ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does it ever get any easier dealing with the hunger?

I've been stuck at 155 for a long time now, 4 months, and I know that I have to eat less to drop more. It's just...seriously, very hard. I kill it in the gym and I make sure I get my dietary fat and protein in. So far so good. I'm sitting at a 500-1000 calorie deficit, and that is when the agonizing torture begins.

I "feel" like I'm starving all of the time. Morning, noon, night , and no matter what I do the feeling doesn't go away. I try to drink tons of water and supplement my diet with a bunch of veggies but I'm still hungry. I'd like to live a normal life with a healthy routine, but I find it impossible to do with this really uncomfortable feeling. Micromanaging this sensation has been pure hell.

So my question is how do you all deal with the hunger? Any tips to get rid of it? Does it eventually go away if you just deal with the hunger feeling for long enough (stomach shrinks?) or do all of you guys who are 10% bodyfat constantly fight this battle? I want a nice 8 oz sirloin right now more than I want to have sex with Bar Refaeli.

P.S. I've tried intermittent fasting but outside of the four hours after meal time I start imagining people and objects are food

kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kamsandhu44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Refeed?

More cardio?

Eat more?

What is your daily cal intake?

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For me it got better every cut/bulk cycle, these days I have absolutely no issues with hunger apart from it being a mild nuisance, no matter the deficit size.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your body often mistakes thirst for hunger. Make sure you're getting 3L water per day minimum and count your calories. 1000 surplus is quite a lot remember so I'd be surprised if you didn't feel hungry at various stages of the day.

ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unfortunately my job makes me fluctuate my calorie intake. Knowing how to get into a deficit isn't the issue for me though, the problem is I often times eat at maintenance or eat more because I'm still hungry, which has caused the 4 months of spinning my wheels. Solutions on dealing with hunger issues are appreciated.

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    For me it got better every cut/bulk cycle, these days I have absolutely no issues with hunger apart from it being a mild nuisance, no matter the deficit size.
    This is what I wanted to hear, thank you

Originally Posted by benh2 View Post
    Your body often mistakes thirst for hunger. Make sure you're getting 3L water per day minimum and count your calories. 1000 surplus is quite a lot remember so I'd be surprised if you didn't feel hungry at various stages of the day.
    Honestly I probably get 5 gallons of water in between food, the water cooler at work, and the dozen trips to my fridge to get water at night. Not joking

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are in a deficit and not losing weight, you are either retaining water or not in a deficit

I find that over time managing hunger becomes easier

I find IF very helpful in calorie management

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me it is not the hunger that sucks, it is the lifting without the glycogen reserves I am accustomed to. Before this cut I have always lifted on a surplus and by comparison this feels like absolute hell. I hate not being able to make progress.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    EC Stack, bye hunger, http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack

AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AncientYouth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
    For me it is not the hunger that sucks, it is the lifting without the glycogen reserves I am accustomed to. Before this cut I have always lifted on a surplus and by comparison this feels like absolute hell. I hate not being able to make progress.
    If you are losing weight you are making progress

Like increasing your life expectancy

nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nosirrahx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AncientYouth View Post
    If you are losing weight you are making progress

Like increasing your life expectancy
    Absolutely, I like them gainz.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by nosirrahx View Post
    Yap, lifting in a deficit does indeed suck compared to a surplus.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can try to burn more calories by running or cycling which will allow you to eat much more and still be at the same deficit.

Other stuff that migh help:
    Eat a lot of protein as this fills you up for longer
    Eat plenty of green veggies as they don't really count and fill you up as well
    Skipping breakfast (like in IF) worked well for me after a 3 day transition phase
    You could try a keto diet as low carb diets usually reduce hunger significantely. Worked really well for me.
    Include one weekly refeed where you consume a lot of carbs (>500g) with very little fat. This is mandatory if you are a carb junky like me!
    My cutting log (Start: May 2015): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167409151

Weighted pull-ups: 3 reps with +40kg @75kg bw
    Deadlift: 2 reps with 150kg (331 lbs) @77kg bw

freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) freymart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Yap, lifting in a deficit does indeed suck compared to a surplus.
    Once you really reach a glycogen depleted state it just doesn just suck... it actually gets much worse! I did a workout once after 4 days with 50g carbs and 40 miles running. I tried a high rep workout and I started laughing in between the sets or before the next rep... couldn't help it. If this happens your body has no energy to lift that weight or pull you up anymore. So he is really desperate and is flushing the body with endorphines to cope with the stress. VERY VERY WEIRD FEELING! My workout buddy actually thought that I am not taking this serious... I did but I had no control over it.
    My cutting log (Start: May 2015): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167409151

Weighted pull-ups: 3 reps with +40kg @75kg bw
    Deadlift: 2 reps with 150kg (331 lbs) @77kg bw

Thanks for the tips guys. I've tried most of this, just going to keep barreling.

