T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stuck, don't know what to do(football)

so i'm 6,8", 220, about 15% bf, and my favorite sport is football, the two don't often go together very well

i'm going to be a junior next year, most likely playing varsity(played a little as a sophomore)

my predicament: my coach wants me to stay as an o-line/d-lineman,(offensive&defensive tackle) but i want to play tight end/receiver, my coach/athletic director both think i could very well be the first d1 football player as o-tackle from my highschool, i fit the position well at left tackle, as the left tackle is always very tall

i'm really athletic, and i feel my talent is almost being wasted on the line, i have good hands, i have the drive to get my 40 time down (was low 5s last year), but the predicament is, should i focus on getting faster and losing fat for a recevier type build? or bulk up and be the lineman type build, i really cant decide as theyre both on opposite sides of the spectrum and doing one ruins chances for the other

anyone else have any tips?

Oustide Linebacker 44 Dakidwondah's Avatar
    Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dakidwondah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suggest you become a lineman.
    Position: Outside Linebacker
    'Pain is weakness leaving the body'

LIGHT SKINNED MANDINGO G-mane12's Avatar
    G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    at 6'8 your best bet is tackle... D1 teams love tall tackles! (no homo)

Jonathan Ogden ring a bell?

But just work on getting your feet quicker and bulking up
    Stickam: ronniecoleman22

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T4nk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by G-mane12 View Post
    at 6'8 your best bet is tackle... D1 teams love tall tackles! (no homo)

Jonathan Ogden ring a bell?

But just work on getting your feet quicker and bulking up
    offensive or defensive?

G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by T4nk View Post
    offensive or defensive?
    i was thinking offensive but you could play either

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    so i'm 6,8", 220, about 15% bf, and my favorite sport is football, the two don't often go together very well

i'm going to be a junior next year, most likely playing varsity(played a little as a sophomore)

my predicament: my coach wants me to stay as an o-line/d-lineman,(offensive&defensive tackle) but i want to play tight end/receiver, my coach/athletic director both think i could very well be the first d1 football player as o-tackle from my highschool, i fit the position well at left tackle, as the left tackle is always very tall

i'm really athletic, and i feel my talent is almost being wasted on the line, i have good hands, i have the drive to get my 40 time down (was low 5s last year), but the predicament is, should i focus on getting faster and losing fat for a recevier type build? or bulk up and be the lineman type build, i really cant decide as theyre both on opposite sides of the spectrum and doing one ruins chances for the other

anyone else have any tips?
    6'8 and 220 are you anarexic?

Originally Posted by fbdt99 View Post
    6'8 and 220 are you anarexic?
    its anorexic, and no, i just have a lower bf than yourself

fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fbdt99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your 6 inches taller than me and my lean body mass is more than yours

your 6 inches taller than me and my lean body mass is more than yours
    i have 15% bf

i have 15% bf
    yes and mine is 26
    ok so lets times my weight by .74
    lets times yours by .85
    my lean mass-199.8
    your lean mass-187
    and you are 6 inches taller than me.

nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100) nuclearWinter is not very well liked. (-100)
    bulking does not mean getting fatter...

youre a natural tackle. lift heavy and eat.

yes and mine is 26
    ok so lets times my weight by .74
    lets times yours by .85
    my lean mass-199.8
    your lean mass-187
    and you are 6 inches taller than me.
    ok you have more lean mass than me, congrats? your tangent has nothing to do with the original topic

now get out of my thread

h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) h4te is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just get as strong as possible doing watever possible. later when u get older theyll see were you are skill wise and stuff

i was just saying your thin. i will hep you though. if your coach thinks you have d1 talent at o line then stay there and just gain weight. and low 5s for 40 is good for o tackles but very bad for recivers and tight ends. if you really wanted to be a reciver you could work your ass off and maybe get to where you want to be but you should stay at what you are going to be the best at

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You have the perfect height, but 220 isn't going to cut it at the D1 level. I know you probably have talent, but it's easier for a strong DE to push around 220, than it is 275+ (the avg. LT in D1).

Now if you could get in the 4.8's, you should be a good TE canidate. Thats just a stat, you need to have the skills as well.

No matter what you do, you are going to have to go up in weight for D1 ball. You can go on minicycles of cutting and bulking throughout the year to not worry so much about fat in the traditional 4-6 month bulk.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

just got out of basketball season, i lost a ton of weight during that, right now its track season, i throw, so im basically bulking until summer where ill continue to put on weight until football, im a lot lighter right now than i am during reg football season

CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CLiTMASTA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would think it would be hard to run good routes & have good body control at 6'8?

pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pete_a22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep working out, keep working on speed. Get bigger and faster thats what you do when your young. I weighed 150 pounds in grade 10 all my natural muscle growth only came when i was 18-19.

