Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3735
    gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One week in, still cutting, hoping to get to 10-13% BF before any attempt to recomp or bulk. I thought I would just post my routine in case I overlooked something. 25-30 reps on all exercises unless otherwise noted:

D1
    Bench Press
    Dumbbell Arnold Press
    Dumbbell Incline Fly
    Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise

D2
    Chest-Supported Row
    Cable Pulldown
    Dumbbell Shrugs
    Preacher Curl (w/ EZ Curl Bar)
    Dumbbell Rear Delt Row
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise

D3
    Squat
    RDL (trying to learn this lift, never done it before, feels awkward, hoping time/practice will take care of that)
    Leg Extension
    Dumbbell Standing One Leg Calf Raises (50-75 total reps per leg)
    Leg Curls
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises

Abs: Crunches and Dumbbell Side Bends on most workout days, but no set schedule for these
    Seated Calf Raises most workout days in addition to the standing ones, but no set schedule for these (50-75 reps total)

Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alkeidj View Post
    This program does not include shoulder press?
    Also, I need planned progression. How do I include that?

Yesterday, I did D1 for the first time:
    Dumbbell Bench:5 sets of 10 reps of between 55 and 65 lbs
    Dumbbell Incline Bench: 5 sets of between 8-10 reps of between 45-55 lbs
    Flys: 5 sets of 10 reps of 17.5 lbs
    Tricep Rope Pushdown 5 sets of 10 reps of 42.5 lbs
    Kelei's opinion (and I agree) is that you you don't need any overhead shoulder pressing. They get trained enough from other pressing movements.

Also, it looks like you might want to re-read the OP again. This isn't a 5x10 set/rep scheme type of routine. If you're hitting 10 reps on subsequent sets, then you're either resting way too long or you're not using a true 10RM. Also, you should not be changing your working weight mid set, pick a weight that you can do 10 reps with on the 1st set, and then stick with that weight for the rest of your reps.

Originally Posted by gesler0811 View Post
    One week in, still cutting, hoping to get to 10-13% BF before any attempt to recomp or bulk. I thought I would just post my routine in case I overlooked something. 25-30 reps on all exercises unless otherwise noted:

D1
    Bench Press
    Dumbbell Arnold Press
    Dumbbell Incline Fly
    Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise

D2
    Chest-Supported Row
    Cable Pulldown
    Dumbbell Shrugs
    Preacher Curl (w/ EZ Curl Bar)
    Dumbbell Rear Delt Row
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise

D3
    Squat
    RDL (trying to learn this lift, never done it before, feels awkward, hoping time/practice will take care of that)
    Leg Extension
    Dumbbell Standing One Leg Calf Raises (50-75 total reps per leg)
    Leg Curls
    Dumbbell Lateral Raises

Abs: Crunches and Dumbbell Side Bends on most workout days, but no set schedule for these
    Seated Calf Raises most workout days in addition to the standing ones, but no set schedule for these (50-75 reps total)
    Looks good to me, and yeah RDL takes some practice to get down. Being patient and focusing on pushing through your hips is the big thing (at least for me). Sometimes I'd get impatient or I'd feel my grip slipping, and I'd end up bending my back to pull up quicker. I messed up once and paid for it haha.

milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Goin View Post
    This looks like a good routine
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by Effrum View Post
    Also, it looks like you might want to re-read the OP again. This isn't a 5x10 set/rep scheme type of routine. If you're hitting 10 reps on subsequent sets, then you're either resting way too long or you're not using a true 10RM. Also, you should not be changing your working weight mid set, pick a weight that you can do 10 reps with on the 1st set, and then stick with that weight for the rest of your reps.
    Thanks for pointing that out. In an attempt to shave time off my workouts I'd been just doing as many reps as possible on subsequent sets. And in a further attempt I recently started changing my weights so that I could do more reps per set. It's just that 3-5 reps per set takes so long for me to get 30-40 reps total.

