Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000) PieEyedPiper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tothemaxwell View Post
    weed is better in terms of killing your natural test production and getting fat.
    Completely unfounded statement.
    Absolutely untrue.
    Originally Posted by jasonw86

I've been taking nolva from a friend now at 40mg a week and was gonna do the 40/40/20/20 thing. But my nipple is still leaking something.
    BTW, we're not gay or anything, we just get bored when our girlfriends are gone and mess around with each other some. A lot of guys do it.

KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000) KPipes0683 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LordGryn View Post
    relax and enjoy - that is some advice ill take with pleasure

hahaha and good point about some of the boys not being of legal age (im 20 but i live in Europe!!)

I guess a lot of it has to do with how far you want to take your bodybuilding too. I used to party on the weekends from 17-22, but then it just got old and pointless. It was like why the hell am I doing this? I train too damn hard and eat too good to go F it all up with drinking alcohol. Once I stopped drinking, the progress I began to make and am still making will never let me go back. I still made gains when I drank, but no where near what they could've been. This is just what I want out of bodybuilding, I want to be the best that I can possibly be. Sure I might go out a night a week, but I don't have a drop of alcohol. It just does too many negative things to the hard working bodybuilder. Anyways though, to answer the question the other's posts pretty much gave you some goods...keep that water intake up, and what I always did was downed a protein drink as soon as I was done drinking.

pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pphilly51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    **** it just smoke crack your way better off....wtf

drink more water than usual you will be all set. it wont have any negative affect if you keep water uptake higher than usual and if your getting wasted dont take creatine until you can control drinking if its one night drink it up no biggie. good luck brother
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
    -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Lift Hard Get Big Be Happy

The Flying Scotsman tothemaxwell's Avatar
    tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tothemaxwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    even though weed is not not jsut a bunch of empty calories? hell when was the last time someone got stoned ****ed some skank and caught an STD? or got stoned and drove off the road and totaled their car driving into a tree at 100mph?
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...y=38100&page=2

I'm not defending the misuse of alcohol.
    build a better machine

jaw_belize has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what if u drink consistently every night. like 1-2 beers a night, but almost everynight..?

matt.mcginty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine & Alcohol

Interesting points -

I'm relatively new to body building having just taken it up seriously at the beginning of this year. Always been scrawny with a metabolism that'll burn off the biggest meal just walking up a flight of stairs.

Having taken a break from any supplementation at all I have just started on the creatine loading phase this week and got pretty drunk on a couple of occassions. From what I've read of protein synthesis it seems that this will essentially counter any positive effects the creatine may have had - not to mention put extra strain on live/kidneys already felt from creatine supplementation alone?

Anyone had really successful weight gain on creatine, just started the course and have been 61-2kg for the last year and nothing seems to help me put the mass on!

More importantly... do I really have to cut out alcohol completely to see any positive results?!
    Last edited by matt.mcginty; 08-07-2008 at 06:02 AM.

CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CodyK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by biggysmalls324 View Post
    haha i love when people say grow up and cut alcohol out because your gains are gonna be hindered real bad. Yes your gains will be effected but very slightly. When i go out to eat i always see 240lb bodybuilder guys getting smashed at the bars doesn't seem to mess up their gains. On friday night i had half a bottle of brandy while on creatine. Before going to bed i drank 1 liter of water and my night shake. Every time i drink i make sure to bring a couple bags of peanuts with me and eat them throughout the night. When I woke up in the morning i was the same weight that my morning weight was the last morning. Just portion your alcohol with water and it will hardly effect any gains.
    +1 I've tried to cut back drinking as well. I try to just drink one night on the weekend and knock back 6 beers. I was thinking the same thing I see huge guys drinking at the bar all the time and they don't seem to be worried.

scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scherzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it isn't so bad if you limit your drinks just to beer and pace yourself. The great thing about beer is that it has a low amount of alcohol compared to water. As long as you aren't slamming them and giving your body a change to metabolize the alcohol as fast or faster than you're consuming it. So it's better to drink light beer because your body can spend more time burning the calories from the alcohol instead of the grain, or "liquid bread", as I like to call it. Definitely stay away from shots, bombs and mixed drinks.
    Check out my Body Blog at:
    http://blog.bodybuilding.com/scherzo/
    It documents my ongoing progress on Rippetoe's Starting Strength routine as written by kethnaab.

solidmofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    two years ago i didnt drink for a full year even getting pressured by my friends who get wasted once or twice a week... it was tough to stay away but i did. my gains were huge. now having been in the gym and following the same routine and drinking every weekend my gains are not nearly as noticable im more less maintaining... going one step forward during the week and then takin one step back on the weekend... stupid? yes. i know

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by solidmofo View Post
    two years ago i didnt drink for a full year even getting pressured by my friends who get wasted once or twice a week... it was tough to stay away but i did. my gains were huge. now having been in the gym and following the same routine and drinking every weekend my gains are not nearly as noticable im more less maintaining... going one step forward during the week and then takin one step back on the weekend... stupid? yes. i know
    a. nice bump
    2. your cerum CP levels will still be boosted regardless of alcohol consumption and therefore shouldn't be a burden. You're just making excuses.

ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000) ljd15 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by solidmofo View Post
    i'm in yr position that you were in a year ago. sucks to say no to yr friends =(

pkapoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

you are a douche

Originally Posted by NaturaLPumP View Post
    Not a good idea, unless your gonna drink " lots " of water at the same time you drink the excessive alcohol. Other wise you will cramp up like a mother fcker. If your only drinking once in a while just skip the creatine that day. But if your a weekend warrior you might as well just not take it, or anything else for that matter until you can grow the fck up.

"until you can grow the fck up"... grow a dick you ***got.

Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scartaris is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pkapoun View Post
    "until you can grow the fck up"... grow a dick you ***got.
    Strong first post.

Common Sense O Meter microsuede's Avatar
    microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000) microsuede is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just took 5g of creatine with 50g of protien and 2 glasses of water, planning to have 2 beers max tonight... Looking cut. Had drinks last sat night too many felt like **** next day. Besides that been staying away from alcohol.
    Black Crew
    Financial Engineering Crew
    Stop Being a xxxxx Crew

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Not a good idea, unless your gonna drink " lots " of water at the same time you drink the excessive alcohol. Other wise you will cramp up like a mother fcker. If your only drinking once in a while just skip the creatine that day. But if your a weekend warrior you might as well just not take it, or anything else for that matter until you can grow the fck up.
    You won't cramp up like a mother****er. I drink once a week and I take Creatine. People will say you can't drink etc - if you lift bc you love lifting and to stay in shape enjoy your life go out and catch a buzz haw fun. Weight lifting isn't my life so I balance things out. Now if you compete you should probably count all the carbs and watch all bad stuff etc. Alcohol dehydrates you so you will be thirsty day after but I drink over a gallon daily anyways. Probably two after a night of beers

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I see so much dumb stuff on the internet. Wow. If you go out and drink once a week it doesn't mess up all your gains that week. It doesn't kill your natural test levels. If you drink heavy daily alcohol isn't good. Don't be afraid to lift hard and enjoy a night out. Actually I have my best workouts 2 days after drinking. Again if your a roid user your livelihood depends on looks & bodybuilders that's different. Test levels come right back up for most people after that night and next day.

Originally Posted by jaw_belize View Post
    what if u drink consistently every night. like 1-2 beers a night, but almost everynight..?
    Then u will never catch a buzz lol.

Originally Posted by CodyK7 View Post
    +1 I've tried to cut back drinking as well. I try to just drink one night on the weekend and knock back 6 beers. I was thinking the same thing I see huge guys drinking at the bar all the time and they don't seem to be worried.
    Exactly actually I've made biggest gains when I have good amount of drinks once a week. It doesn't kill your hard work like so many believe. Depends how far you wanna take it I agree. I need balance in my life.

