transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Most effective cheat foods

Hi guys, I was wondering for those of you that do "cheat" meals, if you have any advice through experience, of which foods work best for you.
    Also, how do you go about it in terms of when do you have it and how much to have to optimise the best results.

Cheers in advance
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aussieangie View Post
    Hi guys, I was wondering for those of you that do "cheat" meals, if you have any advice through experience, of which foods work best for you.
    Also, how do you go about it in terms of when do you have it and how much to have to optimise the best results.

Cheers in advance
    NASM CPT

aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    LOL Id pass out if I ate that much. That food is making me hungry big time.
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NutritionKing is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    salad with ranch dressing
    48oz ribeye steak
    potato
    asparagus
    and a big slice of homemade chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting heated to perfection with 2 scoops vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on top.

Its effectiveness is in how happy it makes NutritionKing.

latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100) latex55 is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile

The rock talked about that on Leno after it happened and he said it wasn't real. He said he took the pics and ate about 1 pizza and some pancakes and brownies, but def not even half of what was pictured

That's impossible and like 30000 calories

J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Realistically, you don't really NEED to cheat, in my book cheating is basically eating far more than your caloric goals for the day, or just throwing the goals out the window and not tracking them. If you have a craving for a "cheat" food, eat it in moderation and fit it into your daily caloric goals.

If you are talking an all out bender.................I am going with all you can eat sushi, or an entire jar of
    NASM CPT

48oz ribeye steak? 0.0 that wouldnt be pretty the day after!

Originally Posted by NutritionKing View Post
    salad with ranch dressing
    48oz ribeye steak
    potato
    asparagus
    and a big slice of homemade chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting heated to perfection with 2 scoops vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup on top.

Its effectiveness is in how happy it makes NutritionKing.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

i understand what you mean. I have a specific diet for training days and then low cal for my days off so I eat this way day in day out. Im feeling like I need to refuel my body due to lack of energy and strength.

Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    Realistically, you don't really NEED to cheat, in my book cheating is basically eating far more than your caloric goals for the day, or just throwing the goals out the window and not tracking them. If you have a craving for a "cheat" food, eat it in moderation and fit it into your daily caloric goals.

If you are talking an all out bender.................I am going with all you can eat sushi, or an entire jar of
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sorry, do you mean a cheat meal? A cheat day? As a "cheat food" can be incorporated into your meal planning daily. Everyone has a different idea of what a "cheat meal/food/day".
    For me, I can't help myself, I incorporate a high protein chocolate pudding(honey used as sweetener) every night for desert, that is me though.
    “We didn’t find any reason to rush to the locker room and do that whey dextrose slammer, after your last set of squat rack curls.” Alan Aragon

Current PRs:
    Deadlift 210kg
    Squat 190kg
    Bench 120kg

Hi, no I mean replacing one of my meals ( preferably last meal) with a high calorie meal. Not adding cheat food into my current diet.

Originally Posted by mrzeusone View Post
    I'm sorry, do you mean a cheat meal? A cheat day? As a "cheat food" can be incorporated into your meal planning daily. Everyone has a different idea of what a "cheat meal/food/day".
    For me, I can't help myself, I incorporate a high protein chocolate pudding(honey used as sweetener) every night for desert, that is me though.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That confused me even further. So you want to add a meal that is high in calories? The simple answer would be eat a high calorie meal anytime of the day, providing you stay in your desired calorie intake for the day.
    I prefer to have a high calorie meal for dinner, as I train on a empty stomach the morning after with out a pre-workout supplement/meal, time does not allow the digestion of food, and I steer clear of pre-workouts besides creatine.
    “We didn’t find any reason to rush to the locker room and do that whey dextrose slammer, after your last set of squat rack curls.” Alan Aragon

Current PRs:
    Deadlift 210kg
    Squat 190kg
    Bench 120kg

mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000) mandm001 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A healthy cheat meal would basically be eat what you normally eat just add more slow digestive carbs such as sweet potatoes to replenish dat dem der glycogen storage.

thanks heaps for your answers. On my non training days, I have no complex carbs, only fibrous and I have 2 consecutive days off as written by my previous trainer. in the days, my cals are way lower than that of my training day meals. I think adding in a higher amount than my regular macros of complex carbs would be a better way of going about it, then maybe a small " healthier" treat if I am up to it at the end.

