jropeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Loss Progress

Hello everyone! I have a question...

I've been working very hard to lose weight lately. Been in the gym 5 days a week doing lifting and at least 30 minutes of cardio. Monday when I weighed in, I was at 200.4. I took the day off yesterday after spending 7 consecutive days in the gym, had a light workout last night, and today I weighed in at 200.6. Nothing in my diet has changed, and I'm wondering if this kind of thing is normal...

Will I have days where I don't lose any weight, and perhaps gain a very small amount? As I am fairly new to all of this, any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jropeter View Post
    Will I have days where I don't lose any weight, and perhaps gain a very small amount?
    Yes...completely normal.

Don't measure progress over day to day or even week to week fluctuations. Instead look at the long term (ie 3-4 week rolling average) trendline.

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Completely normal. It's completely normal to even gain/lose several pounds overnight. Most commonly it's water weight that's the culprit.

The human body is not a machine that operates under exact science rules. Daily fluctuations are super common. Which is why it's important to look at weekly or even monthly trends instead of putting too much value into daily changes.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

jropeter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I actually created an Excel spreadsheet where I track all of my weight loss week over week. More than anything, it is my curiosity that makes me get on that scale each day to weigh myself.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you calculate a 7 day moving average it will take the fluctuation out of it.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/