Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey Gigi,

So I bought a Cookies and Cream Quest bar today, was on sale for like 95c. Was prob the best one yet, was really good with big biscut chunks, but it left me feeling strange. I swear they are the culprit, not buying em again for awhile.
    - If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

My log - The Hungry Cyclist - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168824473&page=1

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kureransu View Post
    Hi Gigi,

Glad to see you're still moving forward. you asked me a question in my thread and i missed it. I weigh my food after cooking. I don't know if it's right but it worked out well for me so i'm not complaining lol.
    Thank you for the tip, I actually tried it twice that way. Definitely saves some time

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Pretty much all this.
    Originally Posted by addictR3 View Post
    I think the binges are more just a coping mech to whatever underlying issue is at hand, we all have something that bugs us, and how we cope with that crap be it with food, drugs, gambling et.. etc.. we all go through the same process on how we respond, we just have different avenue to find that comfort. I'd suggest maybe not looking up to recover from binges, but more to how to control or mellow out that underlying issue.

What is it that you feel before the binge? long days at work, long study, tired, workout not going to plan, etc etc

My PM is always open and we talk quite a lot over it, but maybe we can start to offload some of the crap life throws at us, it may help. Hey when I am in the states you can use me a punching bag LOL

Keep going though!!
    Thanks Matt, appreciate the support. Sometimes I think I can relate to you a lot too, helps to not feel alone

I'm definitely focusing on the underlying issues right now, which I think is what has helped me finally break the cycle. It's only been 3 days but I know I can do it.

Originally Posted by DaveRVD View Post
    That chicken looks amazing~ (and I rarely get excited about chicken)

Good to see that you're still fighting the good fight!

You got this!
    Thanks Dave the chicken was delicious, although I'll admit I hate cooking it because the little fat pockets that form when it's cooking terrify me. I'm not scared of fat at all, but it just doesn't look appealing. So now I have to season it to eat it

I started a thread a while back, last time I meal prepped 3-4 days worth of chicken and it had mold on it. Scarred me for life lol

Originally Posted by Cjdx View Post
    In for support
    Thanks Cody

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    whaat?
    how dare you?!
    Exactly! Hahaha. Chicken and shrimp!!

Originally Posted by gottarace83 View Post
    Friday Check in Gigi!!!!!
    We can do this!!!!!!
    Thanks for always supporting and encouraging me Todd

Originally Posted by addictR3 View Post
    Hey Gigi,

So I bought a Cookies and Cream Quest bar today, was on sale for like 95c. Was prob the best one yet, was really good with big biscut chunks, but it left me feeling strange. I swear they are the culprit, not buying em again for awhile.
    Hi Matt,
    I think they also changed the fiber formula. I didn't even notice they did it in the other flavors, only noticed it in smores. I had mint chip today, I'm wondering whether the older flavors will also be made with the corn fiber now.

From all these days of having protein bars I think I've also realized the carbs affect us all differently. I know I'm more carb sensitive (probably in the middle between high and low sensitivity). But just my thoughts there are a lot of non-fiber type bars too, even vegan ones sweetened with honey/ raw sugars etc.

Everyone is talking about the new pumpkin flavor here lol
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pumpkin everything!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Pumpkin everything!
    This reminded me of the 'pumpkin all the things' meme haha

Wed thru Sat morning were consistently good non-binge days until last night AND this morning. 4,000 cals in the time span of 30 min...maybe even quicker...I don't even have any tastebuds or sense of smell right now, it was stupid.

I was so proud of almost making it 4 days, had focused on high volume nutrient dense foods, more carbs and fats, a lot of peaches, beets, pomegranate, coconut oil, walnuts, peanuts etc.

Everyone else who got sick around the time I did is already recovered but I haven't yet, maybe my immune system. Nothing new, I've always been this way. I still went to the gym to keep up the routine. Not as intense but I felt better going there than just sitting at home. When I don't workout, it's harder to focus on studying.

I tried the 4 day split (chest/back/should tris/ legs biceps) to focus on the main lifts but it didn't go too well, I'm feeling really 'burnt out', not because of this routine but just in general. Maybe I'm not going hard enough but I really wanted to love it because I like the 'idea' of it. I'm used to (chest tris should/ legs/ biceps back ) or (chest tris/ legs shoulders/ back biceps). The first 4 day split is great because it has a day just for shoulders, I don't think I need a back and chest day only though but back day works a bit of legs with deadlift? And the chest day has some shoulder involvement. Maybe I should give it another try again when not sick with proper intensity.

