Thread: Activity Level

GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Activity Level

Alright fellas, I've never been confident about calculating my activity level multiplier. Katch-Mcardle has my BMR at 2100, but I'm always unsure how much I should multiply that by. I play basketball 3-5 times a week for 1.5 hours and I either swim or run for about 20 minutes 2-3 times a week. I also lift for 30 minutes or so about twice a week. Other than that I am not too active, but I've been either hitting golf balls at the range or playing golf about twice a week. I usually use a 1.6 multiplier which is right above moderately active. Should my multiplier be higher? Thanks.

Also I've been keeping track of my weight to try and measure that way, but even though I always weigh myself in the morning it is very erratic. I sometimes drop 4 pounds in a day then gain 3 back the next.

Samoset is a genie deadliftdang's Avatar
    deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000) deadliftdang is just really nice. (+1000)
    30 minute lifting twice a week is pretty bad man you should really consider training more often. You aren't above moderately active with that activity level, in fact I'd say you probably are not even moderately active with that. 1.4 or so sounds about where you are if you truly are only lifting twice a week for 30 minutes.

GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50) GettinCutup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadliftdang View Post
    30 minute lifting twice a week is pretty bad man you should really consider training more often. You aren't above moderately active with that activity level, in fact I'd say you probably are not even moderately active with that. 1.4 or so sounds about where you are if you truly are only lifting twice a week for 30 minutes.
    7+ hours of cardio per week is definitely above moderate. I don't want to gain any more mass, I'm only lifting to help keep from losing muscle.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GettinCutup View Post
    Alright fellas, I've never been confident about calculating my activity level multiplier. Katch-Mcardle has my BMR at 2100, but I'm always unsure how much I should multiply that by. I play basketball 3-5 times a week for 1.5 hours and I either swim or run for about 20 minutes 2-3 times a week. I also lift for 30 minutes or so about twice a week. Other than that I am not too active, but I've been either hitting golf balls at the range or playing golf about twice a week. I usually use a 1.6 multiplier which is right above moderately active. Should my multiplier be higher? Thanks.

Also I've been keeping track of my weight to try and measure that way, but even though I always weigh myself in the morning it is very erratic. I sometimes drop 4 pounds in a day then gain 3 back the next.
    Yeah that is pretty much how weight loss works:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    Yeah that is pretty much how weight loss works:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...uishy-fat.html
    I'm going through a stop and start phase right now. I was 184 beginning of last week. Plumetted down to 180.2 by the end of the week, and rebounded back to 182.8 as of this morning. Calories stayed consistent throughout. The body is a crazy thing. Went through a similar thing about a month back when I was in the low 190's.

Coincidentally, I started a legitimate barbell weight-lifting program last week. I don't imagine that would account for fluctuations to the tune of 2-3 pounds though. I'm just chalking it up to the usual weight fluctuations. I anticipate being sub-180 in about a week. Planning a carb re-feed this week too -- interested to see what happens with that (it'll be my first one - cutting 2 lbs/week since May 1).
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    7+ hours of cardio per week is definitely above moderate. I don't want to gain any more mass, I'm only lifting to help keep from losing muscle.
    If you do a strength training routine, you won't gain "much" mass. But if what you're doing works for you and your goals, keep doing it.

And I'd say you're about moderately active. For a 24 hour day, you seem to only be active about 2.5 hours out of the day. And thats some days, according to you. Unless your job requires you to move around a lot, I'd say you're moderate.

As for the fluctuation in weight, thats common. Its really just water weight. I tend to weigh myself 3 times a week, always at the same time, under the same conditions.

As for the multiplier thing, I don't know squat about that.
    Been serious about these Macros since 06/2013

IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros)

FatLossProgress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154893833&page=1

Calories&Macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380403
    FatLoss2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741

CutEnd/BulkBegin: 139lb 9/6/13

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is really the only way. You'll never pin it down with multipliers and formulas. Track weight every day for a couple weeks and look at the average change, not total change, over that period. Compare that to calories eaten and there's your TDEE, regardless of what any formula says.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    This is really the only way. You'll never pin it down with multipliers and formulas. Track weight every day for a couple weeks and look at the average change, not total change, over that period. Compare that to calories eaten and there's your TDEE, regardless of what any formula says.
    Well I am exactly 4 pounds below what I was 2 weeks ago. I have been eating around 2200-2500 calories a day. This would be right on target for a 1.6-1.65 multiplier, but I don't think the sample size is enough to judge yet.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I am exactly 4 pounds below what I was 2 weeks ago. I have been eating around 2200-2500 calories a day. This would be right on target for a 1.6-1.65 multiplier, but I don't think the sample size is enough to judge yet.
    Yeah, three weeks is better, and you need to discount the first few days of water weight loss.

Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Yeah, three weeks is better, and you need to discount the first few days of water weight loss.
    No, I've been cutting for well over a month. I just started weighing everyday 2 weeks ago