Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Tiptoe Through the Tulips eXistenceLies's Avatar
    eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post
    bout the same age here and I'd say fuk em. No warrant no entrance.

but you're right, most would think "holy shyt" I better do what they say plus the dude
    was hammered so who really knows what any of us would do that messed up.
    Trust me. Even if the garage was on its way closing and I saw lights outside. I would continue to walk inside and go to room and sleep. Would not answer the door. They can't just bust in the house without a warrant either.
    █ ٩(�̮̮̃�̃)۶ Random Crew ٩ █
    █ 1K Club █
    █ Official Melanotan 2 Thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132097293) █
    █ PC Master Race Crew http://imgur.com/a/G4uVM & https://pcpartpicker.com/b/qmd6Mp █

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eXistenceLies View Post
    Trust me. Even if the garage was on its way closing and I saw lights outside. I would continue to walk inside and go to room and sleep. Would not answer the door. They can't just bust in the house without a warrant either.
    Same here. I don't answer the door for the police, never have.

eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eXistenceLies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by macksimus View Post
    LOL, how the hell do you get drunk on beer at 46? Tard deserves it for being a Nancy.
    He had shots/mix drinks as well.
    █ 1K Club █
    █ Official Melanotan 2 Thread (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132097293) █
    █ PC Master Race Crew http://imgur.com/a/G4uVM & https://pcpartpicker.com/b/qmd6Mp █

I am a Fat Ass (srs) iwillloseweight's Avatar
    iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iwillloseweight is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Posted on one of my car forums:

Im shocked at what he spent. I will admit when I was 20 I got a DWI. I spent a total of $2500. $1500 of that went to my lawyer. The rest were fines, probation (1 year), 24 hours community service and class fees. Seems he got it the worst. To make it even worse. I was also arrested in my driveway. They found a bottle in my car and I refused breathalyzer but did the field sobriety thinking I could pass it cause my driveway was not even at all.

Basically wanted to warn you guys and that you never know if someone follows you out of the bar to follow you home (Which I find fuked up).
    I h8 people who drink and drive but the guy costed him that money. He got home safely without any accidents and this incident could've been swept under the rug. Now he has to live with it forever. Don't drink and drive. Be safe brahs
    For the GOAT selfie thread click here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159065621&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by blkbelt42 View Post
    Same here. I don't answer the door for the police, never have.
    Only way they can walk in is if they have probable cause in which they did not. They were only told he was driving. They saw nothing.
    █ 1K Club █

Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MrSilverback View Post
    Let those without sin cast the first stone. Everyone makes mistakes. Some people pay for them, some people get lucky.

Yes it's irresponsible but I would venture to say if you asked 100 ppl if they every drank and drove, of the people who replied "no":

50% would be outright lying
    40% would think they have not but more than likely would've blown above the limit
    10% told the truth
    Definitely not suggesting i'm perfect. And i've made many a mistake. But i've never been such a person as to knowingly and willingly put the lives of others in danger just to save a few bucks and convenience. I'm also not damning impaired drivers to hell. I'm literally just saying, "i'm amazed at how irresponsible people can be."

YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50) YourDoneNow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow what a narc you got narcs in the bars and the cops waiting by the bars for the narcs but then again its his fault for driving drunk at the same time though he made it home so he was off the streets.

pretty shady if he really wanted him not to drink and drive they should have just taken his keys

yea they can and will bust in without a warrant if they saw you commit the crime on the street and followed you home

they just had a thread about it in the misc couple days ago cop went in and shot an unarmed guy in his own house without a warrant and got off scott free

DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My bro wrapped his car around a tree while he was chitfaced, just sat on the curb and didn't answer one question while they questioned him, didn't even give a name. Ended up just getting a MIC.

EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EpinephrineB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sknot1454 View Post
    Where do ya'll live?

Around here, $5000 will get you some hack who barely passed the bar out of a state school. If you have connected friends, you can probably get a good one to hook you up for that much.