Tkrause22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Weekend warrior"

All I'm saying is that I'm in college and this weekend warrior sh*t is stupid. If you're young and want to get drunk or tipsy you're not in the wrong. Also pointing out that I drink, and by drink I mean usually blacking out or close to it, 3 times a week and still have a pretty solid physique. Train hard and eat right and a beer isn't going to kill you. Yea pride on your body, but live a little.

sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sglass180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some of you guys are ridiculous. A night of drinking every now and then won't screw you up, let alone hinder the efficacy of creatine.
    Do you ever wanna, like, look at a chick and just bare your teeth?

kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kobraman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just today never again Im hungover, dehydrated, sore and to make matters wore I take a multi creatine which has creatine ethyl ester so the creatine goes in your blood stream but the by product is ethanol so I dont know if it makes you more drunker but I wasn't sobering up at work today but Im about to down a gallon of Gatorade to hydrate and restore my electrolytes lost form alcohol. once I got drunk and took creatine & weight gainer because I had to go to work the next day that was an epic fail a ni**a puked at work that was embarrassing as F**k

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kobraman View Post
    I just today never again Im hungover, dehydrated, sore and to make matters wore I take a multi creatine which has creatine ethyl ester so the creatine goes in your blood stream but the by product is ethanol so I dont know if it makes you more drunker but I wasn't sobering up at work today but Im about to down a gallon of Gatorade to hydrate and restore my electrolytes lost form alcohol. once I got drunk and took creatine & weight gainer because I had to go to work the next day that was an epic fail a ni**a puked at work that was embarrassing as F**k
    7 years later....
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

reg2285 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ha! A bit easier to say when you live in Beaver Falls, PA, a town of 8k. I wouldn't go out on weekends there either, just not worth it... Taking yourself a bit too seriously bud.

Head Manlet In Charge LiftingLando's Avatar
    LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LiftingLando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread and its bump qualities. Goodness people.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/man/man.htm
    www.mansports.com

DSC -- North Carolina Chapter

Harley Davidson Enthusiast and Semi-Pro Wannabe Bowler
    -- Creatine 5g/day, 6.78g Canadian --

sheddp5020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take creatine every day and drink excessively like 3 days a week. I'm in college and 21 haha. I have been doing it for 3 years and don't notice a difference, just drink water obviously!

sheddp5020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tkrause22 View Post
    All I'm saying is that I'm in college and this weekend warrior sh*t is stupid. If you're young and want to get drunk or tipsy you're not in the wrong. Also pointing out that I drink, and by drink I mean usually blacking out or close to it, 3 times a week and still have a pretty solid physique. Train hard and eat right and a beer isn't going to kill you. Yea pride on your body, but live a little.
    same

_Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _Aggression_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're an excessive drinker [alcoholic], then you shouldn't be taking creatine. If you go out on occasion and drink with friends and have a little too much once in a while, then don't even worry about it. I didn't read the responses in this thread prior to posting out of laziness. So if this was already addressed, oh well.
    Best Meet Lifts:
    SQ: 460 (sleeves)
    BP: 350
    DL: 510
    Total: 1300 (242 wrapped)

"I refuse to tip-toe through life, only to arrive safely at death"

www.animalpak.com

grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) grungyMTL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by biggysmalls324 View Post
    haha i love when people say grow up and cut alcohol out because your gains are gonna be hindered real bad. Yes your gains will be effected but very slightly. When i go out to eat i always see 240lb bodybuilder guys getting smashed at the bars doesn't seem to mess up their gains. On friday night i had half a bottle of brandy while on creatine. Before going to bed i drank 1 liter of water and my night shake. Every time i drink i make sure to bring a couple bags of peanuts with me and eat them throughout the night. When I woke up in the morning i was the same weight that my morning weight was the last morning. Just portion your alcohol with water and it will hardly effect any gains.
    Why would you have to bring bags of peanuts with you ? I am curious to know. Thank you.