Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Is it wrong to be strong? CodyBaragar's Avatar
    CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kenny878 View Post
    Will do. Wouldn't mind doing a deadlift workout with you since then are numbers will at least be comparable lol. Currently DL'ing 350 x 5
    Yeah definately. Toss some shiet around and what not.

GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strong ass deadlifts, in

CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CodyBaragar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GabeGSF View Post
    Strong ass deadlifts, in
    Thank you sir. Also in on yours

Will start training again on Sunday with Heavy Deadlifts! Deloads suck

Side note: arms measured over 17" today. Lol

Bench day:

Bench - 280lbs - 3s 5r

Push downs - stack(200) - 3s 12r

Seated OHP - 135 - didn't even count, just went till a couple reps short if failure for 2s

DB Shoulder Press - 3x10

Notes: solid workout, it was the first one after my deload. Pr'd on the bench again, don't understand how I keep getting stronger but ill take it. Next goal: 3 and a quarter!!!

GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GabeGSF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Mirin the bench

Originally Posted by GabeGSF View Post
    Mirin the bench
    Yeah idk how I'm getting so strong there... Pause reps I should mention

Went for a run today. First time since I was about 170lbs... and it was quite evident.

Squat day tomorrow.. looking to hit 335 for 3x5

Aug. 21: Squat day

Highbar Squats (parallel) - 335lbs - 3s 5r (PR)

Front Squats ATG - 225lbs 3r, 135lbs idk reps lol

Notes: After hitting my PR, I just experimented with front squats. Didnt go to failure or anything. After front squats I threw on 135 and tried out different stances. I actually felt really good doing a wide stance with the feet pointed outward at about 45 degrees. Also tried low bar squats for the first time... was not aware how much easier it makes squats. Squat should go up quite a bit after I figure out the technique!

The PR was difficult... last set was a bit of a grind. However, I didnt make it easier on myself by basically pausing in the hole to make sure I hit parallel. The squat is looking up!

Friday will be bench day... ready to kill it

Planned on hitting back today, but doesn't look like thats happening.

Plan on hitting 285lbs for 3s 5r tomorrow.

Feeling pretty good about hitting that. If the first 3 sets are not bad I may try a fourth or fifth... but Ill be happy with 3s 5r...

Im coming for you Can BP Record

Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Crazy bench, in.

Originally Posted by Georgesss View Post
    Crazy bench, in.
    Thank you sir!

Depending on how I feel today, I will probably do a 1 rep max or see what my max triple is. Havent done one since I hit 315 for 1.... pretty sure I'm gunna get alot higher but we will see, not feeling great today.

I'll post a vid on here if I do my 1rm.

Aug 23: Bench day

Decided to work up to some big singles but did not max out

135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1
    325x1 (went up nicely, but quit there b/c shoulder was getting aggrevated)

Those were pause reps as well ^^. 325 was about 90-95% of my 1rm (got a vid of it, but I have to edit it cuz its like 3 mins long lol).

The rest of the workout was submaximal effort speed work

Bench - 225lbs - 5s 10r (no bounce just quick touch n go's; played around with different hand placements)

OH Tri-extensions - 3s 8r

Notes: Wasn't too much work today, but enough b/c the singles took quite a bit of wind outta me. I am quite happy with the way my bench is progressing. Need to work on my form, but I think once I start using my belt it should help stabilize my base and should assist in adding some more poundage to the bar.

Anyways, deadlift day on Sunday. Definately looking forward to absolutely smashing that!

Aug 25: deadlift day

Conventional deadlifts - 375lbs 3s 5r (PR)

Machine rows - stack(200lbs) 3s 8r

Wide pull downs - 150lbs 3s 8r

Notes: 10lb pr on deadlift after a deload week. Happy with it, but definitely had to work for it. Last rep of my last set almost puked everywhere (drank too much water lol). I think my max right now is around 375x7 or 8. Feel like 450 would be quite easy at this point. Decided to through in some lat stuff today as I missed my back hypertrophy day this week.

Bench day tomorrow

Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10) Georgesss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CodyBaragar View Post
    Aug 25: deadlift day

Conventional deadlifts - 375lbs 3s 5r (PR)

Machine rows - stack(200lbs) 3s 8r

Wide pull downs - 150lbs 3s 8r

Notes: 10lb pr on deadlift after a deload week. Happy with it, but definitely had to work for it. Last rep of my last set almost puked everywhere (drank too much water lol). I think my max right now is around 375x7 or 8. Feel like 450 would be quite easy at this point. Decided to through in some lat stuff today as I missed my back hypertrophy day this week.

Bench day tomorrow
    go and kill it. Try to get a video of your bench

Will do my best. Is there a way of posting a vid from my iPhone without having to post it to YouTube?

