Thread: my diet?

matheul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my diet?

So, I'm Pretty happy with my diet, but I'm not an expert by any means. it would be great if someone can go over my diet and tell me if i need any tweaks. also I do get headaches sometimes and some days I have a mental haze.
    There is a 2-4 hour time gap between meals, first Breakfast, then a protein shake, lunch, another shake, dinner, another shake, then before bed pineapples and cottage cheese. occasionally I'll eat a hand full of nuts or something like that.

I'm 5'8" and I weigh 165-170, my scale is dead so I'm not certain. I'm not going tonlie and say I have 10% body fat either lol.

diet 1.jpeg
    diet2.jpeg
    diet3.jpeg
    Diet4.jpeg
    diet5.jpg
    diet6.jpg
    Last edited by matheul; 08-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.

PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is your current goal? Lose fat?gain muscle?

Why is your carb intake so low? Personally I would lower fats, and increase carbohydrate intake. Maybe even drop protein intake a bit. Also, your fiber intake is quite low as well.

Originally Posted by PerezEddie View Post
    What is your current goal? Lose fat?gain muscle?

Why is your carb intake so low? Personally I would lower fats, and increase carbohydrate intake. Maybe even drop protein intake a bit. Also, your fiber intake is quite low as well.
    If I can be honest I haven't quite decided yet, I was leaning towards recomp, but either way I have a lot more body fat than I used to. I am leaning on more of a keto style diet. Wow I didn't even think about my fiber. My protein has probiotics in it, and the only time I suppliment fiber is to help me use the bathroom, so the probiotics eliminated my need for fiber.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    80g of carbs???
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    80g of carbs???
    Yea, like I said earlier, I was leaning on more of a ketogenic diet.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's your TDEE?

What are the macros of your diet?

PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by matheul View Post
    If I can be honest I haven't quite decided yet, I was leaning towards recomp, but either way I have a lot more body fat than I used to. I am leaning on more of a keto style diet. Wow I didn't even think about my fiber. My protein has probiotics in it, and the only time I suppliment fiber is to help me use the bathroom, so the probiotics eliminated my need for fiber.

80g of carbs is not ketogenic. But you do know there is no difference in fat loss compared to a normal high protein moderate carb diet. Also, your sodium/potassium ratio is out of whack.

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea, like I said earlier, I was leaning on more of a ketogenic diet.
    If your new to eating a lower carb diet, you might take some time for your body to adjust, thus headaches and mental fog. I would give it a few weeks at this level of carbs and see how you feel. I would also increase your fats and lower the protein to help with energy.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    What's your TDEE?

What are the macros of your diet?
    I'm pretty sure my pictures show the macros, but the break down is:

810 calories from fat
    948 calories from protein
    320 calories from carbs

My TDEE is around 2080, I don't exercise I've been trying to get my diet right, but I stand and am walking around all day, I'm a sales person.

Originally Posted by PerezEddie View Post
    80g of carbs is not ketogenic. But you do know there is no difference in fat loss compared to a normal high protein moderate carb diet. Also, your sodium/potassium ratio is out of whack.
    I didn't pay much attention to the ratio, also o usually cook my own chicken breast, but because of money and circumstances I had to resort to buying canned chicken. So my sodium is usually a lot lower.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The 80 gram carbs might make you go in and out of ketosis, which could be causing the mental fog and head aches.

Might be better to go for proper ketosis (<~50 gram carbs) or stay out of ketosis (>~100 grams).

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So, I'm Pretty happy with my diet, but I'm not an expert by any means. it would be great if someone can go over my diet and tell me if i need any tweaks. also I do get headaches sometimes and some days I have a mental haze.
    There is a 2-4 hour time gap between meals, first Breakfast, then a protein shake, lunch, another shake, dinner, another shake, then before bed pineapples and cottage cheese. occasionally I'll eat a hand full of nuts or something like that.

I'm 5'8" and I weigh 165-170, my scale is dead so I'm not certain. I'm not going tonlie and say I have 10% body fat either lol.

Attachment 7188501
    Attachment 7188511
    Attachment 7188521
    Attachment 7188531
    Attachment 7188541
    Attachment 7188551
    That is a good mix of food and protein supplements. Personally, I would add a multivitamin and fish oil supplements to it. Check out the "Bodybuilding Foundation Series" stack, it includes whey and casein protein powders including a multivitamin and fish oil supplements here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bo...ced-stack.html .

Good luck!
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

I actually already take animal pak, but I was looking to drop the fish add fish oils and add a different meal, maybe beef.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    The 80 gram carbs might make you go in and out of ketosis, which could be causing the mental fog and head aches.

Might be better to go for proper ketosis (<~50 gram carbs) or stay out of ketosis (>~100 grams)
    Thank you for the link it was very helpful and informative. Also, I'm currently not working out, I'm still trying to iron out the diet part. Once I start working out I intend to run in the morning after a cup of coffee on an empty stomach. I will eat half a sweat potatoe and a protein shake 45 minutes before working out. Post workout I plan on having a protein shake and Karbolyn but not a full serving. I don't plan on having a shake after every meal I will be shifting the meals forward and eating dinner after I workout.

I was also thinking of eliminating the pineapple/cottage cheese before bed and start taking half a scoop of casein and some joint supplements before bed.

I also have intentionally been leaninf towards a salty diet because the slow progression is motivating for me, it makes me think there isn't room to slack being that the sodium is pulling a lot of water weight.