The best ones in my area can range from about $7500-$8000 just for a retainer. God forbid the DA is a dick and takes it to trial.
    Damn dude that's a bit much. You in Columbia? I got a DUI in Myrtle Beach and my lawyer was $3500 there. Being the only strike on my record he was able to reduce it to a reckless driving and even had it expunged after that.

Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000) Elevorett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    Not sure about 'murica but in Canada police have 2.5 hours where they are allowed to come into your house and obtain a breathalyzer/charge you with impaired driving.
    After about 30 minutes any lawyer worth more then 25 cents an hour can get it thrown out without breaking a sweat, but due to response time an allowance is given to cops to get you.

And if you are drunk enough to warrant people calling and reporting your ass, all the power to them. One of my Ex's years ago was hit dead on by a drunk driver and killed, good buddy of mine died dec 24,2012 after being t-boned by a drunk driver doing 130 in a 60 and running a red.. He survived of course. And my best friend was hit and run by a suspected drunk driver last year on his bike.. Aprilia RSV Factory was destroyed, he has serious road rash all up his leg, broke a bunch of bones.

**** isn't a goddamn joke people.
    Sorry to hear

I've called the police probably a dozen times regarding following drunk drivers. I will follow you until the cops catch you, dead srs. Drive irresponsibly, it'll catch up to you one way or another.

bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bigmane123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lets ban drinking brahs

Originally Posted by YourDoneNow View Post
    wow what a narc you got narcs in the bars and the cops waiting by the bars for the narcs but then again its his fault for driving drunk at the same time though he made it home so he was off the streets.

pretty shady if he really wanted him not to drink and drive they should have just taken his keys

yea they can and will bust in without a warrant if they saw you commit the crime on the street and followed you home

they just had a thread about it in the misc couple days ago cop went in and shot an unarmed guy in his own house without a warrant and got off scott free
    Well thing is they didn't see him driving. He said they rolled up as he was already out of the car and the garage was closing. They can't prove he was in the car. They got an anonymous phone call saying he is possibly intoxicated and you should go to him. That person prob gave the police the plate number and the police tracked him and just so happen to roll up just in time.
    █ 1K Club █

Originally Posted by Elevorett View Post
    Sorry to hear

I've called the police probably a dozen times regarding following drunk drivers. I will follow you until the cops catch you, dead srs. Drive irresponsibly, it'll catch up to you one way or another.
    I'll admit if I saw someone swerving all over the place and I was sober. I may follow them or may even call it in.
    █ 1K Club █

I'll admit if I saw someone swerving all over the place and I was sober. I may follow them or may even call it in.
    because you have a conscience. You're thinking "this person could hurt or kill an innocent person." You're not thinking "Come on man, your home is just around the corner, you can make it!"

because you have a conscience. You're thinking "this person could hurt or kill an innocent person." You're not thinking "Come on man, your home is just around the corner, you can make it!"
    Even if I had been drinking and saw someone driving that erratically. I'd still prob call it in. It's not like I have to follow the guy. Just a location/plate number.
    █ 1K Club █

Originally Posted by HBP View Post
    If the police officer reasonably suspects that you have alcohol in your body and have driven or had care or control of a vehicle within the past 3 hours, the officer may demand:

that you do some physical sobriety tests to assess your coordination, such as walking heel-to-toe or standing on one leg; and/or
    that you take a roadside breath test by blowing into a machine called an approved screening device (ASD).

Criminal code of Canada
    That's basically how it is here in the States, but this guy supposedly said he was out of his car, in the garage while the garage was closing. He ended up opening the garage door back up. UNLESS the cop put his foot under the garage and made it open due to a safety feature.
    █ 1K Club █

Even if I had been drinking and saw someone driving that erratically. I'd still prob call it in. It's not like I have to follow the guy. Just a location/plate number.
    True.

I've been requested to follow apparent intox drivers until police arrive.

True.

