Page 90 of 163 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 4873
    LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by soljah808 View Post
    idk. **** branding myself as part of a team or w/e im just here to learn and be the best. But u could say I train at two different associations. One while im at home, and one while im in NY. They have 0 affiliation with eachother and are quite different.

All im sayin is, do i gotta take these stripes off when i go back home to train? my bro is a blue whose been training at my home gym for quite some time and told me that since i earned them i should wear them. but he isnt quite sure about the etiquette/loyaly stuff too.
    If not part of a federation, it is up to the sensei of the dojo you are in.

LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LaughingStorm has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by taf1968 View Post
    That sucks . . . I only just started getting back to my Kempo Jujitsu classes after over a year off from a ruptured distal bicep tendon. Did you have to have surgery for the elbow or is it just a "sit and let it heal" thing?
    So far it is a "sit and heal" thing. Depending on how ell it heals, surgery may be necessary in the future.

Really hope I can avoid surgery, tho.

MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000)
    JacobsBJJ you know this Jake Mathews guy?
    *misc BJJ/MMA crew*
    *forgot to lift crew*
    *inb4 pwally crew*

"Here for the gainz and all the pussy that come with it" - Roy Jones Jr.

Self-Taught Gynecologist TheAustrianOak's Avatar
    TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by soljah808 View Post
    idk. **** branding myself as part of a team or w/e im just here to learn and be the best. But u could say I train at two different associations. One while im at home, and one while im in NY. They have 0 affiliation with eachother and are quite different.

All im sayin is, do i gotta take these stripes off when i go back home to train? my bro is a blue whose been training at my home gym for quite some time and told me that since i earned them i should wear them. but he isnt quite sure about the etiquette/loyaly stuff too.
    wear em
    If I'm on here, I'm at work
    If I'm at work, I'm bored
    Feel free to entertain me

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000) MiddleNose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Taking some time off until New Years from BJJ, kinda burned out a bit and want to focus on lifting and college more.
    *misc BJJ/MMA crew*
    *forgot to lift crew*
    *inb4 pwally crew*

"Here for the gainz and all the pussy that come with it" - Roy Jones Jr.

Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Adding to the list of injuries, Im 2 months out from a grade 2 A/C shoulder separation. I can still do technique and warm-ups for the most part, but there's no way Im gonna be able to roll for quite a while.

Anyone have this injury before? Im hoping for success stories that contradict the 6 month diagnosis.
    Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.

-Bruce Lee

Misc BJJ Crew

Kaizen

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why is the BJJ reddit site so fukking gay? Srsly, I don't get it, the highest upvoted thread today is about a guy who says he's quitting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/bjj/comments/2lveat/im_done/

My mind is so ful of fuk right now.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In on his chit!

Former Gracie Barra 1 stripe blue belt here. Its been over 2 years since I've set foot or trained on the mats and now I'm in a new city (Fort Lauderdale). Thinking about going to train at Popovitch's main quarters here or Valiente Brothers. Undecided right now, but I'm not sure about Popovitch's after the Thiago Silva thing and supposedly his high prices. Hoping to get back to it in January of next year. Some vids of mine.

1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are the essential submissions for beginners?

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by McConaughey69 View Post
    Rear naked choke, head and arm triangle, armbar, guillotine, and triangle choke (not really pulling one off, but knowing how to defend it is more important IMO since everyone tries them).

Really, these are the highest percentage submissions you can do in grappling or MMA. You can learn others, but if you get good at these, their variations and setups, you don't really need anything else.
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McConaughey69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Clean View Post
    Rear naked choke, head and arm triangle, armbar, guillotine, and triangle choke (not really pulling one off, but knowing how to defend it is more important IMO since everyone tries them).

Really, these are the highest percentage submissions you can do in grappling or MMA. You can learn others, but if you get good at these, their variations and setups, you don't really need anything else.
    I always thought that leg locks (kneebar, heel hook, achilles lock, etc) work best for short guys.

Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendedlife is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Why is the BJJ reddit site so fukking gay? Srsly, I don't get it, the highest upvoted thread today is about a guy who says he's quitting.

