Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Afraid to gain a little weight in the pursuit of mass?..(fat boy vid) ;)

I see so many people on here that are afraid to eat. They think that mass will just come magically to them out of thin air. Many people our age, spend the first year or more trying to shed pounds that we gained as we aged. When they finally do, they are then afraid to eat to make progress. You hear the "R" word spoken so much. RECOMPING. To me, the "R" word is the fastest way to nowhere. While I wont say it is not possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, I will say for anyone but newbs, it is FAR from the most effective way to put on mass.

I finally reached the body comp I had sought after for a long time for the beginning of summer this year. It felt great to make it there and I enjoyed most of the year like that. As summer drew to a close, I decided to make a conscious decision to eat up once more. While I dont have any real hopes of gaining any significant mass from here on out, (I am lucky to gain 2-3 lbs a year at this point) I know if I dont eat, it will never happen. I also have changed my training style to a more 'bodybuilder' like routine. I felt it was worth the try....plus I enjoyed the eating!

Here is where I was for summer for reference...fairly lean for sure and I was happy with the way I looked:

So as we approach the end of the year, I am up almost 20lbs over my low summer weight. (just under 220) I had to workout at home tonight, so I used to opportunity to shoot a quick vid.

Not really flattering.... You can see my midsection thickened out quite a bit. I already have huge obliques so adding a little fat makes me look even wider from the front. One thing I am very happy about, is I have managed to bring my chest up some. I have always viewed it as a (visual) weak spot. Most of my mass was always up high and I have filled out some thickness for sure.

Going to wait till jan to cut down.... but excited to strip away bloat and fat and see how I look.

Again....not the most flattering vid...but if I can post up ones when I am in good shape, I should also show the flip side. (funny thing is, I actually think I look smaller in a way). I know the reality that if you want to gain mass, you cant be afraid to lay down some fat knowing you can strip it later.

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never thought your chest was a weak spot just that your shoulders overpowered it (in terms of looks).

Good post, ID. The problem for many, and myself included, is we have different starting points in the journey. If you're coming from a state of obesity (and an unhealthy relationship with food) it's very difficult to change the mind set. Also, eating can sometimes trigger things that got us to be fat asses in the first place, at least for me.

You look good and to me walk around like an off season bodybuilder all year. Hoping one day you listen to all the people who tell you you should be on stage, and I don't mean from dopes like me, but actual body builders who know what their talking about.
    Last edited by Jtbny; 11-20-2015 at 06:32 PM.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It took so much for me to lose weight that I all but developed an eating disorder that literally slowly destroyed my strength and size for the past three years. Now that I'm finally, like as I write this, have been eating in a consistent surplus again the strength is coming back fast which is a relief. I doubt I'll ever get that strength I had five years ago because of aging and injury.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I see so many people on here that are afraid to eat. They think that mass will just come magically to them out of thin air. Many people our age, spend the first year or more trying to shed pounds that we gained as we aged. When they finally do, they are then afraid to eat to make progress. You hear the "R" word spoken so much. RECOMPING. To me, the "R" word is the fastest way to nowhere. While I wont say it is not possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, I will say for anyone but newbs, it is FAR from the most effective way to put on mass.

I finally reached the body comp I had sought after for a long time for the beginning of summer this year. It felt great to make it there and I enjoyed most of the year like that. As summer drew to a close, I decided to make a conscious decision to eat up once more. While I dont have any real hopes of gaining any significant mass from here on out, (I am lucky to gain 2-3 lbs a year at this point) I know if I dont eat, it will never happen. I also have changed my training style to a more 'bodybuilder' like routine. I felt it was worth the try....plus I enjoyed the eating!

Here is where I was for summer for reference...fairly lean for sure and I was happy with the way I looked:

So as we approach the end of the year, I am up almost 20lbs over my low summer weight. (just under 220) I had to workout at home tonight, so I used to opportunity to shoot a quick vid.

Not really flattering.... You can see my midsection thickened out quite a bit. I already have huge obliques so adding a little fat makes me look even wider from the front. One thing I am very happy about, is I have managed to bring my chest up some. I have always viewed it as a (visual) weak spot. Most of my mass was always up high and I have filled out some thickness for sure.

Going to wait till jan to cut down.... but excited to strip away bloat and fat and see how I look.

Again....not the most flattering vid...but if I can post up ones when I am in good shape, I should also show the flip side. (funny thing is, I actually think I look smaller in a way). I know the reality that if you want to gain mass, you cant be afraid to lay down some fat knowing you can strip it later.