I think this post may have helped me figure out why it still takes me 90-105 min per workout - I haven't been choosing a weight that I can lift 10 (or 15) times for my first set...I think. I mean, when I can do 13 or 16 reps on my first set, then I increase the weight. But from that point on I'm starting with a weight that I can only do half of that amount on my first set. For instance on my last incline barbell press it went like this: 7, 5, 3, 3, 2, 4, 3 (only 27 but my shoulder started hurting). Maybe I'll drop the weight five pounds because I know I can do 13 of a 10 pound lighter weight. I realize now I probably should have changed the weight after I failed to get ten on my first set, and then tried to do ten again but with a lower weight.

Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by milkbar View Post
    Thanks!

Thanks for pointing that out. In an attempt to shave time off my workouts I'd been just doing as many reps as possible on subsequent sets. And in a further attempt I recently started changing my weights so that I could do more reps per set. It's just that 3-5 reps per set takes so long for me to get 30-40 reps total.

I think this post may have helped me figure out why it still takes me 90-105 min per workout - I haven't been choosing a weight that I can lift 10 (or 15) times for my first set...I think. I mean, when I can do 13 or 16 reps on my first set, then I increase the weight. But from that point on I'm starting with a weight that I can only do half of that amount on my first set. For instance on my last incline barbell press it went like this: 7, 5, 3, 3, 2, 4, 3 (only 27 but my shoulder started hurting). Maybe I'll drop the weight five pounds because I know I can do 13 of a 10 pound lighter weight. I realize now I probably should have changed the weight after I failed to get ten on my first set, and then tried to do ten again but with a lower weight.
    When you up your weight, it should usually be a small amount (5lbs, maybe more). The idea is that when you hit 12+ reps on your first set, you up the weight and it takes you back to hitting 10 reps on your first set. When I do compounds I usually go up 10lbs total (5lbs on each side of the BB). On isolations I go up the smallest amount possible (usually 5 lbs).

jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by alkeidj View Post
    This program does not include shoulder press?
    Also, I need planned progression. How do I include that?

Yesterday, I did D1 for the first time:
    Dumbbell Bench:5 sets of 10 reps of between 55 and 65 lbs
    Dumbbell Incline Bench: 5 sets of between 8-10 reps of between 45-55 lbs
    Flys: 5 sets of 10 reps of 17.5 lbs
    Tricep Rope Pushdown 5 sets of 10 reps of 42.5 lbs
    Front delts get hit very hard between flat bench & incline; lateral delts are worked directly every day. There isn't any reason to include an overhead press, besides that you like OHP. Still, if you want to sacrifice a chest building movement for it, no one is going to stop you.

The routine doesn't have planned progression. Learn how to push yourself as far as you can, instead of having a "number to hit" and move the weight when the number you CAN hit is above 12 on compounds or 15 on isolations.

While straight sets are acknowledged in the OP as being OK, this thread and routine's big draw is about the rest-pause nature of the routine most people are following. I would recommend you give that a try if you're an advanced enough lifter. Also you'll want to switch those movements to be a fixed weight across all sets whether you go rest-pause or not, and you'll want to make the DB Bench/incline BB if you possibly can. It takes too much effort to get the DBs in place for the many "sets" that make up rest-pause training, and you end up wasting a lot of energy that could be used actually working the muscle you're trying to work.

Side note: I've dropped off the face of the thread for a couple months, but I'm back on a 12-week run of this routine to put on some winter/holiday weight (I'm expecting to gain 12 pounds) before I head back to powerlifting at the end of january. I've been running texas method, for the last few months, and I'm DAMN excited to see what this routine does, now that my front squat is about 60 lbs ahead of what it was last time I was running this (and my other numbers are up comparable amounts)

Thanks!

