Thread: Cutting Help

bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bj03sm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting Help

I just finished a bulking cycle and am now wanting to cut 20-25 pounds. I am just needing some help with the most effective way to cut the fat while losing minimal muscle. Last time I just cut calories and lost fat, but also lost to much muscle. Right now I am 5-9 and around 186. Would it be best to still eat maintenance calories, but use cardio to put me in the deficit? I guess what I am asking is would it be better to eat, say 1700 cals a day and do a little cardio or eat 2200 calories a day and burn off the extra cals through cardio every day?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the smaller the deficit the less chance you have to lose LBM, a 10-20% deficit is recommended
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

I.love.cereals.brah. vimalancity's Avatar
    vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50) vimalancity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    the smaller the deficit the less chance you have to lose LBM, a 10-20% deficit is recommended
    ^Done. Just a minor deficit from maintenance is more than enough. Start and maintenance first though and then reduce slowly when your weight stalls. The point of a cut is to eat as much as possible while stripping of the fat and preserving the muscles.
    IIFYM Crew brah

Srs/10