canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Secrets of growing old

I saw this programme on ITV last night about older people and how age is just a number to them. Truly inspiring.

There was an older guy weight training and it got me thinking and hoping I'm like that at his age.

Just curious - who are some of the oldest lifters on here and what's your story? Is it still feeling good? How are injuries? Do other people have opinions? What's would you say is the secret to your success of still lifting?

Ageing fascinates me so any stories would be great to hear.

The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are no secrets that I know of. Simply a love of the activity
    and persistence. Everything works, then nothing does.

A lifelong experiment.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There is no secret to growing old, it just somehow happens all by itself
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dazlittle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BH needs to get in here!
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I didn't start training until age 45; I'm in my late 60's now, and have been training consistently in all that time with never a layoff or any injury other than a few minor ones. I've maxed-out two journals on this site since joining, and am on my 3rd now. You're welcome to visit my current journal to see what I'm doing; the link is in my sig, below.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by canadiancoops View Post
    Do other people have opinions?

Ageing fascinates me so any stories would be great to hear.
    Maybe other peoples experiences are different, but all "older" (that definition continues to change as I get older myself) people I know either love life or don't (to some extent). I don't think there is any big secret to "staying young". People with a healthy positive outlook make the best out of life no matter what their situation is, while other people just sit around waiting to die. I've seen older people who could be doing productive things who just sit around doing nothing and wasting their time on this planet...and I see people with all kinds of debilitating hindrances squeezing everything they can out of life. The lucky ones have both their health AND that positive outlook.

It's obvious there are things a person can do to stay in better shape, physically and mentally, as they grow older...but like all things, we are still victims of our genetic limitations. A person could do everything right and still deteriorate and/or die of natural causes relatively "young", while someone else can do everything wrong and live to be over 100, doing jumping jacks and running marathons.

IMHO, quality of life as you age is all dependent on outlook and attitude. I know, not directly about lifting, but I think it's all relevant. If you have a passion and love for lifting, you will continue to do it to any extent you can and continue to enjoy it. The benefits you reap are just a bonus.

Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000) Georgeoz is just really nice. (+1000)

The "secret" of growing old(er)

I turned 81 last week. I inherited a predisposition to heart disease and have had the open heart procedures twice. The "secret of growing old" is that you will eventually die.

The other secret is that, until that time comes, be the best you can be. I have run (until my knees packed in), played squash (ditto), cycled, and (stll) worked out most days. And in the summer, swim every day (now it's winter so I can only get to the pool once or twice a week). I also continued to work in my consulting business until about a year ago - well past what is considered retiring age.

I do not think any of this is remarkable, but, as I look around at other men of my age, I can see that it is unusual. Many people, including some nice ladies, tell me I don't look my age.

The secret of growing old is staring you in the face. In my view, there are these things to do. Eat well but sparingly, more good fats and carbs; less protein. Work out and other exercise every day. Ejaculate frequently and regularly (This serious - you stand a far better chance of avoiding prostate cancer and other prostate problems). No silly or coy remarks about this, please. Finally, find the supplements that suit your metabolism (every man is different so what may work for me might not for you or you).

You Americans also need to throw off the burden of religion. There is not, and never will be, an "afterlife", so live this one.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Maybe other peoples experiences are different, but all "older" (that definition continues to change as I get older myself) people I know either love life or don't (to some extent). I don't think there is any big secret to "staying young". People with a healthy positive outlook make the best out of life no matter what their situation is, while other people just sit around waiting to die. I've seen older people who could be doing productive things who just sit around doing nothing and wasting their time on this planet...and I see people with all kinds of debilitating hindrances squeezing everything they can out of life. The lucky ones have both their health AND that positive outlook.

It's obvious there are things a person can do to stay in better shape, physically and mentally, as they grow older...but like all things, we are still victims of our genetic limitations. A person could do everything right and still deteriorate and/or die of natural causes relatively "young", while someone else can do everything wrong and live to be over 100, doing jumping jacks and running marathons.