Just looking at the shortcut to shred workouts makes me feel sore, I don't know how I did it last time. Could give it a try again although I've asked a trainer about (not my trainer but a friend) and he said it was all 'bs'. He said the above 12 rep days were useless and it is too high volume. Idk, he could also be biased he's a trainer and has his own workouts. Not sure what to believe.

Last edited by Gigi999; 09-27-2015 at 09:17 AM.

CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't mean to sound like a prick Gigi, but you've tried multiple things and none of them work.
    You need to solve the root cause of your binging - and for that i suggest you go see a psychologist.
    Also, it's really not helping that you were cutting calories too much in your last log (900cals per day, wtf).
    You can't beat it on your own apparently, so go seek help. There's no shame in that. Best of luck!

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As far as your lifting routine, more is not necessarily better. You you should give allpros a shot. Its a full body three day a week schedule. Full body routine seem to be out of fashion on this section but it really is the best routine for a beginner. Allpros is also great on a deficit.

As far as the binge I have to agree with CakeIsYummy. You need help. 4000 calories in a hour is crazy. There is a great underlying issue that is driving this behavior and you need to figure out what that is.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Training more than 12+ reps is fine.. Going past failure is fine.. Growth/progress is done by overloading the muscles

As far as the binge, if you're hungry, eat until you are full.. If you keep feeling "not full" it could be a medical issue like a thyroid issue, which regulates hunger & metabolism

It could be from medication you are taking.. Etc

The only time I find myself binging is if I have been in contest prep for a few months+

Figure out the underlying issue & tackle it from the root

On the other side of it, you could try competitive eating.. I'm sure lotsa ppl would enjoy watching you scarf down hot dogs ^_^

Don't beat yourself upppp

Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Solomonlike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In.

Some good looking food ITT.
    "Don't be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else."

“Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can’t make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back.”

Ecclesiastes 9:11 - True wisdom

Originally Posted by CakeIsYummy View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a prick Gigi, but you've tried multiple things and none of them work.
    You need to solve the root cause of your binging - and for that i suggest you go see a psychologist.
    Also, it's really not helping that you were cutting calories too much in your last log (900cals per day, wtf).
    You can't beat it on your own apparently, so go seek help. There's no shame in that. Best of luck!
    I've seeked help more than once, mostly of which all ended up in referrals to go see someone else...who then refer to me another person. And therapy? I'm basically paying for a 'friend ' to talk to me who just nods and agrees with everything.

As far as your lifting routine, more is not necessarily better. You you should give allpros a shot. Its a full body three day a week schedule. Full body routine seem to be out of fashion on this section but it really is the best routine for a beginner. Allpros is also great on a deficit.

As far as the binge I have to agree with CakeIsYummy. You need help. 4000 calories in a hour is crazy. There is a great underlying issue that is driving this behavior and you need to figure out what that is.
    I'll give a full body a try, thank you. I was looking at this last night, maybe it is the way to go.

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Training more than 12+ reps is fine.. Going past failure is fine.. Growth/progress is done by overloading the muscles

As far as the binge, if you're hungry, eat until you are full.. If you keep feeling "not full" it could be a medical issue like a thyroid issue, which regulates hunger & metabolism

It could be from medication you are taking.. Etc

The only time I find myself binging is if I have been in contest prep for a few months+

Figure out the underlying issue & tackle it from the root

On the other side of it, you could try competitive eating.. I'm sure lotsa ppl would enjoy watching you scarf down hot dogs ^_^

Don't beat yourself upppp
    Thank you, I haven't had my thyroid checked recently but last time a couple months ago it was fine. I'd competitive eat but pretty sure it would lead to extreme weight gain lol

Originally Posted by Solomonlike View Post
    In.

Some good looking food ITT.
    Thanks, not sure about the future of this thread though

*thanks for all the help and support throughout this log and my other (failed) logs...appreciate it a lot and have learned from all of you guys most of which I couldn't seem to apply (such as upping my cals) I'm done logging right now, feel burnt out, stressed out, and maybe it's not what's best for me at the moment. My goal was to lose fat and quit bingeing, maybe I'll be back but not for a while.