I dont get why the guy just doesnt take a break. I certainly dont train 4 days a week and sometimes have to take a week off, and Jiu Jitsu just stays fresh mentally and physically. I really think taking breaks gives you time to "compile" everything you've been learning and solidify it. Im probably one of the best blue belts at my gym and Im not hardcore about making every class. It sounds like he just burned out.
    Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential.

-Bruce Lee

Misc BJJ Crew

Kaizen

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What I don't get is how a nearly 200lbs man who has trained bjj 4-5 times a week for over 2 years can claim to have never hit a sweep or a guard pass on anyone who has trained for more than 6 months. I mean what the fuk, I have trained 2-4 times a week for over 2 years myself, and I can pass most whitebelts guard within 1-2 minutes (excluding those who have trained for almost 2 years and haven't gotten their belts yet). Hell, you can just spam the Toreando pass and it will work like 90% of the time against most whitebelts almost no matter how chitty your Toreando pass is.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000)

i would add kimura/americana to that list

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    What were you expecting from Reddit?

BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Was recently promoted. What's a good belt brand?
    Jiu Jitsu Crew
    Freestyle wrestling crew
    Asian crew

"Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle."

Irrelevant to YOUR succes chino3's Avatar
    chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BerimBROlo View Post
    Was recently promoted. What's a good belt brand?
    it's a belt...

BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chino3 View Post
    it's a belt...
    Yeah, but the belt I got didn't have the black sleeve and is 2 sizes bigger than what I really wear.
    Jiu Jitsu Crew
    Freestyle wrestling crew
    Asian crew

chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chino3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so go to budovideos and pick a belt.

I've had koral for my blue and purple and they have been perfectly fine, with the exception of my purple fading too much and the IBJJF saying that it was of questionable color and forced me to buy another belt or get DQ'd at worlds... fuggin crooks...

Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tuga88 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey BJJ brahs!

Been wanting to do BJJ for ages now, just waiting to start my new job and then I'm joining the Gracie Academy here. However, I was talking to this guy who said he's been doing it for a couple of years and he started telling me about all these injuries he's had while training. Now I come on here and I see a few posts about injuries.

My question is - how often do people get injured doing BJJ? Obviously little injuries here and there are part of all martial arts but I'm talking more about significant injuries that have you sidelined for months. I don't really want to be out of action for months and have that happening repeatedly.
    There is but one path....we kill them all.

ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ValinaBubbles is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In on his chit!

Former Gracie Barra 1 stripe blue belt here. Its been over 2 years since I've set foot or trained on the mats and now I'm in a new city (Fort Lauderdale). Thinking about going to train at Popovitch's main quarters here or Valiente Brothers. Undecided right now, but I'm not sure about Popovitch's after the Thiago Silva thing and supposedly his high prices. Hoping to get back to it in January of next year. Some vids of mine.

Biggest annoyance on the planet, people editing their videos to make them look faster.

so go to budovideos and pick a belt.

I've had koral for my blue and purple and they have been perfectly fine, with the exception of my purple fading too much and the IBJJF saying that it was of questionable color and forced me to buy another belt or get DQ'd at worlds... fuggin crooks...
    Just wanted to see other people's opinions on different belt brands just so I can make a well informed decision. Will probably go for Koral though. Hope they have one in my size. (I'm not in the USA right now. lol)

lol that fukn sucks. What happened at Worlds though?
    Jiu Jitsu Crew
    Freestyle wrestling crew
    Asian crew

Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clockbro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BerimBROlo View Post
    Just wanted to see other people's opinions on different belt brands just so I can make a well informed decision. Will probably go for Koral though. Hope they have one in my size. (I'm not in the USA right now. lol)

lol that fukn sucks. What happened at Worlds though?
    The Koral purple belts are super light compared to other belts, almost lavender. Great stitching though.
    Congrats on the promotion.

worlds was a cluster. running 2 hours behind for my division. I get called, run from the warm up area, go to check in and the convo literally went like this:

"What belt is that?"
    "Koral?"
    "No, the color...."
    "Ummm purple."
    "Doesn't look purple, looks like a faded brown."
    "Well it clearly isn't, so...."
    *sloot at the table*"it looks peach! you cant use it."
    "Can I run and grab another one?"
    "You can try but I cannot guarantee anything. hurry up..."
    I sprint off to buy a belt, then come running back. The guy almost gave me chit about it not being long enough... da fuq...