Will do my best. Is there a way of posting a vid from my iPhone without having to post it to YouTube?
    I don't know, but you can make it private on youtube

Aug. 26 - Bench Day

Got 285lbs for 3x5 (PR) - got a vid for you guys too

Finished off with:

CGBP - 235lbs - 3s 6r (about 3 reps short of failure)

Skullcrushers - 3s 8r

DB Flyes - 2s 8r

Notes: Was working out on a bowl of Frosted Flakes and 3 hours of sleep after heavy deadlifts yesterday, so I was not expecting to hit a PR, especially without a spotter. Felt pretty strong today, but looked flat as hell this morning.

Subscribe to my channel if you wanna see me hit these PR's. Probably post a vid every now and then and maybe some training sessions just to use as a workout log.
    Last edited by CodyBaragar; 08-26-2013 at 02:32 PM.

I put up a vid

Aug. 26 - Bench Day

Got 285lbs for 3x5 (PR) - got a vid for you guys too

Finished off with:

CGBP - 235lbs - 3s 6r (about 3 reps short of failure)

Skullcrushers - 3s 8r

DB Flyes - 2s 8r

Notes: Was working out on a bowl of Frosted Flakes and 3 hours of sleep after heavy deadlifts yesterday, so I was not expecting to hit a PR, especially without a spotter. Felt pretty strong today, but looked flat as hell this morning.

Subscribe to my channel if you wanna see me hit these PR's. Probably post a vid every now and then and maybe some training sessions just to use as a workout log.
    that was fuking easy, how old are you?

that was fuking easy, how old are you?
    I could have got one more rep fresh today, and maybe even 7 on a good day.

I'm 19yrs old.

kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000)
    daaaaym that went up easy. nice work
    Im not a bodybuilder
    Im a hockey player

U of S Kinesiology Student

success grows exponentially

Originally Posted by kenny878 View Post
    daaaaym that went up easy. nice work
    Thanks man, next vid will prob be in the pac lol

ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whats you PR for a deadlift cody
    “I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid”

Originally Posted by ElevatedVaal View Post
    whats you PR for a deadlift cody
    I've haven't done a 1RM since I injured myself about this time last year... I deadlifted 415 I think, and achieved a small abdominal tear... basically a hernia except no intestines were sticking though it... had to stop lifting for a while, wasnt able to squat till about that december, and couldnt deadlift until about this past march.

Last workout I did 375lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps. I think I could have done 7 or maybe 8 on my first set, so projected max of 450+? Not really sure. Started at about 375lbs 2 months ago lol so progress has been made

ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElevatedVaal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've haven't done a 1RM since I injured myself about this time last year... I deadlifted 415 I think, and achieved a small abdominal tear... basically a hernia except no intestines were sticking though it... had to stop lifting for a while, wasnt able to squat till about that december, and couldnt deadlift until about this past march.

Last workout I did 375lbs for 3 sets of 5 reps. I think I could have done 7 or maybe 8 on my first set, so projected max of 450+? Not really sure. Started at about 375lbs 2 months ago lol so progress has been made

thats good that your making progress. lol now you made me worried. i can almost dead 300, but now, im thinking about sticking with like 220x5. i would strive for 300lb, but if i injured myself, i would be fuked for life.

for example a couple days ago i was deadlifting and i hurt my back, and couldnt walk nor bend down :/
    Last edited by ElevatedVaal; 08-27-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    “I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid”

thats good that your making progress. lol now you made me worried. i can almost dead 300, but now, im thinking about sticking with like 250x5. i would strive for 300lb, but if i injured myself, i would be fuked for life.
    Lol dont be worried... I was deadlifting like an idiot! Back when I started lifting, if I was gunna do a 1RM I would go to the gym and throw on that weight and try to get it because I thought that working my way up to that weight would tire me out. Also I was deadlifting with a rounded back and basically snapping in half... I was possibly one of the worst deadlifters known to man and rightly so I fuked myself up lol.

But yeah dont worry, keep progressing and lifting heavy... just dont do what I did.

Lol dont be worried... I was deadlifting like an idiot! Back when I started lifting, if I was gunna do a 1RM I would go to the gym and throw on that weight and try to get it because I thought that working my way up to that weight would tire me out. Also I was deadlifting with a rounded back and basically snapping in half... I was possibly one of the worst deadlifters known to man and rightly so I fuked myself up lol.

But yeah dont worry, keep progressing and lifting heavy... just dont do what I did.
    hmm ok thanks, good advice, ill catch you when im off rc

hmm ok thanks, good advice, ill catch you when im off rc
    Your welcome... reppd u too