markelim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markelim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout regime Critique

Hey guys, i finally decided to get some advice on my new workout regiem iv'e been on for the last 2 weeks. Let me know if im on the right track please. Im 66kg and i’m bulking, or at least thats what i think i should be doing. Currently on the L/P/P/O split.

NUTRITION:
    Calories - 2900
    Carbs - 399g
    Protein - 160g
    Fat - 75g
    ----------------
    LEG:
    Squat
    SL Deadlift
    Lunges
    Calf raises
    Leg extension
    ----------------
    PUSH:
    Barbell Bench
    Military Press
    Incline Bench
    Side lateral raise
    Front lateral raises
    Rear flys
    Incline flys
    BB Skull-crushers
    Triceps cable pushdown
    Overhead DB extension ?(triceps)

(If i have time)
    DB Bench Press
    Arnold Press
    ----------------
    PULL:
    T-Bar row
    Pullups
    Lat pulldown
    1-hand Seated cable row
    Facepull
    Barbell bicep curl
    BB Preacher curl
    Hammer curl
    Last edited by markelim; 08-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    definitely cut the volume on Push day, do you train muscles twice a week? if yes, then cut the volume leave 1 compund and 1 asscer. exercises per muscle group, if not leave it, looks fine to me + 110g? some ppl here might argue but you should be getting around 150g for your BW, also, I would cut fat down to 70 and add up more carbs
    Free eBook: http://beatsocialanxiety.net/free-book/

Latest Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNbZbJNfvgY&list=UU7wARlI0wgpExP4yKPsS9Ug

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*
    *Team James "Flex" Lewis"

FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatRunner123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Agabekov View Post
    definitely cut the volume on Push day, do you train muscles twice a week? if yes, then cut the volume leave 1 compund and 1 asscer. exercises per muscle group, if not leave it, looks fine to me + 110g? some ppl here might argue but you should be getting around 150g for your BW, also, I would cut fat down to 70 and add up more carbs
    Ronnie Coleman much !!!1

based on actual events jtaylor2010's Avatar
    jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're hitting each one 2x/week I'd say lower the volume on push and pull. Also I'd say more protein and fat, a little less carbs.

Protein and fat are essential. You'll need those for all sorts of things going on in your body. So make sure you have those first. Plus your body can use the fat for energy if it needs to and the difference will only be the difference in how much of the fat gram is used to convert fat to energy as opposed to converting carbs to energy.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -support local farms crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew
    -less cursing the darkness and more lighting candles crew

KarlKtd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    If you're hitting each one 2x/week I'd say lower the volume on push and pull. Also I'd say more protein and fat, a little less carbs.

Protein and fat are essential. You'll need those for all sorts of things going on in your body. So make sure you have those first. Plus your body can use the fat for energy if it needs to and the difference will only be the difference in how much of the fat gram is used to convert fat to energy as opposed to converting carbs to energy.
    cosign you might accidently dirty bulk

markelim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markelim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post

Yeah I'm about hitting each one probably twice a week. Felt the push day as a bit too much too but been trying to get my shoulders which have been lacking, i guess its just about being patient and not overexerting yourself.

For my macros, ill be honest, its fuking hard for me to hit those carbs, on a good day i can maybe get it up to 250 but 300+ seems ridiculous. Ill definitely up my protein since thats something id definitely be able to hit. For fats, what do you guys think about bumping it up to 100g ?

Im in the military so the food is needless to say terrible so iv'e opted for the vegetarian option which is mainly pure veggies and some sort of mock meat or tofu....

Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000) Agabekov is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^

you are 145 lbs , 75g of fat is more than nough for you (but it also depends on your life-style, habbits and medical conditions) bt for a normal person 75g would work fine IMO. Protein will be good at 150-160g. Carbs are great for performance so i keep them high. Why you feel its hard man? if you cant hit the numbers throw in some cereals and chocolate milk for God's sake.

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

"Team sports can go to hell, I never gonna rely on some weak minded motherphucker to help me win a game, I will win it by myself" - George Leeman aka BabySlayer

*Team Evan Centopani*

KarlKtd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    agreed it should be easy and there are different outlets for macro fitting

^^^

you are 145 lbs , 75g of fat is more than nough for you (but it also depends on your life-style, habbits and medical conditions) bt for a normal person 75g would work fine IMO. Protein will be good at 150-160g. Carbs are great for performance so i keep them high. Why you feel its hard man? if you cant hit the numbers throw in some cereals and chocolate milk for God's sake.
    Thanks for the advice, ill leave the fat as 75g. Will up my protein intake. Its hard as due to the fact im in the army, i don't really have the choice of choosing what i can eat or how much i can eat haha, i'm allergic to a ton of things such as nuts so if they decide to serve something i'm allergic to, its game over. Anyway, excuses, fuk that ill try and hit that 300g of carb mark haha.

good luck man

*Herniated Disc Crew*
    *Saliva4Life Crew*

*Team Evan Centopani*

Just following up on this post guys, im currently bulking right now. My PRs are now progressing so im glad with that:

OHP: 25lbs per side
    BB Bench:55lbs per side
    Squat: 60lbs per side
    Deadlift: 80lbs per side

My question is when should i stop bulking and proceed on with a cut. Been hearing about how people can loose track and be on a bulk forever. Right now im thinking of starting a cut when i hit 70kg ? im 68kg now. Do you think i should base whether i should cut on my weight on my PRs at the gym ?

appreciate the help and hope it doesn't sound too stupid
    Designer | Animator | Soldier
    Instagram & Twitter: markelim
    www.marklim[dot]net

teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50) teezlr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by markelim View Post
    Hey guys, i finally decided to get some advice on my new workout regiem iv'e been on for the last 2 weeks. Let me know if im on the right track please. Im 66kg and i’m bulking, or at least thats what i think i should be doing. Currently on the L/P/P/O split.

NUTRITION:
    Calories - 2900
    Carbs - 399g
    Protein - 160g
    Fat - 75g
    ----------------
    LEG:
    Squat
    SL Deadlift
    Lunges
    Calf raises
    Leg extension
    ----------------
    PUSH:
    Barbell Bench
    Military Press
    Incline Bench
    Side lateral raise
    Front lateral raises
    Rear flys
    Incline flys
    BB Skull-crushers
    Triceps cable pushdown
    Overhead DB extension ?(triceps)

(If i have time)
    DB Bench Press
    Arnold Press
    ----------------
    PULL:
    T-Bar row
    Pullups
    Lat pulldown
    1-hand Seated cable row
    Facepull
    Barbell bicep curl
    BB Preacher curl
    Hammer curl
    Its easy to criticize someone's program but the main point here is... Are you getting stronger? Are you seeing results? If yes and yes, and you are happy with your program keep at it until you stop growing with this program.
    www.JakeTiesler.com