Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    how do you know the second without trying the first? The main point i you can properly secure the bar either way.
    There are a lot of things I know from empirical proof without having to try myself. Seriously, what kind of question is that?
    ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
    ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    ..Sometimes there is a peace that can only be found on the far side of war.
    ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by raytayse View Post
    There are a lot of things I know from empirical proof without having to try myself. Seriously, what kind of question is that?
    it means you have never tried to hold on to a bar with your thumb on the same side as your fingers and you assume you cant hold on to it securely. That's a wrong assumption. And between you and me, Ive actually tried it with both grips. Again, you arent going by empirical proof, you are going by faith.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it means you have never tried to hold on to a bar with your thumb on the same side as your fingers and you assume you cant hold on to it securely. That's a wrong assumption. And between you and me, Ive actually tried it with both grips. Again, you arent going by empirical proof, you are going by faith.

I've done both, and I find the thumbless grip to be less safe compared to a conventional grip.

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've stopped using suicide grip on free weights - still use it on machines though.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pretty good "false grip" pros and cons video by Dave Tate. Based on my experience, it seems most of the big benchers use a false grip.

400# Bulgarian bicep curl

raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) raytayse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    First, I said a full grip is MORE secure. I do not see how you can even argue that point to be honest.

Originally Posted by raytayse View Post
    First, I have not tried it; Second, it is not as secure as having the thumb on the opposite side.
    Second, I never said you could not hold onto the bar "securely." Your securely and my securely can be and obviously are different.

Third, There are many things in this world I KNOW are true without doing the experiment myself. I KNOW a plasma arc will burn straight through my arm, I do not have to test it my self to know this. Holy ****, do you people just come here to argue?
    ╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
    ..Sometimes there is a peace that can only be found on the far side of war.
    ╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    I've done both, and I find the thumbless grip to be less safe compared to a conventional grip.
    I hope everyone agrees there is no debate to that one.

Rather, I think what proponents are saying ISN'T that its just as safe to go thumbless but that they know how to minimize the risk to a level they are willing to take as a tradeoff between safety and 'feel'.

I read the Christian Thibaudeau article the other day and decided to try the false grip for the first time ever on bench the other day. It was instantly and without a doubt a noticeable improvement for me in external rotation and thus felt a lot more comfortable.

Now, I'm using very light weight (135) and my sole purpose at this point is to fix my movement patterns in order to hopefully solve the joint pain and begin increasing weight again. My external rotation SUCKS on pull and push. I found a false grip on pullups gives me the same relief as it does on bench.

To those that don't believe the external rotation -- next time your on a Bench, grab the bar how you normally would and externally rotate, gripping as hard as you can. Then do the same with thumbless. At least in my case there is a good amount more rotation thumbless. Might be due to my deficiencies or physical makeup or something else I don't know. I just know I rotate more thumbless

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    21 years of suicide grip on all barbell presses.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not here to debate thumb/thumbless but I've always benched thumbless and the reason i do is exactly stated in that article. i turn my hands outward so the bar sits almost diagonal across my hands. this allows for a very natural tuck and more power. it also has protected my shoulders from many years of heavy pressing. I've pressed over 550 touch and go raw and into the mid 600's with a titan ram. at no time did it feel unsafe. the key is getting used to it. in my exerpience, I've seen more benches dumped with a thumb over grip. when I've seen bars dumped in benching the wrists are weak and they roll suddenly.

here's my super dangerous 535x1 paused suicide grip bench and a 585 paused with the titan.

Last edited by rawelite; 02-18-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Stupid should be painful.

Best lifts-

Raw squat-705
    Raw bench-525
    Raw deadlift-710

BW-235

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Suicide grip makes sense for power lifters. Full grip makes more sense for bodybuilders, IMO.

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rawelite View Post
    I'm not here to debate thumb/thumbless but I've always benched thumbless and the reason i do is exactly stated in that article. i turn my hands outward so the bar sits almost diagonal across my hands. this allows for a very natural tuck and more power. it also has protected my shoulders from many years of heavy pressing. I've pressed over 550 touch and go raw and into the mid 600's with a titan ram. at no time did it feel unsafe. the key is getting used to it. in my exerpience, I've seen more benches dumped with a thumb over grip. when I've seen bars dumped in benching the wrists are weak and they roll suddenly.

here's my super dangerous 535x1 paused suicide grip bench and a 585 paused with the titan.

[youtuve]FhqkFitiCWc[/youtube]
    It is "possible" that your experience level is not quite comparable to the average joe in the gym.

The skinny teenager struggling to get 110 off the rack might be wise to use a conventional grip.

rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    It is "possible" that your experience level is not quite comparable to the average joe in the gym.

The skinny teenager struggling to get 110 off the rack might be wise to use a conventional grip.
    i didn't become experienced and then switched. I've used it all along. the thumbless grip is like anything... you have to learn to use it. like i said before, in all my years of lifting I've seen many more thumb over grip dumps. in all cases it isn't the grip, it's either a balance issue or limp wrists. of course there are freak accidents that can happen but that can happen at anytime. i once saw a guy doing leg press and some crazy crap happened and the platform came down and cut ALL his fingers off.
    Stupid should be painful.

