TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Too weak for any Deadlift variations

I've been trying to get on Allpros beginner routine after not lifting for ~4 years but I am having a lot of difficulty DLing. I've always had form problems so I always gave up on them whenever I used to try them but I think my sedentary lifestyle made everything worse. I cannot do RDLs or Stiff leg DLs without rounding my back. My shoulders cave in if I go too far and my back rounds anyway if I lower the bar even 6 inches. I also think I flex my lower back too hard as well. I constantly have lower back pain whenever I try them.

This is all just from practicing technique, not using any weight. What should I do to fix this? Are there exercises or stretches I can do? It's extremely frustrating because I'm trying to get back into shape now but this is holding me up.

Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jdorty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Start with lighter weight to practice form and take videos to post for advice.

Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100) Morolto is not very well liked. (-100)
    if you're rounding your back just from practicing with no weight, you need to increase your flexibility. Having lower back problems is widely linked to having low hamstring flexibility. My friend runs an XTS performance center. He said he's noticed that the people that round their backs on their squats and deadlifts tend to be his clients that dont test well on their sit-and-reach. Does this sound like you?

TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRealTmac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Morolto View Post
    if you're rounding your back just from practicing with no weight, you need to increase your flexibility. Having lower back problems is widely linked to having low hamstring flexibility. My friend runs an XTS performance center. He said he's noticed that the people that round their backs on their squats and deadlifts tend to be his clients that dont test well on their sit-and-reach. Does this sound like you?
    Yes my flexibility has always been a problem for me and I suppose with being dormant for a while it has only worsened.

MyCaloriesBurnThemselves mobythedictator's Avatar
    mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mobythedictator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do rack pulls at low weight and build up from there.

i don't do RDLs from the floor (or any other kind of DL from the floor) because i feel like the most dangerous part of that lift is the initial 8-10 inches when your back is closest to harmful flexion.
    during a rack pull, you have much better control of your form and can achieve healthy extension from the very start.