IMHO, quality of life as you age is all dependent on outlook and attitude. I know, not directly about lifting, but I think it's all relevant. If you have a passion and love for lifting, you will continue to do it to any extent you can and continue to enjoy it. The benefits you reap are just a bonus.
    So true. This guy doesn't lift at all, but at 74 he's outlived every expectation.

Although admittedly he's had a little help from technology.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000) bri88col is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Started back up at 40 after 12 year layoff..I'm going to be 50 in Nov...never thought I'd be benching 435 at my age..having a blast
    www.********.com/Oldmanmuscle
    www.Instagram.com/cobri66
    www.twitter.com/bric882009

pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bri88col View Post
    Started back up at 40 after 12 year layoff..I'm going to be 50 in Nov...never thought I'd be benching 435 at my age..having a blast
    3 good posts in a row

Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac Palmac
    Unless I missed it you didnt mention how old you are yourself?
    FWIW Im 48 and in as good a shape as Ive been. First started training from 20-30 got my girl, married, family, work, then started lifting again at 41 to the present.
    I think many over 35's share a similar tale.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Age is a number. Old is a state of mind.
    David

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ill turn 75 in exactly 4 months, had a dad who started me with home-made weights at 12, have a wife who is equally committed to fitness/strength and anti-aging, and live in the worlds largest retirement community (130,000+) in The Villages Fl. Each of those conditions contributed to direction, instruction, support, opportunity and environment which made/make it possible for me to remain extremely healthy, strong and fit. I actually have continually, gotten a little better in all respects every year since retiring here some 16 years ago.
    Over time I have learned and adapted my lifting and running routines to support and challenge my changing goals as I age. Challenge is an important element, not to be overlooked. For the Dutchess and I, our philosophy is, we can get better or worse, the choice is up to us. That drives us 5 or 6 days a week. We coddle our aging bodies by doing 3 splits, interspersed with 2 days of aerobics (HIIT) and generally work to 5 rep max sets or 1 minute max intervals say on the treadmill. Still, last month I hit 420 on my 5X rack-deads, 250 on my 5X squats and 6:30 mph on my sprint intervals. Setting modest, realistic goals, with lots of time to reach them and allowing enough recovery time between punishing workouts has let us stay charged up about progressing in everything we take on. Surrounded by a huge city of retirees averaging close to 68 provides lots of positive and negative examples and opportunities which have their positive effect on our energy and commitment.
    To optimize our physical and mental efforts the Dutchess directs a solid natural diet plan (we do cheat sometimes lol) and I study and organize our tremendous commitment to natural vitamins (100 per day for me and 40 for her). We back this up with careful quarterly check-ups and blood tests with our Naturopath MD, who says we have another 50 years in our systems if we keep it up.
    The tale I tell folks here is, We study and work all our lives at being good and successful at our jobs so we can someday enjoy retirement. Most of us fail at preparing our bodies also as well as our wallets. Now in retirement our job has changed, it is to be as fit and healthy as we can, to enjoy and share our retirement as long as possible and to its fullest every day.

These You Tube videos of Dutchess are 3 years old but should give an idea of what old folks can achieve.

Dutchess does Situps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyqMhTrDrM

Dutchess Does Squats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQrMNvtlqn4
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Every day I wake up, I'm a day older. Not much I can do about that, so I go about my business without whining.