I know I've read here before that you should just increase by whatever the lowest amount possible is; if that takes you below 8 reps on your first set it's OK, it's better to do that and progress than it is to be going over 12 reps regularly - unless of course you have a problem like limited amount of time to be at the gym.
    Last edited by jmmainvi; 11-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Metameme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OK I might come off dumb, but can someone break down how to do this program for me? I dont really understand the first post well, and will this program work for someone who isnt that strong?
    *Super Smash Bros. Melee player*
    *BSN fanboi*

Bench: 190 lb
    Squat: 205 lb

Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okey to do some cardio during the deload or complete rest?

milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) milkbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Effrum View Post
    When you up your weight, it should usually be a small amount (5lbs, maybe more). The idea is that when you hit 12+ reps on your first set, you up the weight and it takes you back to hitting 10 reps on your first set. When I do compounds I usually go up 10lbs total (5lbs on each side of the BB). On isolations I go up the smallest amount possible (usually 5 lbs).
    Thanks again Effrum.

Originally Posted by jmmainvi View Post
    Front delts get hit very hard between flat bench & incline; lateral delts are worked directly every day. There isn't any reason to include an overhead press, besides that you like OHP. Still, if you want to sacrifice a chest building movement for it, no one is going to stop you.

The routine doesn't have planned progression. Learn how to push yourself as far as you can, instead of having a "number to hit" and move the weight when the number you CAN hit is above 12 on compounds or 15 on isolations.

While straight sets are acknowledged in the OP as being OK, this thread and routine's big draw is about the rest-pause nature of the routine most people are following. I would recommend you give that a try if you're an advanced enough lifter. Also you'll want to switch those movements to be a fixed weight across all sets whether you go rest-pause or not, and you'll want to make the DB Bench/incline BB if you possibly can. It takes too much effort to get the DBs in place for the many "sets" that make up rest-pause training, and you end up wasting a lot of energy that could be used actually working the muscle you're trying to work.

Side note: I've dropped off the face of the thread for a couple months, but I'm back on a 12-week run of this routine to put on some winter/holiday weight (I'm expecting to gain 12 pounds) before I head back to powerlifting at the end of january. I've been running texas method, for the last few months, and I'm DAMN excited to see what this routine does, now that my front squat is about 60 lbs ahead of what it was last time I was running this (and my other numbers are up comparable amounts)

I know I've read here before that you should just increase by whatever the lowest amount possible is; if that takes you below 8 reps on your first set it's OK, it's better to do that and progress than it is to be going over 12 reps regularly - unless of course you have a problem like limited amount of time to be at the gym.
    Thank you, this is also helpful. If you aren't able to 10 reps on your first set, would it be better to stick with that weight till you get 30 reps or go back to a lower weight that you know you can get 12 reps on?

Originally Posted by Metameme View Post
    OK I might come off dumb, but can someone break down how to do this program for me? I dont really understand the first post well, and will this program work for someone who isnt that strong?
    You can start this routine no matter how "strong" you are currently. All that matters is that you stick with it and keep consistent. What exactly aren't you understanding?

Originally Posted by Morti View Post
    Yeah, it's fine. I do it haha. I gotta keep my TDEE up so I don't get too fat .

Thanks again Effrum.

Thank you, this is also helpful. If you aren't able to 10 reps on your first set, would it be better to stick with that weight till you get 30 reps or go back to a lower weight that you know you can get 12 reps on?
    That's personal preference IMO. You could try to add another rep or 2 at the lower weight before trying to go up again, but the only way to get better at lifting 100 lbs is to lift 100 lbs. Even though it's the same exercise, when you increase weight it's technically a slightly different motor pattern that your body needs to learn when.
    Last edited by Effrum; 11-10-2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: clarification

JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10) JoseAlonso is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    Yeah same here

I don't want to be any heavier than 190lbs.

Would be pretty cool to see that comparison point
    How many sets and reps do you perform with the Ab roller?

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JoseAlonso View Post
    How many sets and reps do you perform with the Ab roller?
    hard to say lol i really just go by feel
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kelei what do you recommend for someone who had pretty much stagnated on most lifts? My nutrition, sleep, supplements is on place but i guess that i am pretty much close to my natural max right now. At least on my body weight. Im 183cm 98kg at ~15% bodyfat. I know you recommend increases the volume but i don't have time to train more than i already do. What is your best suggestion?

lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im planning on starting this routine.
    i have a few qs
    i hope you can answer them