Originally Posted by mandm001 View Post
    A healthy cheat meal would basically be eat what you normally eat just add more slow digestive carbs such as sweet potatoes to replenish dat dem der glycogen storage.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    If you are looking to refeed choose carbs low in sugar and minimal fat
    bread
    oats
    potatoes
    rice
    low sugar cereal
    pasta
    low fat pancakes with SF syrup
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    If you are looking to refeed choose carbs low in sugar and minimal fat
    bread
    oats
    potatoes
    rice
    low sugar cereal
    pasta
    low fat pancakes with SF syrup
    Ok thanks heaps. That's what I wanted to hear.
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This thread confuses me.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

I basically realize I need a re feed rather than a cheat meal. I'm eating low carb so I'm needing to refuel myself with more complex. I was told a cheat meal but I think if I do a typical cheat I'd be fallen back. Best to do a re feed meal
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I basically realize I need a re feed rather than a cheat meal. I'm eating low carb so I'm needing to refuel myself with more complex. I was told a cheat meal but I think if I do a typical cheat I'd be fallen back. Best to do a re feed meal
    Fallen back? I have no idea what you mean.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

I would be going backwards rather than forwards. I appreciate the replies. Thanks
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sometimes I hide my cards behind a gigantic cotton candy (fairy floss) while I cheat at poker.

You could substitute any ridiculously large food really. The key is being conspicuous if you don't have slight of hand mastered.

I'm out of any other ideas, maybe email Ben Johnson.

And by that I mean read the stickies.
    Last edited by Haveboards; 05-24-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Originally Posted by Haveboards View Post
    Sometimes I hide my cards behind a gigantic candy cotton (fairy floss) while I cheat at poker.

You could substitute any ridiculously large food really. The key is being conspicuous if you don't have slight of hand mastered.

I'm out of any other ideas, maybe email Ben Johnson.
    I'm sorry but who's Ben Johnson?
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

I would be going backwards rather than forwards. I appreciate the replies. Thanks
    I still don't understand.
    Going back... How?

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I still don't understand.
    Going back... How?
    Never mind it's all good
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

Never mind it's all good
    I'd love to see an explanation.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I'd love to see an explanation.
    I've worked hard to get to where I am from my past.. So I don't want to go backwards, only forward. That's what I mean
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PanosZag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheers in advance
    I have come up with some recipes of my own for cheat meals (they taste good and don't compromise your nutrition.

I always try to eat something that I would like if I was not on a certain nutritional plan, but if it is rich in sugar (like an ice cream) I try to replace it with something with an equal taste, but healthier. For example, you can throw a banana in the freezer, let it freeze well, and then take it out, slice it and throw it in the mixer along with 2-3 spoonfuls of milk. And there you have it: A super - delicious banana ice cream with no sugar.
    I also have a recipe that tastes like pancakes, and can be done in two minutes. All you need is an egg white, oats, and again 2 spoonfuls of milk. You put them in an already heated frying pan and wait until the white becomes solid. Then you just turn them upside down and leave them for 30 seconds. If you add honey to this "oat-pancake", pancake is no superior to it. (Plus, this recipe has a REALLY HIGH amount of protein, and also some good carbs).
    But if you're still craving for real junk food or real sugar, then just go for it. Many pros who I know do that every 7 days.
    Last edited by PanosZag; 05-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Originally Posted by PanosZag View Post
    I have come up with some recipes of my own for cheat meals (they taste good and don't compromise your nutrition.

I always try to eat something that I would like if I was not on a certain nutritional plan, but if it is rich in sugar (like an ice cream) I try to replace it with something with an equal taste, but healthier. For example, you can throw a banana in the freezer, let it freeze well, and then take it out, slice it and throw it in the mixer along with 2-3 spoonfuls of milk. And there you have it: A super - delicious banana ice cream with no sugar.
    I also have a recipe that tastes like pancakes, and can be done in two minutes. All you need is an egg white, oats, and again 2 spoonfuls of milk. You put them in an already heated frying pan and wait until the white becomes solid. Then you just turn them upside down and leave them for 30 seconds. If you add honey to this "oat-pancake", pancake is no superior to it. (Plus, this recipe has a REALLY HIGH amount of protein, and also some good carbs).
    But if you're still craving for real junk food or real sugar, then just go for it. Many pros who I know do that every 7 days.
    Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I do those things already. I make my own sludges, soufflés etc. I eat low cal so once a week I need to re fuel. Thanks again
    Angie....
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I do those things already. I make my own sludges, soufflés etc. I eat low cal so once a week I need to re fuel. Thanks again
    Sludge is a cheat meal?

ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ProCanada has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    half pound of smoked salmon, with salted crackers and cream cheese.

Its actually good for the macros. Expensive, and high in sodium.