Then my team mate who was also competing that day, never had his name called. we waited for an hour after his division started and finally got someone to say "I dont know man, but your division advanced without you..." literally all they had to offer. they ended up saying that simply didn't call his name. no reason why/how/what/etc, just simply didn't call him. We threw a fukkin fit until they refunded his money right then and there. WAs a really big shame because he is a MONSTER and has been training his dikk off for the past 6 months just for this...

I won my first and lost my second. there was some questionable, at best, reffing/scoring going on... The one I lost, I lost, but the points were beyond fukked. I could even hear people that weren't with us yelling wtf.

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by McConaughey69 View Post
    I recommend getting comfortable with positioning and escapes first. learning submissions is fine but landing them is different when against a resisting opponent. once you get the positioning down, landing the "basics" will become easier. the term basics though is very broad, as the beginner submissions are also the most common that elite black belts tend to land. as you get more seasoned, you develop subs based on your own preference and try to set up your opponent to land them. my bro for example loves triangles and practiced to land them from all angles. I have short legs and have a harder time landing triangles, but I love arm bars, kimuras, and lapel chokes.
    US Navy Veteran
    eats sriracha with everything
    ^^VV<><> BA Start

Originally Posted by Tuga88 View Post
    My question is - how often do people get injured doing BJJ? Obviously little injuries here and there are part of all martial arts but I'm talking more about significant injuries that have you sidelined for months. I don't really want to be out of action for months and have that happening repeatedly.
    I've taken a ton of small injuries in all my time grappling and only two large ones. Some dudes get jacked up all the time. My buddy always rocks her comps and has never had a significant injury. Just depends who you are and how you play.

I'm more of a wrestler/judoka, tho. Just for full disclosure.

Originally Posted by Tuga88 View Post
    Hey BJJ brahs!

Been wanting to do BJJ for ages now, just waiting to start my new job and then I'm joining the Gracie Academy here. However, I was talking to this guy who said he's been doing it for a couple of years and he started telling me about all these injuries he's had while training. Now I come on here and I see a few posts about injuries.

never had a significant injury, i've been going for a bit. minor ones here and there, but that is normal with any sport

dont roll like an idiot and dont be too proud to tap, you'll be fine

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Clipped my coach in the nose with my elbow last week by accident. Das not it lol. He was a bit pissed because he's got other injuries but calmed down.

I do a lot of wresting / nogi. Really want to work on my scrambles and sub defense.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

worlds was a cluster. running 2 hours behind for my division. I get called, run from the warm up area, go to check in and the convo literally went like this:

"What belt is that?"
    "Koral?"
    "No, the color...."
    "Ummm purple."
    "Doesn't look purple, looks like a faded brown."
    "Well it clearly isn't, so...."
    *sloot at the table*"it looks peach! you cant use it."
    "Can I run and grab another one?"
    "You can try but I cannot guarantee anything. hurry up..."
    I sprint off to buy a belt, then come running back. The guy almost gave me chit about it not being long enough... da fuq...

Then my team mate who was also competing that day, never had his name called. we waited for an hour after his division started and finally got someone to say "I dont know man, but your division advanced without you..." literally all they had to offer. they ended up saying that simply didn't call his name. no reason why/how/what/etc, just simply didn't call him. We threw a fukkin fit until they refunded his money right then and there. WAs a really big shame because he is a MONSTER and has been training his dikk off for the past 6 months just for this...

I won my first and lost my second. there was some questionable, at best, reffing/scoring going on... The one I lost, I lost, but the points were beyond fukked. I could even hear people that weren't with us yelling wtf.

WTF at the sloot. Peach? Do u even BJJ????

Fuk, I almost had that happen to me too. I was waiting for my name to be called in the absolute division then I went up to the organizers of the event (this wasn't IBJJF though) and quickly realized their mistake and I ended up having a bye. They were very apologetic too.

I've never competed at Worlds but I've been hearing bad reffing/scoring happens a lot there especially at the lower belt levels. Really hope they fix that.
    Jiu Jitsu Crew
    Freestyle wrestling crew
    Asian crew

chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it's a belt...
    What she said.