Thread: my arms normal?

PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000)

my arms normal?

just wondering what others thought. not that im on a arm frenzy but. im squatting about 275 x5 max. just deadlifted 305 PR, x5. and i can bench almost 200 x5. i measured my arms and they are about 15.5 in the pictures i posted in my profile. that was about 5 weeks ago and ive been bulking on rippetoes. so i gotta measure again. i was just thinking that seemed smaller then normal for the compounds im doing... thought it might be holding me back on some other lifts. ill measure later and maybe theyve gotten bigger by now. was just wondering if others thought 15.5 was small for my size.
    Excellence is the result of Caring more than others think is Wise; Risking more than others think is Safe. Dreaming more than others think is Practical and Expecting more than others think is Possible.

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can't really determine size based on strength. Not to get into that argument, but my numbers are slightly higher than yours (bench is about the same), and my arms are 14.5 at best. Keep in mind that there are powerlifters in the 148 lb. weight class that can do double your numbers.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PhreEkGarden
    just wondering what others thought. not that im on a arm frenzy but. im squatting about 275 x5 max. just deadlifted 305 PR, x5. and i can bench almost 200 x5. i measured my arms and they are about 15.5 in the pictures i posted in my profile. that was about 5 weeks ago and ive been bulking on rippetoes. so i gotta measure again. i was just thinking that seemed smaller then normal for the compounds im doing... thought it might be holding me back on some other lifts. ill measure later and maybe theyve gotten bigger by now. was just wondering if others thought 15.5 was small for my size.
    Seems pretty normal for your height, weight, and lifting stats to me. *shrugs*

segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50) segment will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Heh..

How much do you weigh?

I weigh 174 and I'm much fatter than you, and my arms are 14.5".

I can DL 326x4, squat 315x10, bench 190x5, dip bw+25lbs.

If I had 15.5 inch arms I'd be very happy =)

Segment

start wearing purple! benjamin88's Avatar
    benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjamin88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    seems normal if anything, ps post some pics, ur arms dont look 15.5 in your avatar

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by segment
    If I had 15.5 inch arms I'd be very happy =)

LOL......you will be happy with 15.5 inch arms until you reach 15.5 inches......then you will say you will be happy with 16.5 inches......

there was a point in time where i thought id be happy with 17 inchers.......im now at 18.5-18.75 and still not happy.......lol

its all relative

anonymous

PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000) PhreEkGarden is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/...&ppuser=253075

this was after i got off mono and i had previously lost 30 pounds so i lost alot of muscle.. ive gotten all my strength back and then some since then. i think my arms look good, just need to get bigger lol

edit: that i measured while flexing... when people say their arm size are they normally relaxed or flexing
    Excellence is the result of Caring more than others think is Wise; Risking more than others think is Safe. Dreaming more than others think is Practical and Expecting more than others think is Possible.

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    flexing i believe.

listen, i dont care what people say for some of us compound only routines are only going to get us so far. some people do fine on it, but others like myself need direct work. im benching 270 and i can hit bw+90 on dips for 4 reps, but do i have big arms? not at all. like you my arms measure about 15.5. it wasnt until recently when i started doing heavy extensions and more barbell curls that i noticed my arms started growing again. if you want some arm size and compound only isnt working out for you, do yourself a favor and throw in some isos.

im no where near that bench, but i could do those dips. also.. yeah i am on rippetoes but last friday i did some arm work. im gonna stay on rippetoes til my compounds go up some more and im trying to gain some weight. then ill probably try to make my own routine, still doing all the compounds but iso stuff as well

de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000) de_barathrum is a name known to all. (+5000)
    im no where near that bench, but i could do those dips. also.. yeah i am on rippetoes but last friday i did some arm work. im gonna stay on rippetoes til my compounds go up some more and im trying to gain some weight. then ill probably try to make my own routine, still doing all the compounds but iso stuff as well
    im doing 5x5 myself and im having to resist the temptation to make my own routine. after i finish this up, this will probably be the last cookie cutter routine i ever do. everything else for now on is going to be custom.

Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by de_barathrum
    im doing 5x5 myself and im having to resist the temptation to make my own routine. after i finish this up, this will probably be the last cookie cutter routine i ever do. everything else for now on is going to be custom.

5x5 Is only cookie cutter if you make it that way, just like any thing else man if you look at it like a stagnant regime then that's what you will get out of it.

It is a progressive heavy compound regime, which can be catered to fit just about any one at any time. You can flip some of the compounds and add whatever iso’s you want, don’t be ignorant, use your noggin.

The only thing you truly own in this world is your health, the only thing you truly have in this world is the love and respect of those around you.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Absane
    It seems that bodybuilders have reverse anorexia. They just think they are not "big enough."

A month ago I was thinking of exactly how I want to look and then I will keep that look. Then the other day I was thinking what it would be like to look like that and it occured to me: I'll want to get bigger.
    Yeah, it's called "bigorexia"

Most of us have it, except maybe for the underwear model wannabe's.

fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fb902350 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just to add my own 2cents. I bench and squat a bit less than you, though dead more and seem to slightly larger arms, and shoulders, with a bigger back and chest.

The way I have always looked at is it that we are bodybuilding, not powerlifting, so if I can lift less and look bigger, and I will be doing better. Hopefully this will mean that when I am lifting the same weight a someone else, I will look better than them

Anyway, back to your question. It may be to do with your arm-muscle 'shape', the way that they look. but perhaps you would benefit a little more focus on Weighted Chin-ups, would help your lats, and arms. but then i've always looked at arms as something that will come along with good chest and back work.
    W8isGR8: If you don't squat, the terrorists win.

Milos Sarcev: Partial rep, Partial development.

Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Connorg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree, its probably your genetics. Luckily arm wise I have great genetics and had 13 in biceps feshman year of high school, now at the beginning of sophmore year(after a lot of hard work) I got 16'.But don't feel bad, genticaly I had no calves or forearms. (until I built them)
    5'10
    10% BF

currently bulking
    17-20 pounds gained in 40 days

*Thanks for Reps*

Bigger than Darklight The Real Deal's Avatar
    The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000) The Real Deal is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aqua-beowulf
    Yeah, it's called "bigorexia"

Most of us have it, except maybe for the underwear model wannabe's.
    yah and it sucks. no matter how big my arms are i still think they are tiny in the mirror.