As much weight as you move in the gym ID your ability to tweak your diet to add mass or cut down virtually at will is the most impressive thing to me. The mental discipline it takes to do this is incredible. Mad props...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Good post, ID. The problem for many, and myself included, is we have different starting points in the journey. If you're coming from a state of obesity (and an unhealthy relationship with food) it's very difficult to change the mind set. Also, eating can sometimes trigger things that got us to be fat asses in the first place, at least for me.
    Another fat boy nodding...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    It took so much for me to lose weight that I all but developed an eating disorder that literally slowly destroyed my strength and size for the past three years. Now that I'm finally, like as I write this, have been eating in a consistent surplus again the strength is coming back fast which is a relief. I doubt I'll ever get that strength I had five years ago because of aging and injury.
    Yes..I can see that. The most heaviest I ever let myself go was about 30lbs overweight. Not a small amount but not huge. I dont think I ever developed an unhealthy relationship with food, it is just weight stacked up over the years. But the years of fixating on my diet started to bring out what I recognized as 'unhealthy' (mental) relationships. What I am trying to say, is when you put so much focus on what you eat, it can be easy to take that too far. The switching from surplus to deficit and back again, did present me with challenges. There are times I was just TIRED of eating a certain way.

But I never was afraid to get 'fat' again. I knew it was an important part of growing, and if you do it right, you have a good 4-5 months of solid training before you even notice any 'fat'. It can be tough mentally. Almost as hard as the feelings you have when cutting. But, I have found it is the most effective way of making progress.

I respect guys who come into this with a significant amount of weight to drop. It is a harder journey than what I had.

Originally Posted by Fishman15 View Post
    As much weight as you move in the gym ID your ability to tweak your diet to add mass or cut down virtually at will is the most impressive thing to me. The mental discipline it takes to do this is incredible. Mad props...
    One thing that I realized a while back is (after the first few months) you have to start thinking in terms of 3-6 month time frames for you 'mini' goals. Those are how I set my direction and they are totally determined by food intake. It is not nearly as hard (from a mental effort standpoint) as it was the first few years. Now 'dieting' or surplus is easy for me. Heck, I no longer count macros. I just keep a rough count of my protein macros and only use a food scale to keep myself honest when restricting carbs.

The hardest part for me is I really REALLY enjoy food. And when I am eating lighter, I have to miss out on so much. I also am a social person and summer activities with friends (and beers) are very big temptations for me. I "live" and enjoy a little, but I tend to not be the gluttonous fool that is fun to be sometimes. He is still in there for sure
    RAW lifts

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not afraid to eat... simply not hungry.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    I hear you on that.

I've been up to 250lbs before, I can happily sit at 235-240, but I am most comfortable at 225-230. It all comes down to which you value most, the size and strength or the ability not to feel sick for half of the day.

It's a quality of life decision at the end of the day. Here is the important point though: if people can't achieve A because they won't do B, they need to stop complaining that they can't achieve A.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

anonymous
    Inadvertent fat boy reporting in, after my hip surgery I went from 227 to nearly 240 in 6 weeks

No more, I'm too vain and too old to be over 225 anymore but I appreciate the dedication

fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fotv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP, how long have you been weight training?

I hear that this may be different for many, but I, like you, have a hard time eating a surplus. It is VERY hard for me on a daily basis. It leaves me feeling bloated and I look forward to a break from it. It is not easy, and probably harder for me than cutting. (although they both are tough).

Funny thing is, many people relate 'bulking' to just overeating once in a while. But eating a constant surplus every day is a lot tougher. Sure anyone can stuff themselves a few times and think 'bulking' would be easy. But do that every day.....and the fun wears off soon. I have found that eating a 250cal surplus is just as hard as 1000. Either way your body yells at you all the time that it has had enough.

This will be one of my last few 'bulks'....but I wanted to give one more shot at a sustained surplus since I have switched my training around so significantly. I cant say I will miss this part of training when I feel it will no longer be of much use to me....

Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    I hear you on that.

I've been up to 250lbs before, I can happily sit at 235-240, but I am most comfortable at 225-230. It all comes down to which you value most, the size and strength or the ability not to feel sick for half of the day.