1) say im doing bench press for 50 reps..it doesnt have to be 5x10..but i should be doing all 50 with the same weight ??
    2)is there a limit for the tricep/bicep exercises in a day ? i mean after hitting chest and side delt..can i do something like 2-3 variations for triceps ? or biceps after back?
    "No such thing as spare time,No such thing as free time,No such thing as down time,All you got is life time" ~ Henry Rollins

★ Manchester United Crew ★

Current Goal

*Adding Mass and Lean Muscle
    *Attain the physique
    *Get into a masters program

Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Morti View Post
    It's ok to do cardio
    Follow me on Instigram - https://instagram.com/johng36114/

For informative and entertaining fitness clips on: Workouts, Tutorials, Homemade Shakes, Nutrition, etc., subscribe to my Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/Jgo36114

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lordtomriddle View Post
    im planning on starting this routine.
    i have a few qs
    i hope you can answer them

1) say im doing bench press for 50 reps..it doesnt have to be 5x10..but i should be doing all 50 with the same weight ??
    2)is there a limit for the tricep/bicep exercises in a day ? i mean after hitting chest and side delt..can i do something like 2-3 variations for triceps ? or biceps after back?
    1. yes
    2. i wouldnt do any more than 2 dedicated bi/tri exercises, one may even be good enough. they should get hit well enough with the other compounds such as bench and rows. side delts may be best at the end of a workout and can be done every workout if you so wish, but its no biggie.

what routine are you looking at? upper/lower? push/pull/legs?
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lordtomriddle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by davo26 View Post
    1. yes
    2. i wouldnt do any more than 2 dedicated bi/tri exercises, one may even be good enough. they should get hit well enough with the other compounds such as bench and rows. side delts may be best at the end of a workout and can be done every workout if you so wish, but its no biggie.

what routine are you looking at? upper/lower? push/pull/legs?
    push pull legs as suggested in first post.. ill be keeping the compounds constant and change the isolations..
    "No such thing as spare time,No such thing as free time,No such thing as down time,All you got is life time" ~ Henry Rollins

★ Manchester United Crew ★

Current Goal

*Adding Mass and Lean Muscle
    *Attain the physique
    *Get into a masters program

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dojsygo View Post
    Kelei what do you recommend for someone who had pretty much stagnated on most lifts? My nutrition, sleep, supplements is on place but i guess that i am pretty much close to my natural max right now. At least on my body weight. Im 183cm 98kg at ~15% bodyfat. I know you recommend increases the volume but i don't have time to train more than i already do. What is your best suggestion?
    Reduce exercise selection and increase volume for the remaining exercises.

jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jmmainvi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    The idea being increased specificity lends itself to increased progress on that particular lift?

How would you then rotate your exercise selection? Change them every deload? Change them when they begin to stall anyway? I would be somewhat worried about overuse injury if you just keep doing the exact same lift week in and week out.

CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jmmainvi View Post
    The idea being increased specificity lends itself to increased progress on that particular lift?

How would you then rotate your exercise selection? Change them every deload? Change them when they begin to stall anyway? I would be somewhat worried about overuse injury if you just keep doing the exact same lift week in and week out.
    Precisely, although changing your exercise selections every deload would defeat the purpose of minimizing exercise variety in the first place. If you start to experience signs and symptoms of an overuse injury, then immediately identify sufficient alternatives, but don't allow the fear for developing such an injury hold you back from giving this a shot.

MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrRuder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has there been a 3 day full body routine laid out? Sorry if there has but I didn't see it.

I only have time to lift 3 days a week. I was considering an A/B type workout. Any input on this one I threw together? All reps are for 30.

Incline DB
    Leg Press
    Flat DB Flyes
    Lateral Raises
    Skulls/dips
    Leg Extensions
    Calves

Chins
    Trap DL
    Cable seated row
    Barbell curls
    Reverse flyes
    Seated Leg Curls
    Lateral Raises
    Abs

dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dojsygo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    As a minimal routine? which exercises would you choose for that kind of routine?
    Like this?