Best lifts-

Raw squat-705
    Raw bench-525
    Raw deadlift-710

BW-235

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    and like I said, you can get a tight squeeze with a "thumbless" grip (which actually just means your thumb is onthe same side as your fingers, not that you dont use it). Have you tried it or are you just going on faith that you cant have a good grip without wrapping your thumb?
    You must have the grips of steel because if you're gripping a arm, a kimura for example, the opponent only has to move his arm where your thumb should have been. That's why you use a thumb grip to gain control then switch to thumbless to apply the finish.

rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rcclaffe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    scary, guess that's why i decided to stop using a suicide grip
    (while reading this thread)
    bench 175 x5
    squat 165 x5 (ATG)
    deadlift 180 x5

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where he could have done better. The credit belongs to the man in the arena, marred by sweat and blood; who at the best knows triumph, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat -T.R. paraphrased

USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000) USMarine03vet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Pretty good "false grip" pros and cons video by Dave Tate. Based on my experience, it seems most of the big benchers use a false grip.

Great video and post!!! I use false grip..
    Advocare Product user!

Sun Light Power - KY State Bench Record -RAW 198/305
    -Law Enforcement/ Public Safety Fitness
    -US Marine Corps Combat Veteran 98-04
    "I am Marine Corps Infantry"
    Follow me on Instagram: DONTBENCHMEBRO

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by poundXpound View Post
    I don't wait a half hour after eating to go swimming.....
    That is seriously hard core lol

I actually only use the open grip when doing close grip press for my tris because it relieves pressure from my wrists

Grip it and rip it... hardNheavy2011's Avatar
    hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardNheavy2011 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've used the suicide grip for over 20 years now without so much as a close call. However, I have some nerve issues in my right hand from a childhood injury that makes it impossible for me to use a conventional grip. I've switched back to a conventional grip many times over the years and what ends up happening is that because of my injury, my hand will immediately go weak and numb and I think you can figure out how quickly the bar will drop out of my hand. My accident had to do with a table saw. lol I should have put that f'n guard down.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #12 -!!!---!!!- Hardnheavy2011

Best competition lifts: RAW with wraps
    Squat- 623@202 611@198
    Bench- 374@203 429@222
    Deadlift- 601@203 639@228 660@220 (gym)
    Total- 1603@222 1554@202

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146556533

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The thumbless grip does allow for a little rotation of the hand which is way easier on my bone spurred elbows. I however bench in a power cage since I workout in my basement so the bar falls I'm reasonably safe.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We have thumb for a reason.....It's called opposing digit for a reason. Why you would want to not use it I could never understand. The weight room is a dangerous place to begin with so use every thing you can to make it a safe as possible. Have you tried to open a door without your thumb? not very particle so why would you not want to secure the bar the best way you can and save yourself from an accident

immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000) immune18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I use thumbless grip due to a problem in my hand. Some kind of tendon that sticks right out near my thumb and is absolute agony to bench with. However, I also use the smith machine for all my presses, and use the safety guards. I can't imagine how anybody would risk themselves not using the safety guards. Fair enough some people have done it for 20 years with no problem, but it only takes 1 time to seriously injure or kill yourself.
    Remember the guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by immune18 View Post
    Fair enough some people have done it for 20 years with no problem, but it only takes 1 time to seriously injure or kill yourself.
    I bet you think that people need a belt to squat and DL too.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000) JungleBoots is just really nice. (+1000)
    unless you're doing it in a cage, I can't see why youd do it. I don't see the appeal.
    Yes, I am an extremist. Thanks for noticing. - Ted Nugent

T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've Been using a Thumbless grip myself since I was in my early 20s, and I Never had a problem either..
    This is also the only way I have flat benched ever since..
    I wouldnt advise people to Start using it later in life unless they have a couple spotters..
    This grip may not be for everyone, But with my particular Build/Bone structure, Using a Very Wide Grip, I am able to Throw my Lats more into the lift and it seems to create a more controlled, smoother movement,, Almost rolling the weight (So to Speak) rather than Flat out trying to Pushing it!
    I also feel this Grip with many different excercises, along with Pullovers (again, probably while in my early 20s) Helped turn My ribcage from extremely Shallow to a much thicker deeper one, That has remained for over 20Yrs!

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its not for me.. Cant justify it to MYSELF. My thumbs around grip is kinda diagonal in my palm anyway, with my elbows flared by default untill I actively tuck them. Bulldog grip I heard it called?

But I do standing press (or any pressing machine) with a false grip because if it goes, it doesn't come down on my chest/neck. That I can just justify for the risk reward gamble.

For other people? Do what you gotta do! ill spot or unstaple anyone. Regardless of grip.

txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) txdave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Years ago I was too near an idiot trying to go heavy on incline DB presses with a thumb less grip. He had a spotter supporting his elbows as he badly pressed two heavy DBs. Suddenly the DB in his right hand slipped, gravity took over on the nice lever on the left side, and the lifter plus spotter suddenly did a left side cartwheel. Both lifter and spotter were badly hurt.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just want to say, have now done 3 sessions with thumbless grip using versa grips for safety. Wow, shoulder feels fantastic. It's definitely a little more Tricep involvement, but I like it. Will stay with it a while.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ElrondHubbard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just hope you're using the spotter bars.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    I just hope you're using the spotter bars.
    I'm using versa grips, basically wrist straps. The bar is bound to my hands and can't roll.

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    I'm using versa grips, basically wrist straps. The bar is bound to my hands and can't roll.
    I forgot all about using the versa for that. I use the red fat grips so I have to depend on the safety pins of my rack.

T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10) T.C. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Just want to say, have now done 3 sessions with thumbless grip using versa grips for safety. Wow, shoulder feels fantastic. It's definitely a little more Tricep involvement, but I like it. Will stay with it a while.
    The Best place to start with this if you havent tried it thus far, is the Hammer Strength, Body Masters, Cybex,,any similar machine-s.... Sorry,, But once you Start to implement the thumbless grip.. You wonder why you haven't ever Tried... The gains are usually quite rewarding!