It's a quality of life decision at the end of the day. Here is the important point though: if people can't achieve A because they won't do B, they need to stop complaining that they can't achieve A.
    Yes....there are some that stand on the sidelines and like to say things arent possible or attribute ALL of another's progress to external things....but the truth is, this sh!t isnt easy and it is not always fun. It has taken pretty much an obsessive pre-occupation and completed lifestyle change for the last 5 years for me (and I already had a base of 7 years in the gym prior). Funny thing.....those guys come and go.....and the guys who just train and do their thing are still here.

Speaking directly to my situation....I feel like I am finally getting to a place where I wanted to be. (truly did not even think I would get half of where I am now when I first started back). This stuff is easy for me now..... When I eat weird in public, no one gives me any grief. It all makes sense that I would live a different lifestyle the way I look.

The hard part is for the guy just starting out...or even the guy 1 year into the journey. People bust their balls when they are putting all this effort in and they think it is for nothing. Then ...over time, those small changes start adding up to HUGE ones, and the doubters are silenced. That is why I have so much admiration for the guys toughing it out the first few years.

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    Inadvertent fat boy reporting in, after my hip surgery I went from 227 to nearly 240 in 6 weeks

No more, I'm too vain and too old to be over 225 anymore but I appreciate the dedication
    Your hip recovery has been amazing. 220 feels so heavy on me, cant even imagine 240. Frankly I am looking forward to being back in the 200 range!
    RAW lifts

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Still enjoying being 60 lbs heavier than when I started. Will be a bit sad when I have to cut again.

gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    For the longest time, I've been one of those that has been afraid of a little fat and that has limited me on my growth. I'm 41 now and have mentally told myself that this "off season" i'm going to try to set aside having a well defined set of abs and allow my body to finally have some decent growth. I've always been able to cut no problem, so I don't know why Its been so difficult for me to mentally allow myself to grow and get a bit fluffy in the process. Great post OP and amazing build you have. I hope to at least break the 190 mark one day!
    *Team All American EFX Sports.
    *Registered Nurse/Trauma Certified.
    *NPC National Men's Physique Competitor, Top 10 Jr. USA's 2015.

Web: http://www.aaefx.com/
    ********: http://www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram:@efxsports

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
    All American EFX Sports as they are my own*

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm a magic bulker. It takes no effort at all for me to be in a surplus (at least to a point). My daily intake is pretty consistent during the week. I'm up 21lbs from the end of my last diet and all that was necessary for me was to try to eat my desired macros and keep myself comfortable but not overly full. My calories slowly inched up toward 2800 cals/day and I seem to be holding at under 210 pretty easily by keeping things tight through the week and endulging a little on the weekends. The thing that is great is I look a lot better at this weight now than last year. I'm going to diet again starting in the new year and do it again. So I will end up spending 3-4 months dieting, 4-6 months "accidentally bulking" and the remaining part of the year just training hard at a heavier weight. It keeps things interesting and allows me to enjoy myself most of the year by dieting early. I just hope I can get into the mindset to run another strict deficit. Much harder for me than gaining but everyone has their own things that are more challenging.

Nice job looks like you have added some size. I too have switched things up starting 5/3/1 and running my accessories in higher rep ranges. The soreness the first week has been off the charts. Strange that a few more reps at a lighter weight can cause so much more soreness for me than banging away at heavy for me low rep work. Kind of like it, but it's strange trying to get into a squat position and having my chest so sore it feels like I'm going to tear a pec. Hopefully it will be worth it, I find it more challenging than pushing low rep heavy stuff for me....I'm sure I'll adapt over time, but the endurance isn't there yet.

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great muscle bellies, OP. It clear that you can put on that size, man. Looks thick, and is a good look for "off season"
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    I hear you on that.

I am on the polar end of the spectrum. I was very comfortable at 150. I felt I had more energy and stamina. As I gained weight, I felt very sluggish. I'm currently sitting at 175 and starting to feel ok, but I know I would feel so much better if I dropped 15.

I hear that this may be different for many, but I, like you, have a hard time eating a surplus. It is VERY hard for me on a daily basis. It leaves me feeling bloated and I look forward to a break from it. It is not easy, and probably harder for me than cutting. (although they both are tough).
    To be quite honest, my dieting in the past was probably more due to the fact that I found it very easy to eat in a deficit rather than maintaining a small surplus...and I always wanted to keep the scale moving. I'm just not hungry... I could easily drop back tp 1000-1500 calories without thinking and hit 135lbs BW again.