I've been requested to follow apparent intox drivers until police arrive.
    What's your job?
    █ 1K Club █

Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Techriding101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eh, no remorse for how his life situation changed because of a DWI. Mine is still in shambles because of a felony drug possession of marijuana when I was 18(2 ounces) and it will probably be legal in most states by the time i get it all cleared up.

brb felon for possession of marijuana
    brb weed legal now
    brb still felony on background checks
    Free Men Don't Ask
    You Wouldn't Download a Gun
    https://ctrlpew.com/

Disclaimer: all content posted by Techriding101 is purely for roleplay purposes

BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BenD4Me is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think the best advice to give anyone about drinking and driving is that you would be surprised how little you have to drink to be .08. It literally takes 2 light beers in 30 min to put you over. And you have to not drink for like 6 hours before it goes down very much.

What's your job?
    Nothing to do with law enforcement. Just happened upon people who are apparently driving while intoxicated.

1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000) 1010101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got a DUI while I was 17, totaled my moms car. Luckily I was 17 and it was off my record when I was 18. The lawyer got the charge dropped to a traffic violation and I only had 4 alcohol classes I had to take. I still remember being coached by my lawyer before my trial and my mom shouting in court that I graduated from highschool when the judge said "I was in process of graduating" Embarrassing/10** Never drive drunk again crew**

One of my friends is always is cool with being the DD. When we are out in the city we take taxis. I actually have not been in a situation where someone needed to or considered driving drunk since I was like 18-19.
    EE

ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ClaudeGiroux is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    drinking and driving is for scum
    **Sets the thermostat in my room to 69 so they know crew**

*nutsack smells worse than raw sewage crew*

Democrats are terrorists cncman's Avatar
    cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Pathetic @ arresting him at home. Just pathetic.
    "If you don't vote for me you ain't black!" - Plantation Joe Biden

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

Nothing to do with law enforcement. Just happened upon people who are apparently driving while intoxicated.
    Ahh ok. Now I understand what you meant by you previous post.
    █ 1K Club █

NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000) NonSmoker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dixie_normus View Post
    Im not a fan of the new law here. 0.05 and youre considered drunk driving.
    brb 1 beer at family gathering and have to call a cab
    one measly beer won't get you 0.05... what are you smoking?

godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) godownfighting is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SdvsB View Post
    you didnt see my math post did you, refer to page 5
    yeah i see what you're saying but there's lots of other costs to like insurance going up, possibly losing your job or worst case someone running out in front of your car will be seen as your fault brb manslaughter charge and prison.

Originally Posted by cncman View Post
    Pathetic @ arresting him at home. Just pathetic.
    Why, because he made it home safely and shouldn't be punished for breaking the law?

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by coynemoney View Post
    Why did he say refusing breathalyzer was a mistake? I always heard even if you're stone cold sober you should refuse it? I know basically nothing about laws and I've never been pulled over just curious.
    In a lot of places refusing to cooperate is worse/ has harsher penalties. Where I live if you refuse a breathalyzer you lose your drivers license for a lot longer.

Probably not a big deal as lots of people drive without a license but it can start a downward spiral and fxck you in the long run if you get caught.

Originally Posted by Preban_AR15 View Post
    He refused the breathalyzer and we had to determine guilt on sobriety test and on what he admitted drinking. To be honest I don't know what the lawyer did for him. All he really did was ask the cop questions about his certifications.

Unless the cop was going to come out and say I lied or I'm not a certified peace officer, not sure what good he would do.
    OWI (and most court in general) has little to do with guilt/innocence and everything to do with beating the system on a technicality. An experienced officer who's good at what he does will almost NEVER lose an OWI case. At the same time someone without a lot of experience with OWI/Court will easily lose against a good defense attorney.

Originally Posted by DREAMChayser View Post
    Passed the field sobriety test high as fuk crew but still got charged with possesion so I don't smoke anymore crew

Never drives drunk crew
    Field sobriety is not a pass or fail test. They probably cut you a break on the OWI portion because they were going to get you on possession. If they wanted to be dicks they could have charged you with both though.

Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grabre is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's interesting op because I have been thinking of sharing this for awhile, but was too embarrassed to do it. I decided today was the day because all my conditions of my sentence were completed as of 10:00am CST and I am reflecting how this HORRIBLE mistake affected my life for the past 13 months.

December 2012 I decided to go have a few beers at a local bar to celebrate a good day at work. I began my drinking at 6:00ish and went way past a few beers and finally left a little after 10:00. I was obviously drunk and was offered a ride from a friend I was talking to and also by the bartender who told me I had had one too many. I ignored both of these offers and snuck out the side door and got behind the wheel. What I wasn't aware of was that someone else in the restaurant that night saw how drunk I was and decided to follow me out and notified the police. They followed me all the way home and brought the police straight to me.

I made it home safely. I thank God and luck every day that I didn't harm anyone or anyone's property on my blind ride home.

As I was getting out of my car and closing my garage door Three police cars zoomed into my driveway with lights and sirens on and the most humiliating year of my life began.

ALL of my neighbors came out to see what was happening. I attempted a field sobriety test. Failed it miserably. Refused a breathalyzer test (mistake). Was put in handcuffs and taken to jail. Place in the drunk tank and left there until........

Woken up at 2:30 am put back in handcuffs and brought to a hospital to have blood drawn. I remember very little about any of this. I am still incredibly drunk almost 5 hours after my last drink.

The next morning at 7:00am I was allowed to make a phone call, but was denied access to my wireless phone so I called the ONE number I knew by heart.....My Mother. I am 46 years old and called my mother to bail me out of jail.

My license was confiscated when I was booked and I was given a piece of paper that allowed me to drive for 45 days or until my 6 month license suspension began.

I immediately began searching for lawyers online. I have no friends or acquaintances with any experience with DWI's so I had to just choose one by random. Even if I had known someone with experience I would most likely not have called them out of shear humiliation anyway. This feeling of shame still remains strong even 13 months later.

Met with lawyer. Handed over a big check. There is no reason to pretend I was not guilty. I told the lawyer I want to get this over ASAP. At this point I start to learn that there is no rushing the legal system. I don't get my BAC report for 60 days. It was .16. Then I go to court once a month until May when the judge is finally ready to hear me say GUILTY and she passes my sentence. $1,900.00 fine, 12 months probation, 12 months with an interlock device in my car and 6 months suspended license.

Begin probation and have the interlock device installed in late May. Probation officer explains that if I am PERFECT on probation and PERFECT concerning my interlock readings I can have these two conditions removed by the end of the year. I do as I'm told and this morning the interlock device was removed and my probation meetings are no longer required.

While I am happy to have this mistake behind me I am still surprised that I ever let myself get into it in the first place. I have had to adjust my life completely for the past 7 months. The shame follows me everywhere. Dating a new woman was out of the question while having a breathalyzer in my car. Parking way out in every parking lot to try and not be seen by any people while I blew into my f-ing car to start it. Explaining my situation over and over again to people in my life. Having my wonderful niece see me try and start my car when she came over to visit.

I understand there is very little chance that this story will stop anyone else from making the same mistake, but on the off chance that it will I am sharing it here.

Final costs:
    Bail 750.00
    lawyer 5,000.00
    Court Fines 1,900.00
    Temp License 450.00
    DWI Classes 200.00
    DL Surcharge 3,000.00
    Probation 450.00
    Interlock 675.00

Total 12,425.00

I do not know who the concerned citizen was. I could have found out through the court documents, but I feel they did what most people would/should have done. I wasn't tipsy. I didn't enjoy a beer with friends. I was DRUNK. I had been offered a ride twice. I earned this pain.

******Cliffs******

Got drunk. Received DWI. Found guilty. Paid fines. Completed conditions of Probation. Have felt like a complete failure since that night. Hope someone reads this and can learn from my mistakes.