Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000) xevolution is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ITT: op makes minimum wage
    *Self-Improvement Crew*
    *Detroit Red Wings*
    *Overnight parts from Japan Crew*

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WSG1 View Post
    I'd be interested in this as well. I think this is a bigger problem than the wage itself. I know most fast food jobs/retail jobs work you part time and 30 hours a week is considered a good week. Only managers and long time employees get full time judging by the 2 retail jobs i had.
    even around here fast food pays more than min wage as long as youre full time... so im thinking the % of actual min wage jobs is really damn low... i dont know a single person working one... even the girl i know whos in school makes a little more than min wage at a clothing store part time
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CickSunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    high schoolers don't deserve a livung wage. unless you ban 25 year olds from working at mcd and force them to work skilled jobs there shouldn't be a 15 dollar minimum wage. when you raise min wage the difference between those who try is less. why eork for 18 at a stressful job when you can work the counter at mcd fpr only a little less?

mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtpktz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by YWOC View Post
    *Derrick Rose 2017 Finals MVP crew*

WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WSG1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by seanb1979 View Post
    even around here fast food pays more than min wage as long as youre full time... so im thinking the % of actual min wage jobs is really damn low... i dont know a single person working one... even the girl i know whos in school makes a little more than min wage at a clothing store part time
    Makes this whole thing pointless as hell lol. Raise min wage to $15/hr. Will still make as much as a full time $9.50/hr worker right now.
    I like the tuna here.

LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LiftYourself is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    I'd be happy to.

1) the funding for rises in minimum wage comes directly from the ultra rich, not the middle class. The middle class don't fund this, there's no loss on their side for funding their wages. It comes out of companies pockets.

2) If you give additional funds to the people who spend more than they make, they will... surprise, spend it. Putting money back into the hands of the businesses, spending stimulates the economy.

3) all the businesses that basically have additional revenue from the spike in spending can afford to pay employees more, and not all businesses just hire minimum wage employees, they higher middle class employees.

You're basically pumping some money from savings accounts back into the economy. I believe this will stimulate the middle class. The poor will just continue to spend it all away.

There's also a hidden benefit of some of the poor who are actually driven and somewhat intelligent (usually younger) having the new opportunity of being able to afford things like college, or afford not to work themselves out of energy and apply themselves, bringing a select small group out of poverty, into middle class and being contributors.

I think the counter arguments to raising the minimum wage are much weaker. Inflation is over exagurated due to paying a few, small % of the "spending poor" class a few dollars more per hour. Again, revenue increases because they are the spenders. They are a small percent of the population. There wouldn't be any significant inflation like the suggestion.

Trust me, I'm anti-left and anti PC and I'm a very business minded persn, I still truly think it should be raised.
    If you think CEO's are going to take a wage cut, you're highly mistake. CEO's are skilled intrapreneurs who bring together countless factors of production SUCCESSFULLY, making them highly irreplaceable and limited. A burger flipper on the other hand? There's thousands of those. No real skills are needed for it.
    Manlet lurker.

laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500) laser23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Most corporations are to greedy to give a damn about their workers. Profits>all for most corporations
    We are in the end stage of capitalism and will hopefully move to some western european model.

Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Water_American is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    this is not how objective reality or science works. I too was 14-17 year old kid once who worked minimum wage jobs. I also lived on Earth. Your post is worthless.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=effect of sodium
    All hail IronManlet. King of scientists and objective reality. You're just so enlightened bro, how did you get that way? It must be nice to live life ignoring your direct observations. There's definitely something to be said for blissful ignorance.

Registered User IPoopStandingUp's Avatar
    IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) IPoopStandingUp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
    I really do not understand why misc right wingers always say that a job working at macdonalds or whatever is supposed to be a kid's job. that you're not supposed to make a living off that kind of job. says WHO though? Americans were able to do this EASILY a few decades ago. and now it's impossible, but all you hardcore conservatives seem TOTALLY cool with it.

If you could support a family working minimum wage only a few decades ago, why can't that happen now? corporations used to pay people living wages and now a lot of them don't. why is that an acceptable outcome for a lot of miscers?

I'm not a liberal hippie either but the sheer amount of CEO/Corporation/Billionaire dick riding I see on the misc in these threads is just laughable. they're not gonna give you some of their money for defending them lol. because honestly that's kinda what it seems like from what I'm reading on here.
    If i want to work an easy task that doesnt provide a huge amount of value to my employer for a few extra bucks, why should this be illegal?

If you make every single job that exists legally required to pay enough to fully support the worker, you are basically banning certain jobs.

You can look at it as protecting the poor from greedy billionaires, but I see it as limiting the freedom of workers and providing them fewer opportunities, especially teenagers, old people, and full-time workers who might need a second job.