Funny thing is, many people relate 'bulking' to just overeating once in a while. But eating a constant surplus every day is a lot tougher. Sure anyone can stuff themselves a few times and think 'bulking' would be easy. But do that every day.....and the fun wears off soon. I have found that eating a 250cal surplus is just as hard as 1000. Either way your body yells at you all the time that it has had enough.
    Much tougher to hit a small constant. So while I am being perfectly honest, I find the only way to maintain even a small steady surplus is with poor food choices. If it wasn't for the 3-4 full sugar soda's I would barely break 2000 calories. I do so fully understanding it isn't optimal, but it's the only way I can break the psychological barrier.

This will be one of my last few 'bulks'....but I wanted to give one more shot at a sustained surplus since I have switched my training around so significantly. I cant say I will miss this part of training when I feel it will no longer be of much use to me....
    Pushing for 210?
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 11-22-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very much this. I was so proud of the weight that I lost, and it was such a huge mental turning point for me to be able to fit in size 30 jeans for the first time in nearly 30 years that now every pound I gain, even it's it's muscle, seems painful. I always fear going back to where I was. At the same time, food is one of the most wonderful things in my universe, and my wife makes every meal a celebration. So I have an insoluble conflict between wanting to gain the mass necessary to be as strong as I can, and wanting to stay lean, and wanting to eat all day long.

I'm not sure how I'm going to arrive at that perfect balance, but at least it motivates me to keep lifting.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Pushing for 210?
    I do t think that will happen. Most likely I am guessing I will be back at 200 again. Maybe 199....maybe 202, but not 210.
    I don't think I could ever see that without making some changes that I am not comfortable with.

Truth is..... (for me) 200 lean at 5'9 is pretty big. As big as I am comfortable anyway. When my bf rises up to "normal" body fat ranges, I am almost uncomfortable. 220 feels too bulky to me. I am looking forward to leaning out again. Funny how much effort we put into making progress, but in the end, I don't want to be "one of those guys". The stereotypical muscle head looking guy. I like being "fit" looking, but don't want to he HOooUGE. Weird, I know. What always was the most important thing for me was the drive to improve strength.

All I know, is I have lost sight of any real 'end goal'. I am comfortable taking the least regimented approach to training that I have in years. I have not logged a meal or a workout in 2 years. Just "being" right now, and focusing on things outside the gym. (But that does not mean I skip workouts or don't train hard....it is just not getting a large amount of my focus except for my actual time spent training. )
    RAW lifts

InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) InternetTuffGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Giving the 'ole bodybuilding routine a whirl are you? Don't tell me you're doing iso movements now.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks for posting the Video, I know once I finally get myself sub 200# I'm going to have fears of eating for gains. I've been over 200 for more years then I care to count at this point. I'm sick of being lazy and making excuses for myself. So happy to have so many other over 35ers to help me in my journey. Everytime I see guys around my age or older re-comping for the better it's an inspiration.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I thought about this reply for a couple days. It's not even a fear of being fat, although that is part of it, but a fear of having to do things I did to get under 10-12% bodyfat (I got to 7- 8%). Logically it's not relevant now because I'm already up 12% I assume and getting back to 10-12% really isn't that hard. Although still not pleasant and I'm sure my method for cutting that last few pounds wasn't optimal. It's all in my head.

Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread speaks volumes to me. I am blessed that I never got really heavy (250) but still had a battle to get it off. I echo the sentiment of many here that the fear of being a fat guy probably hinders my growth.

But here is what I know is true. I never worked out in my 20s and the weight piled on at the end of them, after I got married. Now, like most of you, I'm in the gym like a job. I shouldn't be afraid to eat. I'll never look like a stage ready bodybuilder, but I will be able to take my shirt off at the beach.

In the end, we MUST eat like normal human beings. (Think home cooked meals, celebratory holiday meals, bbq) moderation is key. With what most of us know about nutrition and what our body needs, making the right decisions in the long term should be easy. And I don't know about you, but I remember what being truly overweight and out of shape felt like, and I am never going back.

Happy Holidays, eat a turkey leg or three.

And for gods sake someone drink some wine for me.
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And here goes ID trying to convince me to bulk up to 200+ lbs after I battled so long and hard to get strong and semi-lean. Sustaining a surplus is very difficult for me too, so I understand the struggle! You look awesome buddy!
    My vids: youtube.com/channel/UCXYsnKrrmhI9oPzfzkn8NsA
    Strong e-stat crew checking in