snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post cutting, macros......HELP!!!

Ok so to give some context I am 25 y/o, 150 lbs, 5'8" with probably 25% bf?? (i might be wrong) and I lost about 15 lbs through cardio before, and I have recently introduced strength training to my workouts because I really want to get fit and lean...I read about the whole macro nutrition idea and I calculated my BMR which is 1500...I currently work out 5 times week, doing about 30 mins cardio all of the 5 days (mostly stairs and HIIT running or elliptical) and add strength training for 3 of those days...I work a desk job so i do sit most of the day which sucks, and looking at basic macro info I need about 150g of protein a day?? I think i'm on the right track but I could really use some help and advice on how to progress a little faster...I'm including pics to show where my fat usually sits (mostly upper body ugh) and here is a sample of my eating day during the week. Any info on nutrition as well as workouts are appreciated!!

morning: smoothie with 1 scoop ON whey protein powder, spinach, fruit, chia seeds

mid-morning: string cheese

about an hr or 2 before lunch: almonds, some sort of nut mixture

lunch: usually a chicken salad (like a trader joes salad) or a turkey sandwich with carrots

5ish: fruit, usually an apple or banana

dinner: chicken breast or fish with sauteed veggies, usually spinach and kale or something

after dinner: usually another smoothie, only fruits/veggies this time, or choco milk or something small

oh and I could also use advice on supps? right now i use c4 as a preworkout, looking at these animal cuts/CLA/etc supps to help the fat loss, so any advice on that is appreciated too
    Attached Images
    Last edited by snickersbar; 06-25-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: supp info

ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArmstrongA has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by snickersbar View Post
    Ok so to give some context I am 25 y/o, 150 lbs, 5'8" with probably 25% bf?? (i might be wrong) and I lost about 15 lbs through cardio before, and I have recently introduced strength training to my workouts because I really want to get fit and lean...I read about the whole macro nutrition idea and I calculated my BMR which is 1500...I currently work out 5 times week, doing about 30 mins cardio all of the 5 days (mostly stairs and HIIT running or elliptical) and add strength training for 3 of those days...I work a desk job so i do sit most of the day which sucks, and looking at basic macro info I need about 150g of protein a day?? I think i'm on the right track but I could really use some help and advice on how to progress a little faster...I'm including pics to show where my fat usually sits (mostly upper body ugh) and here is a sample of my eating day during the week. Any info on nutrition as well as workouts are appreciated!!

morning: smoothie with 1 scoop ON whey protein powder, spinach, fruit, chia seeds

lunch: usually a chicken salad (like a trader joes salad) or a turkey sandwich with carrots

dinner: chicken breast or fish with sauteed veggies, usually spinach and kale or something

after dinner: usually another smoothie, only fruits/veggies this time, or choco milk or something small

oh and I could also use advice on supps? right now i use c4 as a preworkout, looking at these animal cuts/CLA/etc supps to help the fat loss, so any advice on that is appreciated too

If I were you, I would start by cutting out some of the fruits. Fruits are good for you but fruits are also sugar. A good smoothie in the morning is a great boost to start the day but having a second fruit smoothie in the evening, and apple for a snack and carrots (also break down into sugar) with lunch. Is a lot of sugar. Granted it's not a candy bar, it's still sugar. Just swap out carrots for a different vegetable. Peppers and hummus. Add a hardboiled egg as a snack in the morning or with lunch. Also, do you weigh out your nut mixture?? Nuts are great if you have the correct portion size. Nuts can be fatty if you have too much. (go with unsalted btw) Get some quinoa. It's loaded with protein. I make a half cup of quinoa to mix up with my steamed vegetables almost every night with dinner. It really depends on what you like to eat, these are just suggestions of what I like to eat. But kicking some of the sugar and replacing it with protein is a good way to start.

snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snickersbar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ArmstrongA View Post
    If I were you, I would start by cutting out some of the fruits. Fruits are good for you but fruits are also sugar. A good smoothie in the morning is a great boost to start the day but having a second fruit smoothie in the evening, and apple for a snack and carrots (also break down into sugar) with lunch. Is a lot of sugar. Granted it's not a candy bar, it's still sugar. Just swap out carrots for a different vegetable. Peppers and hummus. Add a hardboiled egg as a snack in the morning or with lunch. Also, do you weigh out your nut mixture?? Nuts are great if you have the correct portion size. Nuts can be fatty if you have too much. (go with unsalted btw) Get some quinoa. It's loaded with protein. I make a half cup of quinoa to mix up with my steamed vegetables almost every night with dinner. It really depends on what you like to eat, these are just suggestions of what I like to eat. But kicking some of the sugar and replacing it with protein is a good way to start.
    thank you!! I will try to replace my snacks with some protein...and thank you for the suggestions as to what protein snacks to switch out. Will definitely get some quinoa to replace my evening smoothie

eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You should really head, over to the nutrition section and read the sticky about calculating macros and caloric needs.
    Weight loss comes from diet, no supplement on earth will help you lose weight if you don't have your diet in check, calorie wise.

Location: Gateshead, Tyne And Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) violetelectric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think the BMR you've calculated sounds a little low.

For comparison, my personal trainer has calculated mine at 1680kcal (5ft 6, 144lb, body fat % in the low 20s). Remember that this is the absolute minimum you need to eat... For a long time I was overdoing the cardio (burning an additional 1000kcal per day) and under-eating (eating 1700 per day). All this really achieved was loss of muscle and low blood pressure.

To get a proper handle on it, you should pay more attention to your macros. 150g protein sounds good to me, but you'll also need 100-150g complex carbs (not sugar) and some healthy fats in there

ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100) ceska is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by snickersbar View Post

Like said before, keep the fruit in the morning, or after a workout. String cheese? that's not really an addition is it? (unless it is where you are from ).
    Make proper meals, go for meat/fish & veg and add some brown rice, sweet potato, rolled oats and quinoa to it. After dinner I wouldn't eat any more carbs. Go for good fat & protein. I work in a restaurant, when I get home I am always hungry and it's late, I either make some eggs, have some avocado & salmon, peanut butter, some left overs from dinner. what ever I can find. I usually cook big portions (as if I was cooking for a whole school) Then I just divide it over the day, so lunch & dinner. Since I try to eat multiple times a day I split my lunch and dinner in 2.

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think what you need is more help with the basics, I have an indepth explanation of what healthy eating for muscle building or fat loss means, and how to make your own plan if you have a look at my site - http://hotnfit.com - that should help with any confusion you may be finding with stickies and such (which I also recommend you look at if you haven't already).
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom