JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Advice Needed for Knee Strengthening

I've completed physical therapy for inward bent knees. I improved from a 30% angle on my left knee to a 25%. My right knee wasn't as bad but has also improved. I did one hour twice a week of hard, sweating work using the rowing machine, Total Gym, treadmill, recumbent bicycle, weights, Resistance bands, lots of other stuff too. Loved every minute of it! Despite the pain!

Here's what I face now.....Caught a bad bacterial URI that put me down for one month. I don't want all my hard work to slip back and my knees could if I don't keep up working out. I can't go back for more physical therapy until next year. Money is currently very limited for me.

I was benefiting the most from the Total Gym. I've seen that the Vigor Fit Gym is rated higher. Right now I can't afford one of these but perhaps soon..... so what can I do to keep my knees strong?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) stonecold123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hello i am not a doctor but i have been following this:

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/PDFs/Rehab_Knee_6.pdf

as my knees are creaky and weak

dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalylink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try posting in the exercise forum. Come back here when you are ready to purchase some equipment.

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JKestrel View Post

what can I do to keep my knees strong?
    squat

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've completed physical therapy for inward bent knees. I improved from a 30% angle on my left knee to a 25%. My right knee wasn't as bad but has also improved.
    In other words, I was doing something that worked so I decided to quit doing that.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Opie, what did your physical therapist recommend when your therapy ended? You did ask about what to do to keep making progress, correct?
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JKestrel has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    squat
    You've proven yourself a$$hole. Now go back home to mommy.

Smile Great advice from my friends.

Thanks for your advice! I appreciate it. Currently losing weight at a rate of about one pound a week. Really got lucky and found a Total Gym that was barely used at a pawn shop. Only $35.00. What a steal....

Squats are great. I have no cartiledge left in the left knee so this is really hard right now but in time, yes.

Thanks guys! As for the obviously stupid person on here.......good luck. Career jerks are a dime a dozen.

Jeannie

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've proven yourself a$$hole. Now go back home to mommy.
    LOL. Good luck with your too stupid to do any research goals for 2016.

Originally Posted by dalylink View Post
    Try posting in the exercise forum. Come back here when you are ready to purchase some equipment.
    Thanks! You bet...
    .....the Force is strong in this one.

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    squat
    Give up! You're now on my ignore list......
    .....the Force is strong in this one.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    uwotm8

It only sets a person up for defeat when you are too strict with yourself. Pizza, burgers. All depends on what they are made from.

Thanks.
    When I was in my 20's and 30's I could spend a day at the beach looking hot in my speedo at 148 pounds and eat chips and hot dogs all day. My metabolism was high back then. I ran around playing with a beach ball, chasing my dog, chasing kids, having a great time. I'm 67 now. Still that young girl at heart. I HAVE TO stay away from all those foods now. After my last post about how strict I am with my diet I went to Starbucks yesterday. I had a caramel macciato and a Santa Cookie! Tasted great! I'm up three pounds!! Crap. Back to healthy snacks.
    I've overheard others talking about "eating clean" when I'm at my gym. I am going to assume....that they mean no refined sugar and fast foods perhaps. No processed foods.

I use Balsamic vinegar and olive oil mixed with dried or fresh herbs and add a dash of black pepper for salad dressings. I use lots of herbs. It has to taste good or I lose interest. Healthy eating plans don't have to be boring.

I was 315 one year ago. Now I'm 254. I had to completely swear off of junk foods. It almost drove me nuts! Just a couple of weeks ago I ordered a small fries at a local fast food place. I was really hungry and thought why not? I ate 4 of them and felt greasy all over!! Went home and looked up sweet potato fries that you can make yourself in your oven. Used a low fat sour cream dip which I make myself. Felt good about throwing away those fries. Fed them to a squirrel in the park. Holy cow....I even felt guilty about giving them to the squirrel.
    Hope that answers the question!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------