Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000)

Strength training with PPL?

I'm currently doing LPP (Legs, Push, Pull)
    I'm seeing good gains but I want more strength, my lifts are very low to be honest. Was speaking to a friend and he said to do 5/3/1 with my normal routine.
    Is this alright? Will post my routine if requested and if anyone can link a good strength/5/3/1 guide, that'd be great. Currently have my eyes on this one http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112382761 the waves look a bit confusing but will do further research.
    Bosnian brah

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Strength in an individual muscle comes from building the size of that muscle.

Strength in a lift comes from neural factors (motor pathway training) - i.e. DOING that lift. And also from building the size of the muscles used in that lift.

So if PPL builds size then it will also build strength. If your aim is to improve certain lifts then include those lifts in your rotation - and be sure to do them frequently.

Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000) Adzzbroo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Strength in an individual muscle comes from building the size of that muscle.

Strength in a lift comes from neural factors (motor pathway training) - i.e. DOING that lift. And also from building the size of the muscles used in that lift.

So if PPL builds size then it will also build strength. If your aim is to improve certain lifts then include those lifts in your rotation - and be sure to do them frequently.
    Thanks for the reply man. But if I do lower reps and higher weight my strength will increase quicker, is that right? For example, I'm doing 4 sets of 8-12 of squats, my squat is going up but slowly, I know gym in general is slow but will 5/3/1/1 or something like that get me stronger quicker than 12/10/10/8 or something like that
    Bosnian brah

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Adzzbroo View Post
    Thanks for the reply man. But if I do lower reps and higher weight my strength will increase quicker, is that right? For example, I'm doing 4 sets of 8-12 of squats, my squat is going up but slowly, I know gym in general is slow but will 5/3/1/1 or something like that get me stronger quicker than 12/10/10/8 or something like that
    That will improve neural factors more quickly yes - but the extra improvement is not because of extra size. It just improves how efficienctly the brain can coordinate the muscle tissue you already have.

Improvements to neural factors also has a limit - as you approach your peak it's possible to fall back again. This is why powerlifters carefully manage how they peak in the run up to a contest.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 04-07-2014 at 12:39 AM.

JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50) JT4Rugby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5/3/1 would be a good option. However, if you want to increase strength and muscle mass this is a PPL program I made just for that: http://jacktylerperformance.com/2013...d-athleticism/
    Train like a strongman, eat like bodybuilder, mobilize like a weightlifter, and think like a powerlifter.

Coach, Rugby Player, Powerlifter.

********: www.********.com/JTFitnessPerformance

Free Program: http://jacktylerperformance.com/2014/03/22/personalised-periodisation-hybrid-muscle-and-strength-free-program/