BTW I never struggle lifting in the gym. I go immediately after my largest meal and my energy is there. Energy was never a problem for me dropping my last 80 pounds, its those damn hunger pangs!

gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10) gainleanmuscle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lowering my carbs and increasing my fats has helped to keep me feel fuller longer and makes it easier for me to eat in a deficit. sweets, processed food and junk food in general will make u feel hungry and crave more crap. veggies, fats and protein work well for me.

Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Msm1771 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes it absolutely gets easier. For lots of people, you get used to eating less food after the first week or so.You are eating less food in general and the mental attribute of being in a deficit alone can increase hunger. I would try volumeizing your food. Big portions of non-calorically dense foods. Keep your stomach with as much food in it with as little calories as possible. Just make sure to hit your macro/micro goals. Intermittent fasting helps some people as well. There is also no harm in doing some cardio as well to increase your tdee.
    I am not a bodybuilder,powerlifter, or fitness model. I just like to workout to push my limits in every fitness element and feel good. I am just here to motivate and spread scientifically proven knowledge to the best of my ability and prevent bro-science and dangerous advice.

B-315 Squat- 350 DL -450 as of 11/7/14

Work Email-Brickellpersonaltraining@gmail.com
    IG-EmEsEm92
    NCSF-CPT
    NASM- Sport Nutrition Specialist

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ScSc0rP View Post
    I'm sitting at a 500-1000 calorie deficit, and that is when the agonizing torture begins.

I "feel" like I'm starving all of the time. Morning, noon, night , and no matter what I do the feeling doesn't go away. I try to drink tons of water and supplement my diet with a bunch of veggies but I'm still hungry. I'd like to live a normal life with a healthy routine, but I find it impossible to do with this really uncomfortable feeling. Micromanaging this sensation has been pure hell.

So my question is how do you all deal with the hunger?
    I just don't get "hungry" when cutting/dieting.

I get the " I could eat something right about now" sensation that lasts for most of the day, but real "Starving" levels of hunger that you are describing, where you are weak, dizzy, nauseous, stomach is in constant pain and feels like it is about to collapse in on itself..

That only happens if I skip food entirely for a day or more and start pushing myself.

Then... I get "hungry".

If you actually feel the way that you describe "all the time" then you might want to see a doctor.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I saw yesterday that an 80 cal low-fat greek yogurt with a big portion of 0 cal Jello works well. It ends up being a 100 cal snack with 14g of protein that you might not even be able to finish due to the huge volume of the Jello.

Just a little trick for cutting that I will try when I need to.

PS: Since I've been strict with diet this week and feeling quite hungry, I was about to start a thread like this with the SAME title, I kid you not.

Alpha As Fuking Fuk bigdogfarmhand's Avatar
    bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No.
    Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.

MMOUZEZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just surprised how no one asked you what types of food are you eating?

if your only problem is hunger and you are good with your energy at the gym then you can do two things.

increase the intensity and variety of your cardio, HIIT, long steady, stairmaster etc. play with duration and intensity very good for keeping your metabolism always on the works not knowing whats coming next, remember your body is fighting against you to save this fat.

the second thing which i think is more important in your case is to do some homework planning to play with your food, eat more fibrous food it will definitely make you feel fuller and consume even more calories being digested, it always helps having your meals planned ahead some examples for food are oats, boiled egg whites for breakfast broccoli, brown rice green beans etc, chicken, tuna tuna and more tuna.

hope this helps, it's been getting better for me in that sense i just lack some energy for workouts but i'm a good friend with creatine.

gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gophergold9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try drinking chicken or beef broth, it worked wonders for me to trick myself into feeling full. Otherwise, keep trying IF.