Registered User TheFuarkingBoss's Avatar
    TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    I’ll turn 75 in exactly 4 months, had a dad who started me with home-made weights at 12, have a wife who is equally committed to fitness/strength and anti-aging, and live in the world’s largest retirement community (130,000+) in The Villages Fl. Each of those conditions contributed to direction, instruction, support, opportunity and environment which made/make it possible for me to remain extremely healthy, strong and fit. I actually have continually, gotten a little better in all respects every year since retiring here some 16 years ago.
    Over time I have learned and adapted my lifting and running routines to support and challenge my changing goals as I age. Challenge is an important element, not to be overlooked. For the Dutchess and I, our philosophy is, we can get better or worse, the choice is up to us. That drives us 5 or 6 days a week. We coddle our aging bodies by doing 3 splits, interspersed with 2 days of aerobics (HIIT) and generally work to 5 rep max sets or 1 minute max intervals say on the treadmill. Still, last month I hit 420 on my 5X rack-deads, 250 on my 5X squats and 6:30 mph on my sprint intervals. Setting modest, realistic goals, with lots of time to reach them and allowing enough recovery time between punishing workouts has let us stay charged up about progressing in everything we take on. Surrounded by a huge city of retirees averaging close to 68 provides lots of positive and negative examples and opportunities which have their positive effect on our energy and commitment.
    To optimize our physical and mental efforts the Dutchess directs a solid natural diet plan (we do cheat sometimes lol) and I study and organize our tremendous commitment to natural vitamins (100 per day for me and 40 for her). We back this up with careful quarterly check-ups and blood tests with our Naturopath MD, who says we have another 50 years in our systems if we keep it up.
    The tale I tell folks here is, “We study and work all our lives at being good and successful at our jobs so we can someday enjoy retirement. Most of us fail at preparing our bodies also as well as our wallets. Now in retirement our job has changed, it is to be as fit and healthy as we can, to enjoy and share our retirement as long as possible and to its fullest every day.”

These You Tube videos of Dutchess are 3 years old but should give an idea of what old folks can achieve.

Dutchess does Situps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkyqMhTrDrM

Dutchess Does Squats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQrMNvtlqn4
    Dam your wife looks great!
    Brah

carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50) carrollcarroll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Working in geriatrics provides my motivation. Gallon freezer bags full of meds, life scheduled around multiple Dr appointments, and terrified of every new ache or pain.
    I don't personally care to age that way. I'd rather collapse in the gym under a pile of iron.

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheFuarkingBoss View Post
    Dam your wife looks great!
    Thanks, she works at it. Those were at 70, 3 years ago.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by carrollcarroll View Post
    Working in geriatrics provides my motivation. Gallon freezer bags full of meds, life scheduled around multiple Dr appointments, and terrified of every new ache or pain.
    I don't personally care to age that way. I'd rather collapse in the gym under a pile of iron.
    Agreed, gotta be a better way to go than to suffer for years before you die

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All I know is that Ellen Stein started lifting late in life, and now that's she's in her 60's, she deadlifts 400+.

A friend of mine at my gym is just under 80 years old and prepping for a powerlifting meet, he is bench only at this point. His goal after this meet is to make it into the 2020's and compete again then, so that he will have been doing meets for 7 decades straight.

sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugarmaple11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not an older lifter (yet) but I hope to be one day. I'm certainly old enough to have seen an extremely (as in, nearly 100%) correlation between people who have a passive attitude about aging and believe that your body/mind/health, etc. invariably start failing around age 40-50 onwards, and those who know it can largely be preserved but doing so takes effort, activity and discipline. This observation certainly applies to family members of mine (i.e. my genetics).

Basically, there seems to be a lot we can generally do about the choice of spending decades managing illness vs. managing health, and I'm choosing health where possible.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The secret is there ain't no secret, and you don't get your money back.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are no secrets. 1st thing to do is get up off the couch and do something. 2nd is to always remember...Geezers rule!
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by carrollcarroll View Post
    That's the spirit!
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unfortunately it's a secret, I can't control. ...

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Growing old is a gift. I mean.. consider the alternative. :-)

A bit OT but at 58 I am one of the oldest regular gym rats at my gym. Sometimes feel a bit self consious with some the the younger guys who can lift about the double of what I manage. It was cool to get a comment on FB from one of them saying "Bill you are an inspiration to us kids at "Tarzan Factory" (My gyms nickname) :-)