Try an excel in everything you do, in time the right coach's will know what best suits you. With that size and the right work ethic opportunity will be knockin at your door bro.

nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) nomadlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lineman is your best bet. Imo I understand What you want to do. but somtimes people need to fill in. and unless there is another guy in your school that would make a goodtackle. then you fall in that spot. Your coaches Should know. What is best for you. @ your height you could really Put on some Nice athletic Weight. Good luck
    Having a Gym at my office. Is Priceless.

xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xKKx7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow i wish i could be 6'8. i'm stuck around 6'1. **** 7 inches... what'd you eat lol?

anyways, stick to o-tackle. all u have to do is eat and lift TONS. however, i do have to say this. you could be a successful T-end as well seeing as you have good hands. Bulking up also means... less girls. Bulking doesn't necessarily mean fat, its mostly muscle. But look at typical o-linemen man. YES ITS TRUE GIRLS ARE TURNED OFF BY HUGE HUGE MEN. Don't get me wrong, o-linemen are huge and strong, i'm one myself, but it means a lot of sacrifice, also in the relationship category. its just wats important to you. btw, you can still be pass eligible as a tackle. why don't you just do that? you can be playing tackle and still catching passes.
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) WRbigbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post
    wow i wish i could be 6'8. i'm stuck around 6'1. **** 7 inches... what'd you eat lol?

anyways, stick to o-tackle. all u have to do is eat and lift TONS. however, i do have to say this. you could be a successful T-end as well seeing as you have good hands. Bulking up also means... less girls. Bulking doesn't necessarily mean fat, its mostly muscle. But look at typical o-linemen man. YES ITS TRUE GIRLS ARE TURNED OFF BY HUGE HUGE MEN. Don't get me wrong, o-linemen are huge and strong, i'm one myself, but it means a lot of sacrifice, also in the relationship category. its just wats important to you. btw, you can still be pass eligible as a tackle. why don't you just do that? you can be playing tackle and still catching passes.
    lol wut?

Originally Posted by xKKx7 View Post

anyways, stick to o-tackle. all u have to do is eat and lift TONS. however, i do have to say this. you could be a successful T-end as well seeing as you have good hands. Bulking up also means... less girls. Bulking doesn't necessarily mean fat, its mostly muscle. But look at typical o-linemen man. YES ITS TRUE GIRLS ARE TURNED OFF BY HUGE HUGE MEN IN THE PANTS. Don't get me wrong, o-linemen are huge and strong, i'm one myself, but it means a lot of sacrifice, also in the relationship category. its just wats important to you. btw, you can still be pass eligible as a tackle. why don't you just do that? you can be playing tackle and still catching passes.
    LOLQUE

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i think yur being selfish

to think that yur talent is being wasted while playing offensive line?
    Do u realize how important offensive linemen are?
    Quit being selfish and do what is best for the team

also, if yur not running in the 4.5-4.7 ranged, yur not playing TE
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rush33 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Play where your coaches tell you too. The people doing the recruiting will see a nice frame with good athleticism and they will put you where they want you. Some will probably want you to play OT, some will probably want you at TE. Go wherever you think best suits what you want to do.

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    first of all, youre a bit thin but i dont think its a problem. youre only a sophomore. i was 5'8 ~160 for most of my high school years and then between jr and sr seasons i packed on roughly 35 lbs, grew an inch and decreased bfp by about 3%. bottom line you're probably going to grow some more. if not, you still have plenty of time to bulk up before sr year, let alone college.

play where the coaches put you. they know what the team needs and where you would fit in best. you still have 2 years to prove yourself as a TE if you really want to play it. also realize that the coaches may just satisfy your cries and put you at TE, but only put you in on run plays. bottom line make the coaches and your team happy. furthermore, if a coach wants you to play at a different position, realize that this almost garuntees more playing time. it doesnt necessarily mean you'll start, but a coach would be a fool to move a person from one position to another if they wont get some playing time. doing it just to improve depth on the 3rd string is plain foolish. depending on the offense your team runs, TE and T might be almost the same position anyways.

when it comes to how you should workout, i'll tell you the same thing i tell everybody else. it is more than possible to gain weight, size and strength and keep and/or increase your footspeed. it just requires hard work and a good workout plan consisting of a good diet, a good weightlifting program, and things like plyometrics to keep your feet. don't worry about bulk vs cut and all that bs. just work hard in the weight room and do some exercizes to increase footspeed aswell and you'll be just fine.

youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngblood23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    basketball? can u dunk?

mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you people crack me up! lol

well anyway line is real fun, you have the height and if you got about 20-30 lbs heavier and have skill you would easily get offers. DE is something for you to look at man, because obvisously you want a glory posistion. at 6'8 220 you would be pretty damn hard to block, you can get your arms on the tackle easily. you get lots of glory for getting one sack in a game compared to getting a pancake block. besides how many wr's do you know of that are taller then 6'5?

xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxyxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    15 is a pretty high bf..