Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Beta alanine to Taurine ratio?

Just curious if anyone has experimented with beta alanine & taurine. I realize BA is in many pre-wo mixes and research suggests it's safe at lower doses at least for 12 week use. However, it can deplete taurine levels. Anyone know what the ratio is if taking together? I was thinking 2-3g BA & 5g taurine mixed in with my 7g amino acids I drink intra Wo. It appears dose timing doesn't matter because BA builds up like creatine in the muscles. I ordered NOW powder of both. It was cheap, and if it gives me even a placebo effect for a while during my diet it will be worth the $20. So any thoughts on the ratio? I couldn't find much in terms of specifics of the ratio gram to gram. Just some stuff indicating the Taurine counteracts the BA and others suggesting it is best to use both....or neither lol.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As far as I know, the concern that beta-alanine depletes taurine is only theoretical, as in it hasn't actually been shown to happen in any human studies. It did happen with rats that were overfed beta-alanine. Thus, I suspect you're fine as long as you stay around 3g of beta alanine per day and don't take any extra. Smaller doses can also offer benefits, just not as many.

In terms of taurine supplementation, you probably wouldn't want to take beta-alanine and taurine together as they can compete with each other for uptake. If you took them both, I would use one in the morning and the other in the evening. You also don't need that much taurine. 500mg-2000mg is enough to be effective and in terms of long term health, up to 3g/day has been established as safe.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    As far as I know, the concern that beta-alanine depletes taurine is only theoretical, as in it hasn't actually been shown to happen in any human studies. It did happen with rats that were overfed beta-alanine. Thus, I suspect you're fine as long as you stay around 3g of beta alanine per day and don't take any extra. Smaller doses can also offer benefits, just not as many.

In terms of taurine supplementation, you probably wouldn't want to take beta-alanine and taurine together as they can compete with each other for uptake. If you took them both, I would use one in the morning and the other in the evening. You also don't need that much taurine. 500mg-2000mg is enough to be effective and in terms of long term health, up to 3g/day has been established as safe.
    Thanks.

I found pretty close to what I was looking for. Not sure why I didn't find this yesterday, but read some other interesting studies.

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...art-iv_13.html

I plan to just mix it all up together and drink it Intra WO for simplicity. I'm pretty sure it will work as well as I "believe" it works...Which I'm good with . Just need about 12 weeks of Placebo gainz to hopefully finish off my diet. A years supply of both is cheaper than a month of "off the shelf" Pre-WO And I like my Coffee for my morning Caffeine Jolt.

Took 3.5g of BA today intra WO on an empty stomach, no paresthesia....Taurine will be added when it gets to me.

The link above suggests 3:5 BA to Taurine. I'll likely do some more looking too.

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've been taking 8 caps ie about 6.4 gms of BA daily for over 4 years. I take it before my lifting and aerobic workouts. I then take 3 gms. of Taurine at night along with my ZMA and Melatonin. The high volume of BA helps me recover and lift more or run harder on my intervals. To me, at almost 75, it is a recovery godsend. Funny, but both my late wife and for 6 years my new wife have loved the Taurine for ending their night-time leg cramps. I also believe strongly in the BA-Carnosine link and it's serious improvement on our longevity.
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post

Basically this. Further studies have shown that they may actually use different pathways. I researched a bit on hearing ba may be heart unhealthy. My take is both are good.

Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    I've been taking 8 caps ie about 6.4 gms of BA daily for over 4 years. I take it before my lifting and aerobic workouts. I then take 3 gms. of Taurine at night along with my ZMA and Melatonin. The high volume of BA helps me recover and lift more or run harder on my intervals. To me, at almost 75, it is a recovery godsend. Funny, but both my late wife and for 6 years my new wife have loved the Taurine for ending their night-time leg cramps. I also believe strongly in the BA-Carnosine link and it's serious improvement on our longevity.
    Thanks, Looks like your still an animal at 75 so you must be doing something right. Some of the research of BA on degenerative cognitive disease looks interesting as well.

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Basically this. Further studies have shown that they may actually use different pathways. I researched a bit on hearing ba may be heart unhealthy. My take is both are good.
    Thanks, I know you like to dig deep into the analytical stuff.