Legs:
    Squat
    RDL
    Leg ext
    Leg curl
    Calf raise

Push:
    Bench-press
    Rope pushdowns
    Lateral raise

PULL:
    Seated Row
    Preacher curl

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As a minimal routine? which exercises would you choose for that kind of routine?
    Like this?

Legs:
    Squat
    RDL
    Leg ext
    Leg curl
    Calf raise

Push:
    Bench-press
    Rope pushdowns
    Lateral raise

PULL:
    Seated Row
    Preacher curl
    thats pretty much what kelei advised me to do, i love it right now. his choices for me were.....

PUSH
    bench to upper pecs (i do 100 reps in 40 mins)
    rope pushdowns (i do 80 reps in 20 mins)
    (ive added lat raise for 10 mins at end, 50 reps)

PULL
    chins (i do 100 reps in 30 mins)
    supported row (90 reps in 20 mins)
    (ive added wide grip upright row and barbell curls for 10 mins each for lacking areas)

LEGS
    FS (now changed to high bar back squat)
    RDL
    leg ext
    ham curl
    calf raises

advice was to spend twice as long on first exercise as the second. ive tuned it so each workout is pretty much 1 hr 10 mins

Originally Posted by davo26 View Post
    thats pretty much what kelei advised me to do, i love it right now. his choices for me were.....

PUSH
    bench to upper pecs (i do 100 reps in 40 mins)
    rope pushdowns (i do 80 reps in 20 mins)
    (ive added lat raise for 10 mins at end, 50 reps)

PULL
    chins (i do 100 reps in 30 mins)
    supported row (90 reps in 20 mins)
    (ive added wide grip upright row and barbell curls for 10 mins each for lacking areas)

LEGS
    FS (now changed to high bar back squat)
    RDL
    leg ext
    ham curl
    calf raises

advice was to spend twice as long on first exercise as the second. ive tuned it so each workout is pretty much 1 hr 10 mins
    Thanks mate, i would also add some biceps exercise even if chin-ups beat your biceps pretty well. That Leg workout with 100 reps would be a killer lol

Thanks mate, i would also add some biceps exercise even if chin-ups beat your biceps pretty well. That Leg workout with 100 reps would be a killer lol
    too right it would!! i only do 40 reps squat, leg ext, ham curls, 50 for RDL and 100 for calves.

nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50) nerynery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kelei, an important question to you:

How important is a wide-grip flared elbows row?

Is there any worthy difference between a row like this vs a elbows tucked row/ pull ups (mainly Lat moves, but do they "lose" any back part to the other kind of row?)?

Thanks

gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gesler0811 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Today is my last workout before my first deload on this program. So that's three weeks and I am loving this. I feel great, I feel I've made incredible progress just in three short weeks, and best of all, out of nowhere, I noticed I have back muscles visible through my skin now! I've literally never experienced that before. All this on a cut. In addition, despite four cycles on Allpro where I was stuck at 135 pounds on bench the whole time, I've managed to increment to 145 pounds last week. Other lifts have gone up as well, but that's the one I am most in love with. Looking forward to the week off (maybe some light cardio and one round of 'first-set only' exercises to keep me in the groove), and then back it in two weeks.

Thanks Kelei!

adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright everybody....IM BACK.... on another deployment and ready to shred with my old crew, who is still here from 2012??
    Active Duty United States Marine
    OEF - 2012-2013

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

"If you're adding weight to the bar, you are making progress"

-Team Kelei for life-

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by adamxbomb View Post
    Alright everybody....IM BACK.... on another deployment and ready to shred with my old crew, who is still here from 2012??

shiet.. how you been fam?
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    shiet.. how you been fam?
    Good man, very small...but good. I have you on IG btw haha, i've been keeping tabs on you!...so whats the deal with this new program?
    Active Duty United States Marine
    OEF - 2012-2013

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

"If you're adding weight to the bar, you are making progress"

-Team Kelei for life-

Originally Posted by adamxbomb View Post
    Good man, very small...but good. I have you on IG btw haha, i've been keeping tabs on you!...so whats the deal with this new program?
    Haha what's your IG man?!

The program in the OP is basically a culmination of all the past threads

Page 103 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast