Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

New hurdles to cross after years of training. Staying injury free

I have quite a few years under my belt in the gym. Recently I have found that it is harder and harder to recover properly from working out. I also found I am picking up more 'nagging' injuries. Some may say this is just age, but I do not think that is the core issue. I attribute it the combination of two things.

1) Getting to the point where I am moving fairly heavy weights.
    2) Getting to this point while neglecting mobility and flexibility work.

I really see it as a combination of these two. Prior to really pushing for maximum weights, I neglected mobility and flexibility work and never really had issue. Now that I have developed strength to fairly decent levels, I am finding limits in my flexibility are leading to injury and strain. I believe had I not neglected these, I would not be suffering the issues I have now. Overall, my flexibility has gotten terrible over the past two years. All the training and little to no stretching, has left me MUCH tighter then I have ever been. Add this to being the strongest I have ever been, and it is a recipe for disaster.

I have been looking into this and decided that I really need to work specifically on mobility work and flexibility. I plan on dedicating time every day to work my tight areas. I also plan on incorporating massage. My chiro has used the "ART" technique to break up scar tissue before and it has worked very well for me. Basically you are stretching while specific areas are massaged or point pressure is applied. It can be very painful, but quite effective. Only downside is my new health insurance no longer covers my chiro (used to cover 100%).

In researching ways to do deep tissue and "ART" at home, I remembered this machine at my old gym about 20 years ago. It was an archaic looking device with rollers that spun. I can remember how well it worked and thought with some modifications, you could use it on the whole body. Snooping around, I found some on the internet.

It is called a "vitamaster vmrl-14". Here is a pic

And a vid of one in action

I found one on ebay and bought it.
    Originally they were marketed to reduce womens cellulite as well as circulation and general 'vitality' issues. I can remember how intense the massage on the hamstrings was when you sat on it. That brings up the first issue. I plan on modifying mine with a variable speed motor controller. I think for this to be effective you really have to be able to slow it way down. I ordered a AC variable speed motor controller. (They sell them to bring down the speed of routers in woodworking). It has not got here yet. I am also contemplating making a new enclosure for it. One that would provide the ability to use it in several different orientations. I think if done right, it can be used for the whole body.

I will update as I progress with this idea, but I was just throwing it out there. Kinda nuts, but I am sick of feeling so damn tight all the time. I can only ask my wife for so many back rubs. She has long lost sympathy for my aches and pains that I inflict on myself willingly.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well crap!!!...I could have wrote the same thing about myself. The problem for me is I train during my lunch break so I'm trying to lift heavy, hustle through my workout and get back to the office, so saying stretching is neglected is an understatement. And I'm in the same boat as you, everything is stiff and flexibility is non-existant. I already have monthly appointments with a masseuse to work on kinks throughout my shoulders, upper back and neck. Guess I should learn from you and get started on finding time somewhere to work on flexibility.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000)
    They had those at my first gym, Jack Lalanes. I liked those corn cob rollers.

Remember these? Didn't care for the belts and unfortunately none of the girls down there looked like the model.

Handle every situation like a dog ....
    If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,
    Piss on it and Walk Away.

TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you think women like the washing machine on spin cycle? Oh god I can only imagine........(okay what were we talking about?)

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll be following to see how this turns out.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As long as it doesn't rub you the wrong way.

Those things are good, but I find that if I regularly stretch out, static stretches I mean, along with dynamic warmups, then I don't have to worry about injuring myself. Granted, I'm not going anywhere near what I used to do or even close to what the OP does, but these two kinds of stretches really work and work well for me. That, and avoiding certain exercises which I used to do. (That list would take up a page)
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel you on this OP. Certain exercises I don't go as heavy as j can due to injuries. I try and stimulate the muscle using other techniques. I was using massage therapy but my therapist is no longer there. I also incorporate ice, KT tape and solanpos patches.

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That thing looks promising, please keep us posted on what you think of it. I do a plenty of mobility work and have a lot of flexibility, but still have an unreasonable amount of muscular congestion. Everytime I go in for a massage, the masseuse is horrified. The last masseuse I went to said to do contrast showers every training day. Haven't been doing it long enough to comment, but a lot of people seem to find relief from them.

The black rumble roller, pvc pipe, tennis/ golf balls all help with the tension somewhat, at least for the time that you're doing it. You can google trigger points online to enhance it a bit. My husband also has given up on removing knots and is tired of me lying on the floor begging him to stomp on my hamstrings . I don't love static stretching, but static stretches in conjunction with some sort of rolling seems to help a bit more than rolling by itself. Interested to see how that thing works out for you.
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

revaeb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    well crap!!!...I could have wrote the same thing about myself. The problem for me is I train during my lunch break so I'm trying to lift heavy, hustle through my workout and get back to the office, so saying stretching is neglected is an understatement. And I'm in the same boat as you, everything is stiff and flexibility is non-existant. I already have monthly appointments with a masseuse to work on kinks throughout my shoulders, upper back and neck. Guess I should learn from you and get started on finding time somewhere to work on flexibility.
    I have the same issue. Last 2 months I have taken to actually doing a stretching routing next to my desk. I don't wear a suit for work so it helps. Also, I will foam roll at night in front of the tv. I used to never stretch or do anything and now it seems like I have to if I want to get stronger and recover.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I get a lot more out of mobility than I do out of stretching, and I like Dan John's advice to work mobility in between sets as strengthening the muscles and connective tissues as your joints go into place will keep them there.

Intuflow + baby rolls have helped me a lot.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with you 100% ID as I have been experiencing the same issues over the past year. I'm seeing far more muscle strains than I have ever seen before and I'm sure age, as well as lack of stretching/mobility, is to blame. In my 20's I guess my body was far more resilient and I could get away with lifting maximum amounts of weight and focus on nothing else, nowadays it's a different story. I'm just as strong, if not stronger in many cases than I was in my 20's, but it's quite evident that additional therapy is required to remain healthy. I love A.R.T. massage. I have a great guy that I use locally, the only problem is that he is $75/hour and he can only cover (effectively) half of my body in that one hour so it can get quite expensive when paying out of pocket. I'm not sure how effective it is only being able to see him once a month, if that. Seems like foam rolling is a big thing these days as well. I haven't tried it yet but I see a lot of people at my gym rolling around on them. Good luck with the new device. I hope it works out for you.
    -Squattin' in the curl rack.

tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tornmuscle123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As I got into my 40s I started picking up injuries - the answer for me was prehab. In my case, I do mine with a sled for both upper and lower body on MWF after workouts - that coupled with extensive warmups and my rumbler keeps me in the game.
    Doh!

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good to see I am not alone in this. I am going to tear down the roller today and look to rebuild the enclosure. (the one I get is beat up a little).

I am also going to see if I can add a mount to the bottom out of 2" square stock that will allow me to affix the roller on to my Ironmaster superbench. This would allow me to adjust the height from head level, down to floor and I also could orient it facing horiz or vert. This should really make it easier to do shoulders and upper back as well as arms.

Looks like a fun little project
    RAW lifts

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ART is great, I go every two weeks to my chiro and he keeps me loose with it.

I've found that as long as I warm up properly and give myself enough time to recover I actually have less injuries than when I was younger. I started competitive powerlifting at 40 and am my strongest ever now and feel great. I used to have shoulder pain but since I switched to powerlifting form (elbows tucked in) my shoulders feel great.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I have quite a few years under my belt in the gym. Recently I have found that it is harder and harder to recover properly from working out. I also found I am picking up more 'nagging' injuries. Some may say this is just age, but I do not think that is the core issue. I attribute it the combination of two things.

1) Getting to the point where I am moving fairly heavy weights.
    2) Getting to this point while neglecting mobility and flexibility work.

I really see it as a combination of these two.
    Yup, yup. I'm there too, kind of. Lately I *HAVE* been working flexibility almost equal time to heavy strongman events. It's SLOWLY making a difference.

In researching ways to do deep tissue and "ART" at home
    I sent my wife to massage therapy school. She's very good at what she does and now makes pretty good money as a LMT. The downside of that is that now she never has time to work on me LOL. Oh well.

It is called a "vitamaster vmrl-14". Here is a pic

Looks nice. Good find.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love being flexible. Problem is, I'm not flexible right now, because I too have been neglecting it. I have tight hamstrings and shoulders now, and I hate it.

As a former gymnast I know how to stretch and stay flexible, and I know that it takes consistency in practicing your stretches to improve your flexiblity. But I don't enjoy stretching like I enjoy lifting, so I neglect it. So yoga is my outlet for improving flexibilty and moblity. I enjoy it in a class setting (not at home watching an instructor on video), but darn it, I just haven't made the time for classes lately.

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tobymax123 View Post
    I love being flexible. Problem is, I'm not flexible right now, because I too have been neglecting it. I have tight hamstrings and shoulders now, and I hate it.

As a former gymnast I know how to stretch and stay flexible, and I know that it takes consistency in practicing your stretches to improve your flexiblity. But I don't enjoy stretching like I enjoy lifting, so I neglect it. So yoga is my outlet for improving flexibilty and moblity. I enjoy it in a class setting (not at home watching an instructor on video), but darn it, I just haven't made the time for classes lately.
    Yeah that yoga is a lot more tolerable if its in a class with a bunch of women wearing yoga pants!
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TouaregV8 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good to see I am not alone in this. I am going to tear down the roller today and look to rebuild the enclosure. (the one I get is beat up a little).

I am also going to see if I can add a mount to the bottom out of 2" square stock that will allow me to affix the roller on to my Ironmaster superbench. This would allow me to adjust the height from head level, down to floor and I also could orient it facing horiz or vert. This should really make it easier to do shoulders and upper back as well as arms.

Looks like a fun little project
    MacGuyver like. ; )
    -Squattin' in the curl rack.

racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just called my MT to get setup for some deep tissue massage, after my groin strain this morning while doing squats. Have had a ton of low grade strains this year and do just about zero mobility work (until now). Great post!

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am inclined to say the tightness isnt just from heavy weights but hours of muscle stress. I was waking up tight from all sorts of endeavors and it increased with age. At 35 i began stretching and have enjoyed it immensly as it "adjusts" me with out having to visit the chiro. It really is a neglected area as most here chase numbers and deal with the expected injuries. There was a link i had from a trainer who had 10 exercises that prevented the most common injuries, but of course i cant find it at the moment.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Injuries are keeping me from doing any leg work right now, and deadlifts. Back day has been reduced to a lots of pull-ups.

Using this page as a guide, I have put together what I hope is a decent mobility training day, to take the place of leg day for a bit. Hopefully it helps.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-t...#axzz2dJINelD6

I have been having dedicated stretching/foam rolling sessions for 20-30 minutes, 3-4 days a week for quite a while now, and it has helped a ton. But, I need to get more serious about my hip mobility.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by racedoc View Post
    Just called my MT to get setup for some deep tissue massage, after my groin strain this morning while doing squats.
    Deep tissue massages hurt like hell but after a few sessions you feel 100% better. I am going to schedule some for my upper legs and hip areas as I feel pretty bound up there. In the mean time I just found out one of my gyms has a hydro massage table and I used it today for the 1st time and I liked it.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Too funny reading this............

Just this Monday 8/26 I started a mobility, and flexibility day to help the recovery process and to help some nagging injuries.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This pertains to this thread. Some good stuff.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...ymobility.html

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been working on mobility for a couple years as I could no longer tolerate an injury per year.

It is a slow process. Dynamic stretching, static and static with the use of bands to "distract" the joint, deep tissue work several times a year, lacrosse balls, hard foam rollers...yoga, I am using it all to keep the injuries at bay.

Defranco has some great stuff. Kelly Starrett's Mobility Wod site has also been very helpful for me.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Well......been working on my project all weekend. I totally scrapped the original enclosure and just about everything except the original rollers. I sanded and applied black stain the the rollers and put satin poly on them. (Paint would have worn off quickly). I built a new enclosure out of 3/4 birch cabinet plywood which I then painted.

The motor and counter shaft were the tough part. One of the old bronze bushing on the counter shaft had worn through....it ended up cutting through steel frame and messed up the whole shaft. (metal on metal wear). I found a bushing to replace and re made the brackets for the counter shaft. With some 1/2" round stock, I just made a new shaft.

Here it is all together..... Cant wait to put it to use!

RAW lifts

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well done ID. I hope it works for you
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson