disorderly22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Carbs for cutting

I haven't been able to find my answer anywhere in the forums. I need some help with Carb diversity. I'm currently cutting body fat in prep for a competition in a few months and I've been told that bread is a big taboo with contest cutting but is there other forms of carbs I should avoid? Below is a list of carbs I currently eat please let me know if I shouldn't eat a certain type or if I am missing something.

Oats - usually "quick oats"
    Sweet Potatoes - plain and very disgusting IMO
    Rice - white or brown I've read both are fine but I don't eat much of this, my body doesn't digest it well
    Couscous - not sure since this comes from wheat if it falls under the rule of not eating bread
    Quinoa - plain and easy to make

Thanks for the help.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by disorderly22 View Post
    I haven't been able to find my answer anywhere in the forums. I need some help with Carb diversity. I'm currently cutting body fat in prep for a competition in a few months and I've been told that bread is a big taboo with contest cutting but is there other forms of carbs I should avoid? Below is a list of carbs I currently eat please let me know if I shouldn't eat a certain type or if I am missing something.

Rice - white or brown I've read both are fine but I don't eat much of this, my body doesn't digest it well
    Couscous - not sure since this comes from wheat if it falls under the rule of not eating bread

Thanks for the help.
    I would highly recommend that you read up on the topic. One resource that I have found invaluable lately is Dr. Joe Klemcjewski (aka peaking coach).

I actually bough one of his ebooks recently. At first being the cocky bastard that I am, I figured I knew better than him. I've been following some of his general outlines. I am loosing fat right now faster than I ever have in the past and I'm doing so while still eating all those evil carbs that people tell you to avoid. In fact, I'm eating the most carbs I ever have, with variety, and dropping like crazy!

I wish I listened to this guy years ago. I probably could have won a pro-card. learn about your metabolism, learn about carbs and what they do and then you can answer the questions better than anyone else.
    Last edited by Cape1; 01-16-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    I would highly recommend that you read up on the topic. One resource that I have found invaluable lately is Dr. Joe Klemcjewski (aka peaking coach).

I actually bough one of his ebooks recently. At first being the cocky bastard that I am, I figured I knew better than him. I've been following some of his general outlines. I am loosing fat right now faster than I ever have in the past and I'm doing so while still eating all those evil carbs that people tell you to avoid. In fact, I'm eating the most carbs I ever have, with variety, and dropping like crazy!

I wish I listened to this guy years ago. I probably could have won a pro-card. learn about your metabolism, learn about carbs and what they do and then you can answer the questions better than anyone else.
    Thank you for your response, this is something I'll look into. I just wanted to be sure I'm not working against myself eating certain carbs I shouldn't. Thankfully I have learned a lot about my metabolism but still have a long way to go. Doesn't help I'm getting older haha. Good to know some peoples phobias of certain carbs are unwarranted for others. Thanks again!

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Everything you have listed is fine. All have high nutrients
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you for your response, this is something I'll look into. I just wanted to be sure I'm not working against myself eating certain carbs I shouldn't. Thankfully I have learned a lot about my metabolism but still have a long way to go. Doesn't help I'm getting older haha. Good to know some peoples phobias of certain carbs are unwarranted for others. Thanks again!
    There are no bad carbs, if you set your caloric and macro goals and stick to them you will be fine. A variety of foods is better in the long run and you won't run into possible eating disorders by labeling foods off limits. The only time you need to avoid foods are if you have a food intolerance. Now if you are not tracking and have no idea how many carbs and fiber you are taking in then that is where you need to start.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Thanks WolfBeast and fltallpaul. Great pics on both your profiles by the way.

Thankfully I'm good at macrotracking. I don't why my previous trainers were completely against bread.

mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mhilliard44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Throw some cinnamon on those sweet potatoes!! I all honesty that's about what my carb intake looks dieting for a comp right now. I eat sweet potatoes, quick oats once or twice a day, I eat bread too, white or brown rice.

Carb cycling is something you might want to look into as well: alternating the amount of carbs you eat on which days

When it comes down to it, a carb is a carb. They come in different forms, but they're all carbs. Find what you like and stick with it.
    2015 NANBF Pittsburgh Overall Champion

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mhilliard44 View Post
    Throw some cinnamon on those sweet potatoes!! I all honesty that's about what my carb intake looks dieting for a comp right now. I eat sweet potatoes, quick oats once or twice a day, I eat bread too, white or brown rice.

Carb cycling is something you might want to look into as well: alternating the amount of carbs you eat on which days

When it comes down to it, a carb is a carb. They come in different forms, but they're all carbs. Find what you like and stick with it.

my carbs are red potatos, white rice, oats and bread. And always come inshape stage time... no carb is bad carb
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All your body knows is it or isn't it sugar (carbs). The GI index is blown way out of proportion as far as being a valid point of contention also
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000) gbnpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    the carbs you listed are what many of us in this lifestyle consider our "staple" carbs--the sweet potatoes, rice, oats. Others experiment with different forms and do fine with them such as breads and white potatoes. Others do not. Alot of it is based on your personally tolerance to certain carbs, That actually might be your best bet--to find what works for your physique and what doesn't. Lert the mirror be your guide.
    *Team All American EFX Sports.
    *Registered Nurse/Trauma Certified.
    *NPC National Men's Physique Competitor, Top 10 Jr. USA's 2015.

Web: http://www.aaefx.com/
    ********:  http://www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @efxsports 

*My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
    All American EFX Sports as they are my own*

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    There are no bad carbs, if you set your caloric and macro goals and stick to them you will be fine. A variety of foods is better in the long run and you won't run into possible eating disorders by labeling foods off limits. The only time you need to avoid foods are if you have a food intolerance. Now if you are not tracking and have no idea how many carbs and fiber you are taking in then that is where you need to start.
    LISTEN TO PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best advice I can give you.
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) purts has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    All your body knows is it or isn't it sugar (carbs). The GI index is blown way out of proportion as far as being a valid point of contention also
    Let me guess, you're following IIFYM? Lol

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by purts View Post
    Let me guess, you're following IIFYM? Lol
    I'm following what I've always followed and it's worked well for a very long time.... LOL
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any carbs you will want more macronutrient dense as you get closer.
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Alite Tanning & Fitness
    www.alitetanningfitness.com
    CPT-NASM, CES -NASM, USAW Sports Performance Coach, NQ Figure Competitor, NPC Judge