged to count calories. A little backstory; I weighed 180 lb, but after a bout of depression I would eat uncontrollably I guess and I got up to 243. I've gotten down a little bit weight wise, but a bit unhealthily I'll admit.

I'm not good at sports at all, and I've got a mental disabled brother I have to take care of and chores to do and stupid family members. I'm afraid going to the gym is the only leniency a day that I can get to myself, assuming an hour a day thing a few times a week. A decent little escape. Is hitting the gym still off the table? I ask this because I think calorie intake tracking plays a huge part, and 'cutting' seemed logical as well.
    Knowing how much protein I'm getting, the amount of calories per gram of carbs, fat, and protein so I don't break past a much needed deficit at my size, whilst still getting what I need to maintain muscle so my body doesn't look like an all time past favorite food of mine: fruity pebbles, with the consistency of that of a fata$$ with no muscle.
    Last edited by LordCrabb; 12-25-2016 at 11:51 AM.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LordCrabb View Post
    Maybe so, but I don't feel off the hook yet. I don't want to be. No offense, but I'm not too sure on how to interpret your advice(not criticism). If calories in calories out, then I feel I'm obliged to count calories. A little backstory; I weighed 180 lb, but after a bout of depression I would eat uncontrollably I guess and I got up to 243. I've gotten down a little bit weight wise, but a bit unhealthily I'll admit.

I'm not good at sports at all, and I've got a mental disabled brother I have to take care of and chores to do and stupid family members. I'm afraid going to the gym is the only leniency a day that I can get to myself, assuming an hour a day thing a few times a week. A decent little escape. Is hitting the gym still off the table? I ask this because I think calorie intake tracking plays a huge part, and 'cutting' seemed logical as well.
    Knowing how much protein I'm getting, the amount of calories per gram of carbs, fat, and protein so I don't break past a much needed deficit at my size, whilst still getting what I need to maintain muscle so my body doesn't look like an all time past favorite food of mine: fruity pebbles, with the consistency of that of a fata$$ with no muscle.
    Nope, that's perfectly fine. I just advise that you not track at your age.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    Nope, that's perfectly fine. I just advise that you not track at your age.
    Oh. Thank you!