wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)

Back on the grind.

Well, I moved back home from spending a few years of my life traveling the world. Mostly, I spent my time living in Brazil where I was hoping to prep for a fight, but I injured my back pretty severely lifting weights like an idiot without warming up.. having that corrected for the most part I need to get back in action. Nearing my 35th birthday, it's pretty much deadline for living the way I would like, experiencing what I would like in the sporting world. I need to take the weight down to pre-injury status and get my ass competing.

I need to log my progress here to hopefully inspire myself and others, do some thing no one would expect of me and have a good time doing so.

Starting my log up first thing in the morning with some training and diet.

Cheers

-J
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gota plan laid out, got a BJJ gym now, an alliance affiliate here. Everything is in motion. I have lost about 25% of what I need to lose as far as body weight in the past few weeks also. Things will be pretty boring til wed, when i start training. Made an appointment to sign up, but im excited.

Today was just hitting the weights, a recovery hike. Tomorrow will be the same, some mobility and drills on my own, waiting for wed to roll in.

today...speed work/upper

50 reps row
    floor press. speed singles up to 260
    BN push press 3x3, light
    med ball chest pass 3x5
    pause cgbp 2x3, 1x10/225
    recovery cardio
    incline, pushdowns,raises

stretch in the sauna

bounced

Well I got my ++++ pushed in a bit at a marcelo garcia gym tonight... these guys are definitely animals. Neck is sore, legs sore... but feeling good! I am even starting to look less ugly lately from the weight loss.

More cardio and training tomorrow! Bring it

yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fuark brah mirin, keep up the hard work and dont let father time slow you down!!

Originally Posted by yudodistome View Post
    fuark brah mirin, keep up the hard work and dont let father time slow you down!!
    NO way... I got a few years yet for that haha.

So... this weekend was my birthday weekend and having just returned home from Brazil, i had tos pend it with friends and fam. Back to BJJ monday, looking for a boxing place and hitting the mma gym up wed... but i didnt neglect my training and at least burned some fat and got stronger...

did some upper speed friday and lower speed work yesterday along with a full body weight circuit. Today is just some light and easy... hitting the MG gym tomorrow afternoon and my cookout at night! Along with solidifying some plans.

hpoe everyone is doin alright!

Grabbed an hour hike to warm up on a mountain near me then vamos for the MG gym...

hit the fundamentals class, did some basic sweeps then live rolling for 20
    stayed for advanced and open mat...same **** but much harder rolling and a harder warm up as well.

almost vomited, which i am proud of.. endurance will come.

hittin the hay... deads and more bjj tomorrow. GOnna start a striking class soon

sore and have a lil tendonitis... I am about to go hit NOGI and advanced class

First hit the gym and did some DE upper training
    hang clean ladder up to 180 on the minute, just easy, warm up
    floor press doubles up to 275
    light bench 3x3/225
    med ball chest slam superset with rows - 5 sets
    strict press 3x3
    face pulls 5x15

then hit a hike for over an hour... grabbed some protein and bananas and heading to BJJ

ahh boring as far as logging is concerned. I am going to spend the weekend doing strength work/ some conditioning, weight loss and studying tech.. hittin bjj fresh on monday

Today... lower (all my lower is speed work im still healinga disc)
    light sumo deads 250 10x1, light rack pulls 3x5/295
    Heavy rows 5x5
    light squats 225 6x2
    Jump squats 5x3/95
    weighted hypers 3x8 SS with med ball slams 5x5
    rev hypers 60 bodyweight
    side bends 3x10
    hip machine 3x10/speed, 1x reps

sauna to relax and stretch, 60min hike.

I didnt sleep much before work... so i took some of it easy

take care kids

yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50) yudodistome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    your putting in a solid effort mate. keep up the good work are you planning to fight soon?

superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superamped is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    great stuff, stay fresh

L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000) L3MONz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey man, keep bumping this thread up. Nothing inspires me more than seeing the words "back on the grind" at the top of this sub forum. I'm going to just say that this is my favorite phrase ever and whenever I see it I have this sudden desire to get back on the grind and achieve greatness. Keep going brah.

Did some traveling this week so things were a bit slow. But there are people i havent seen yet since returning from Brazil... but i kept doing conditioning, strength work lost more weight and am prepped for the coming week. My back is also becoming more stable, I did 10 sets of paused singles with 250 on the squat today... not a lot of weight, but no pain.

Thank you for the encouragements.

Bjj, strength, conditioning, dieting and some boxing next week.

Assistant coach asked me if i wanted to do the IBJJF NY open, but i think if I do I will hit the boston.

Have a good week kids.

Originally Posted by yudodistome View Post
    your putting in a solid effort mate. keep up the good work are you planning to fight soon?
    '

Yes, this year... that clock mang

just on them weights today

speed "spoto press" (very close grip bench paused a second or two an inch from chest) worked up to 265x2 just for speed.
    med ball chest press slams supersetted with band rows 5 sets
    speed push press up to 185
    DB press 3x5
    various extensions ss with band flyes
    band pressdowns
    rear delt

90"hike, some sprints up hills.

back to the skill work tomorrow!

Lower body and bjj, studying day..

Im focusing on grappling now, because striking is way more natural feeling to me... but im going to box 2x weekly for now.

light pulls (still taking it easy on back)
    3x3 135 + band, 3x1 185 + band... then worked my way up to 275 speed pull
    light pin squat... worked my way to 275x3
    rows... 3x3 heavy
    band good mornings 3x10, med ball slams 3x3
    reverse hypers 3x15
    side bends 3x10
    light leg ext 5x10

walked out my legs for 45"

off to MG BJJ

Jits past couple nights... my day went as follows.

work till almost four starting before 7, walk to warm up, drive... 2.5h of mostly rolling.

now sleep lol

After some better rolling sessions this week and working out in nearly 100 degree weather, 90%+ humidity THEN afterwards going to class and or the gym I got a little sick. NOthing major, but im just killing the weights today... continuing upward momentum! I am showing some pretty decent results in my cut also, plus im stronger so no complaints

today is as follows.
    speed bench, maybe circa max.. just a double heavy enough it starts to get slower.
    med ball slams 8x3
    light push jerks 5x2
    Db press or dips
    face pulls 5x15
    extensions 5 sets
    shoulder prehab complex: high rep pull overs, pull aparts, light pushdowns for elbows, light curls also
    waist twist 3x20
    neck sides..

WORK till 11pm, catching the machida fight, studying another tech move and sleep, Legs, cardio and technique tomorrow!
    Last edited by wanaBsedated; 07-05-2014 at 08:36 AM.

havin a hard time balancing work and training... i got stuck doing a lot of work outdoors again this week.. 90+ 90%+ humidity and going to BJJ directly after my shift.. doing it though, but I had to reduce other things this past week...namely weight training volume. GOnna just stick to the bare essentials with that for example squatterday today...

light hip cleans up to 185
    speed squats from dead stop up to 280, pause squats 3x3/225
    very light good mornings 3x5
    ab circuit - swings x15, med ball slams, knee tucks, side bends, hypers
    light leg curls

so just some moderate work and prehab basically... tomorrow ill hit the bag and soon a bench day, resuming class next week

weight training and a semi day off...

Did bench work justs peed singles
    explosive push press
    prehab circuit: facepulls, pushdowns, cable flyes 4x15
    waist twists 3x15
    side neck

then i took myself to the beach and clammed for 5 hours! about as intense as hiking, good day off and great dinner. Caught about 30 pounds or so and some blue crab

weight cut is showing big results also... got some delt definition now, less boobage.

GOnna go over some technical stuff tomorrow and get ready for the week