chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Advice on improving my squats - video enclosed.

Okay - I know i am leaning forward too much, and I know I'm going to get some abuse for posting this video. But I'd like some advice on how I can improve. Any advice gratefully received.

w w w .youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Jfeh5E5pk

(Sorry it won't let me post the correct link as I'm new.)

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OG

Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's really not that bad. I would just slooooow down, that will help you to fix your form. You already know what you are doing wrong - slow down, lighten the load, fix it.
    "This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, study it, tweak it, listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on that EAT, TRAIN, SLEEP regime. What are you on?"

* ARMY * 3rd ID - OIF, OEF *

AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000) AFC96 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doesn't your hip hurts doing it that fast? And squat inside the rack to be safe. Maybe now its not that heavy but as time goes it will get heavy.
    My Powerlifting "Road To Manlet" Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172129323

Instagram: a.camstra

Gym PR(KG): 195/130/220 @61KG Raw

Meet PR(KG): 185/117.5/200 @58.6KG

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    learn to sit back when you're squatting, just like taking a big ole sh!t. also keep your chest up, this is causing you to have he forward lean which is also takes the weight onto the toes and not your heels. as your heels come up at the end of each rep.

Also depth is very questionable
    OG

chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chubbysam is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I've not had any hip pains no. But at the moment the weight is relatively light (half by bodyweight). I'm building up the weight slowly, and want to fix the form before I do so.

It was handy for me to video it, even though it was slightly embarrassing. I didn't realise I was going so fast. I will slow it down. Would counting 3 down, 1 up be a good idea (a friend of mine who is a pti said this was a good count for weights)?

Thanks for the advice.

Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lowpala has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chubbysam View Post
    I've not had any hip pains no. But at the moment the weight is relatively light (half by bodyweight). I'm building up the weight slowly, and want to fix the form before I do so.

It was handy for me to video it, even though it was slightly embarrassing. I didn't realise I was going so fast. I will slow it down. Would counting 3 down, 1 up be a good idea (a friend of mine who is a pti said this was a good count for weights)?

Thanks for the advice.
    Visualize driving the weight upwards, not trying to stand up. Or pushing the floor down instead of pushing the weight up.

It may sound kind of goofy but give it a try the next time you do it, really focus on driving out of the hole with your whole body as a unit - one fluid motion. Not separate movements on your way up.

Edit:

Flexibility has a lot to do with sitting back without bending over too far. I would look into some mobility movements to help you loosen up and stay off your toes.
    "This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, study it, tweak it, listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on that EAT, TRAIN, SLEEP regime. What are you on?"

Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    learn to sit back when you're squatting, just like taking a big ole sh!t. also keep your chest up, this is causing you to have he forward lean which is also takes the weight onto the toes and not your heels. as your heels come up at the end of each rep.

Also depth is very questionable
    How much further should I be going down?

I've just tried do a squat as you suggested in my lounge, and it feels like I am going to fall over. Is there any exercises or things I can do to improve that?

Originally Posted by Lowpala View Post
    Visualize driving the weight upwards, not trying to stand up. Or pushing the floor down instead of pushing the weight up.

It may sound kind of goofy but give it a try the next time you do it, really focus on driving out of the hole with your whole body as a unit - one fluid motion. Not separate movements on your way up.

Edit:

Flexibility has a lot to do with sitting back without bending over too far. I would look into some mobility movements to help you loosen up and stay off your toes.
    Thanks - I will definitely try and do that when I'm next in the gym.

Without wanting you to spoon feed me, do you have any recommendations for what mobility movements I can do? A youtube link or something I can google would be helpful. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by chubbysam View Post
    Thanks - I will definitely try and do that when I'm next in the gym.

Without wanting you to spoon feed me, do you have any recommendations for what mobility movements I can do? A youtube link or something I can google would be helpful. Thanks again.
    Just search youtube for hip mobility stretches.

I like to squat down as deep as I can, put my hands on the floor in between my legs in front of me then push out on my legs with my elbows.

Sit on the floor against the wall, with your upper glutes/lower back pressed flat against the wall. Having something to push against with your feet helps. Be sure to keep your lower back flat against the wall and legs flat on the floor.

These are sort of hard to visualize lol, there are a ton on youtube though. "Hip mobility exercises/stretches"

Originally Posted by Lowpala View Post
    Just search youtube for hip mobility stretches.

I like to squat down as deep as I can, put my hands on the floor in between my legs in front of me then push out on my legs with my elbows.

Sit on the floor against the wall, with your upper glutes/lower back pressed flat against the wall. Having something to push against with your feet helps. Be sure to keep your lower back flat against the wall and legs flat on the floor.

These are sort of hard to visualize lol, there are a ton on youtube though. "Hip mobility exercises/stretches"
    Thanks - will do that now. Appreciate the help buddy.

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks like you're doing high bar

Isn't all that bad.

You're confidently dropping into the hole, which is good.

My best tip for you is to concentrate on pointing your elbows straight down during the reps.
    Automatically, this will keep your chest high and mitigate the excessive amount of forward lean as you start to fatigue during the set.
    As you progress, it won't be needed to do that to keep your chest up (to stop forward lean) but it's a good "check" to know if you ever start to fatigue during a set (it's a way to reset your form at the top without excessively adjusting).

Also, ditch the running shoes. You (knees) were all over the place on the first 2 reps. If you don't have oly shoes or chucks, barefoot is a lot better than running shoes. Lateral knee movement and squats aren't a good combo.

Okay - I have TRIED to take the advice on board. Have been practising doing body weight squats at home.

However in the gym with the weight on my shoulder, it's a bit harder for me to remember to do everything.

Here is another video from today: w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=RBC_l1ouWJU

Anyone want to advise me if that is a small improvement and if anything else sticks out. No shoes today - and this was my last set so I was getting weak.

Thanks in advance.