Good bye everyone <3

CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CakeIsYummy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Gigi999 View Post
    I've seeked help more than once, mostly of which all ended up in referrals to go see someone else...who then refer to me another person. And therapy? I'm basically paying for a 'friend ' to talk to me who just nods and agrees with everything.
    Then you need to find a competent therapist.
    From what you're telling us, you cope with stressful events or emotions by eating. This needs to change if you ever wanna reach your goals and overall just maintain healthy habits.

Sad to see you quit this, but do what's right for you at this time. As always, when you come back, you'll still have our support.

P.s. sorry if i sounded harsh, I'm really just trying to help, so hopefully you understand.

Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gigi, so a couple of days ago i hit up krogers and found a QUEST, double chocolate chunk and Fudge brownie bars....

Two words: LENGENNNNNN DARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The brownie tasted exactly like a brownie, no aftertaste. Almost stuck the whole damn bar in my mouth on the second bite (You would too on a keto diet) lol.. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT at first. The double choco chunk was OUT OF BOUNDS!!!!!

These are definitely going to be living in my pantry from now on. THEY ARE A MUST HAVE!!!!
    I get sweet tooth sometimes and these here are a life save, especially when your doing good on a diet and sweet tooth kicks and starts mind boning ya. If you want to kick it up a notch try taking a bite of the bar and then immediately throw a few almonds in your mouth, OHHH MAN!!!! *Drools*

Just wanted to share that with you because i told you that if i tried any i like that i would give you the blessings, haha. Also the peanut butter was pretty good too but the other two were at a different level.

Hope you have a good one. On another note, i know you will defeat your situation, You are in a psychological warfare but YOU GOT THIS!!!!
    There is got to be something triggering it and once you nip it at the root your gonna be fine.

Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, Get your arse back in here and post... LOL

You are missed. We have to get through the holidays together. Come on lets go!

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rboy711 View Post
    Hey, Get your arse back in here and post... LOL

You are missed. We have to get through the holidays together. Come on lets go!
    Miss her as well. I am sure she is working hard on her problem. Dieting and bad binge behavior is is not a good combo. Better that she does not post here right now.

I do hope she is doing well.

Miss her as well. I am sure she is working hard on her problem. Dieting and bad binge behavior is is not a good combo. Better that she does not post here right now.

I do hope she is doing well.
    I feel binge eating occurs more frequently when you are restricting yourself & dieting, especially for long periods of time. I feel that if you understand that you always have an abundance of food available for you to eat, then binge eating goes away. It's the issue of scarcity, which is a simple basic economics topic.

Hi guys thanks for checking on me, I miss you guys too!

I've been stuck in that same 3-4 day cycle, everytime I think it's not going to be that way...but it still ends up the same.

I'll agree dieting isn't a good idea, my main goal is to stop the bingeing because I would naturally lose weight anyway if I didn't binge and still kept up my workouts.

Once I break the cycle I'll be back but right now I don't think it's a good idea because it would likely be the same thing over and over again. In my head I think 'just STOP' but sadly it doesn't work out that way.

Eating more different types of foods because I seem to have a problem avoiding things I think I shouldn't be eating...even while doing 'iifym'

Eta: I do have professional help, see someone once a week...honestly not helping though. It's the way I think I'm trying to change...the other part of it is the physical aspect (habits, being used to it for quite some time).

Originally Posted by Gigi999 View Post
    Hi guys thanks for checking on me, I miss you guys too!

I've been stuck in that same 3-4 day cycle, everytime I think it's not going to be that way...but it still ends up the same.

I'll agree dieting isn't a good idea, my main goal is to stop the bingeing because I would naturally lose weight anyway if I didn't binge and still kept up my workouts.

Once I break the cycle I'll be back but right now I don't think it's a good idea because it would likely be the same thing over and over again. In my head I think 'just STOP' but sadly it doesn't work out that way.

Eating more different types of foods because I seem to have a problem avoiding things I think I shouldn't be eating...even while doing 'iifym'

A wild Gigi appears

Good to know you are working it out, and you will because you are a smart, powerful woman.

A wild Gigi appears

Good to know you are working it out, and you will because you are a smart, powerful woman.
    Thanks Phoenix <3

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey

How are you doing?
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/