Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

the rest

Now you know the basics of proper nutrition, supplementation and hydration. What you have just learned will account for the majority of your muscle gains. Now we move on to the 2nd most important aspect...

2. Effective Recovery
    I bet you thought the weight lifting part came next, think again. Recovery is probably the most neglected aspect of building a muscular body, and absolutley essential if you are a serious bodybuilder..

Overtraining:
    Overtraining is a condition in which your body can't fully recover from the last workout(either due to poor nutrition or sleeping habits), and continues to be stressed by futher exersize. This will halt muscle growth and actually make them shrink, obviously not good. Some common symtoms of overtraining are extreme soreness, illness, fatigue and just about everything that is absolutly horrible to the bodybuilder.

Sleep:
    Nutrition plays a major role in recovery, but obviously, sleeping is vital to muscle growth. Growth Hormone levels increase the most during sleep, and I reccommed getting no less than 8 hours every day. I go the extra mile and make sure I get 9 to decrease my chances of overtraining and injury, but for the most part to make sure I grow like a monster.

Now, for the actual physical aspect of effective muscle growth:

3. Effective Weight Lifting
    Sure, food is the raw materials for your body to work with, and sleeping actually makes you recover, but these two aspects are useless if you don't stimulate the body to gain muscle in the form of lifting weights.
    Weight lifting creates micro damage in muscle fiber, and eventually when fed and rested, your body adapts and those fiber grow back thicker and stronger.

Reps, Sets, Failure and Splits:
    A rep, or repition is simply lifting a weight and then lowering it back down. Since the goal of the bodybuilder is to use the heaviet possible weight to handle for 6-12 reps while keeping good form. This guideline makes sure that every last muscle fiber has to contract to continue lifting eventually, until muscular failure when your oxygen supply can't keep up with the intense exersize. The ideal number of sets to do in my opinion is 3-4, I personally do 4 to stimulate maximum fiber. The first 1/2 of a rep is just as important as the last 1/2, so make sure you lower the weight just as slow as you lift it, and remember to constantly be keeping tension and contracting the muscle .
    A set is just that, a set of repetitions performed in a row. The ideal rep range is to pick a weight that allows you to go to muscular failure in 10-12 reps your first set. You will notice that each more set you do, the less weight you can handle, usually 2 reps less, so your rep scheme would look something like this:
    1st set-12 reps
    2nd set-10 reps
    3rd set-8 reps
    4th set-6 reps
    I am a firm beliver in going to complete muscular failure every set and holding it there as long as you can.
    Going to failure is absolutly neccessary for maximum stimulation in my opinion. The last set is where the bulk of damage comes from so it is important to apply maximum intensity and completely destroy your muscles.
    A split is simply how many days it takes you to train your entire body, and what bodyparts you train each of those days. Some people recover better than others, but the perfect split for me, personally is traing monday-friday and taking the weekend off for rest. I train my back muscles on monday, legs on tuesday, chest on wednesday, arms on thursday, shoulders and traps on friday, and throwing in abdominals twice a week. again, this is efficent and works for me, and may not be to your preference. You must find out what works for you.

The Pump, Workout Time and Progressive Resistance
    One of the greatest sensations in bodybuilding, and a resourceful tool is something known as the "pump".
    When you lift weights, blood is flows through your muscles, but there is no equal force flowing it out, so as a result you puff up with blood and your muscles appear much larger and fuller. This effect is usually felt after 4-5 sets. The pump is also used as a great tool. Just as I mentioned above, how your muscle get pumped with blood, this ensures that the nutrients you eat will remain in the paticular muscle you trained because there is no eqaul force pumping blood out of the muscle. The pump is a great feeling and makes you appear much larger than normal and boosts your confidence greatly.
    Workouts should last no more than an hour, your body will most likley enter catabolism and start to break down muscle tissue to be used for energy, depending on your pre-workout meal. You should find that if you don't socialize when you go to the gym that 45 minute training sessions are sufficient work, depending on your split.
    The human body is downright amazing and can adapt to many things, one of these things being the resistance of weight. Several days after a wokout, your muscles will recover(provided that you have a good nutrition and recovery plan in place), grow back bigger and stronger. So do you use the same weight again? Hell no! Add 2 1/2 or 5lbs to the bar and with maximum effort you should be able to perform the same rep scheme as the previos workout, this is progressive resistance. I add 2 1/2lbs every workout session but that's what my body can handle. You nedd to find out what works for you. If you can add 5lbs and still keep the same rep scheme than good for you, you will be lifting very heavy poundages in no time.

Intensity and the Weider Principles, Plateaus, Machines vs. Freeweights:

Intensity is defined as the amount of effort you put into lifting a weight and bringing it past the point of failure effectivly to stimulate as much muscle damage as possible. Some principles you can use to raise the level of intensity in your workouts are the following:

Strip Setting- This method involves going to muscular failure with one weight, and than picking up a weight
    5 or 10lbs ligther.

Effective Range of Motion- Keeping the reps just out of full contraction and extension to make sure the stress dosen't shift from the muscle to the joint.

Decreasing Rest Between Sets- Self explanitory.

Super Setting- Performing one 2 exersizes in a row with little or no rest.

Pre Exhastion- Performing an isolation exersize to fatigue a specific muscle before performing a compound movement that involves that same muscle.

Forced Reps- Having a training partner assist you with lifting a weight after muscular failure.

The list goes on, you can even try to create your own if you like. These little workout intensity boosters make sure you stimulate all avalibe muscle fiber.
    I mentioned before that a muscle can adapt to progressive resistance, but what is the same training pattern and/or amount of weight is used over and over again? Eventually your muscles will stop responding to your training. This is commonly known as a "plateau". This is when you need to send a different message to the muscle. You must confuse the muscle and allow it to start growing again by doing something different. Maybe a different intensity principle, or just doing your entire split backwards, these are examples of variations that can help you break through a plateau and acheive new growth.
    The old machine vs. freeweight debate. In my opinion, dumbells and barbells, weights that aren't connceted to a track or locked in a position should be used whenever possible. You will get your best gains from free weights because with machines you don't have to use muscles to stabilize the weight because is is set into a track of motion. However, you can't get full development of some bodyparts without a machine, so sometimes they are neccessary.

Well there you have it, the 3 golden rules of muscle growth. My future articles will focus on specific muscle groups and nutritional practices. I hope you have learned alot and are on your way to being a full fleged bodybuilder.
    -Sean Quade
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CHCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is a good article for beginners, so I am bumping this.

tahir590 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is the best to keep fit the body.

yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yondoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yo acabo de recibir un paquete de Vvbrand de unos 400 euros , me lo separo en tres paquetes. La calidad de la ropa para mi es bastante bueno , lo de las tallas yo uso una M y me he pedido todo L, tanto abercrombie, ralph,gstar,calvin klein…. y la verdad que todo perfecto , si hubiera cogido una menos todo pequeño, no se es mi primera experiencia con esta tienda y la verdad que todo ha sido perfecto. Vvbrand.es Os animo a comprar kael esta al tanto de todo, te manda numeros de seguimiento de todos los paquetes y las prendas que hay en cada paquete, bueno este ha sido me granito de arena para aquelllos que estan indecisos

Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50) Malvenx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice overview of what you need to know