Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the new PreSurge. Before my last competition, I found out that the show was going to run FAST, as in...5 events in about 1.5 hours I believe? I was sipping on watered-down Gatorade all morning. About 30-40 minutes prior to the first event, I took one full scoop. I mixed another scoop with about 1.5 litres of half water, half Gatorade, and proceeded to drink it throughout the competition. This provided me with a nice, steady energy throughout the competition. At no time did I crash, nor did I feel at all jittery. I'm also glad that this doesn't give me big pump effects like a lot of other preworkout products, as I find that can be a bit of a hindrance during certain events.

My motivation to train hard and do well at higher level competitions is definitely coming back pretty strongly, and a good preworkout product like presurge definitely helps the process. PreSurge will absolutely be a staple in my arsenal for the rest of this competitive season, and I hope to hit many more PR's while using it!

I'll keep this log going for a bit longer...I'm not sure exactly when I'll be finished my tub, as when I went and purchased 3 more tubs of it, I had to get one of each flavour! needless to say, I've got multiple tubs on the go and am enjoying the variety.

beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beast69 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION View Post
    I applaud you man, you've made tremendous progress since those first video's you made for us when you were logging IntraXCell back in 2006'sh. I believe you were in our first round of loggers, when we had no idea what the forum was about. You and few others in that group, threw down some amazing logs and IntraXCell took off not long after. I remember your early farmers walk well.

Good stuff on the presurge, thank you. Honestly, the feedback so far has been nothing like I've seen for any other pre-workout right out of the gate. We're very optimistic for its growing success as word continues to spread around the forum and outward.
    That's pretty awesome! from my first experiences with your company, I hoped for nothing but the best for you guys. Every product you've released has had an incredibly strong scientific backing, in addition to real-world results. If I had more of a disposable income, I'd likely still be using most of your products on a regular basis.

And thank you for the props on my progress. It's been a long road with a ton of setbacks, but that's part of what makes it feel all that much better when I DO do well...knowing that I've been able to come back after various injuries and still lift things other people just gawk at. **steps off soapbox**

Originally Posted by E_P_C View Post
    well damn lol i guess i need to step it up

3 tubs?!?! very nice
    Haha. you might surprise yourself if you actually push it! Was your farmer's walk done with dumbbells or actual farmer's walk handles? I personally find dumbbells to be a bit harder as they will try to roll out of your hand, whereas farmer's handles have their center of gravity below the handle, so it's pulling more straight down. still have to walk with it though!

and yeah...about the 3 tubs...there were 3 flavours to choose from and I couldn't decide which one I might prefer!

Stone over bar (53") - 285X1, 330X1, 385X1, 335X1, 285X one motioned single - first time hitting the big 385 stone this year...seemed to go up pretty easy.

Log - clean one, press for reps - 195X8, 215X8, 235X8 - definitely more challenging than I expected, and reinforces the though that I need to do higher-rep sets on the log. Hopefully this should improve fairly quickly with a few more sessions.

Going to hit (likely) - car dead, farmer's, and tire later this weekend

E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by beast69 View Post
    Haha. you might surprise yourself if you actually push it! Was your farmer's walk done with dumbbells or actual farmer's walk handles? I personally find dumbbells to be a bit harder as they will try to roll out of your hand, whereas farmer's handles have their center of gravity below the handle, so it's pulling more straight down. still have to walk with it though!

and yeah...about the 3 tubs...there were 3 flavours to choose from and I couldn't decide which one I might prefer!
    It was the farmers walk handles. Turning with those things is a bish
    |~| EXTREME PULL UPS CREW |~|

SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hopefully I can catch you at Motor City's Strongest Man next year! Training looks intense and awesome. Glad you're enjoying Presurge!

The farmers walk apparatus is a bitch for sure. The dead hold with 240/side is brutal.

Originally Posted by SteelEdge View Post
    Hopefully I can catch you at Motor City's Strongest Man next year! Training looks intense and awesome. Glad you're enjoying Presurge!

The farmers walk apparatus is a bitch for sure. The dead hold with 240/side is brutal.
    I hope so too! I'm always checking out the NAS site for competitions within driving distance, especially when things are a little slow up here...it's also nice to compete against an entirely different group of people too!

Been slacking off on training this week. Been super busy and feeling a little run down...this will also be the first weekend in a while where I'm actually home all weekend, so I should be hitting events pretty hard. Just firming things up for another competiton in about 3 weeks...should be enough time to get ready!

SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SteelEdge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hope so too! I'm always checking out the NAS site for competitions within driving distance, especially when things are a little slow up here...it's also nice to compete against an entirely different group of people too!
    Agreed! We have a pretty solid group of guys here. If you ever plan on coming over, let me know.

Been slacking off on training this week. Been super busy and feeling a little run down...this will also be the first weekend in a while where I'm actually home all weekend, so I should be hitting events pretty hard. Just firming things up for another competiton in about 3 weeks...should be enough time to get ready!
    Do you have any kind of schedule leading to an event? Do you try and "peak" in any away?

E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its happens, in for some heavy lifting this weekend

Agreed! We have a pretty solid group of guys here. If you ever plan on coming over, let me know.

Do you have any kind of schedule leading to an event? Do you try and "peak" in any away?
    For sure. I'll be doing a comp near Buffalo, NY soon...kind of in the other direction from you, but similar distance for me!

leading to an event, I mostly just try to focus on the events of my most important comp of the year (usually provincials, but I'm unable to go this year). Heaviest/hardest training day is about two weeks prior, then a light event day the weekend before just going through the motions and keeping fresh, maybe a full body workout after that if I feel like it.

This year has been a little different as I've been finding out about these comps only a few weeks in advance, so it's keeping me on my toes. I'm basically trying to hit my weak events, and stay tuned on my good events.

For sure. I'll be doing a comp near Buffalo, NY soon...kind of in the other direction from you, but similar distance for me!

leading to an event, I mostly just try to focus on the events of my most important comp of the year (usually provincials, but I'm unable to go this year). Heaviest/hardest training day is about two weeks prior, then a light event day the weekend before just going through the motions and keeping fresh, maybe a full body workout after that if I feel like it.

This year has been a little different as I've been finding out about these comps only a few weeks in advance, so it's keeping me on my toes. I'm basically trying to hit my weak events, and stay tuned on my good events.
    What's the date for the buffalo comp? Ill actually be on the road for most of June, part of it in Buffalo.

What are your weak events right now?

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been busy with a few things and forgot to drop in! Those videos you posted are f**king motivational dude. I get off to seeing strongman stuff like this!

Glad I picked you as a logger and you seem to be getting good results from Presurge
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Farmer's Walk (turn at half) - 270's X 120', 270's X 120'

Log Press(clean once) - 195X8, 225X8, 245X5 - crapped out on this today. Definitely going to keep up with the higher reps on log for a while and hit a heavier press during the week methinks.

Car Deadlift - Handles all the way in X5, 5 - Trunk was loaded with crap...probably made it a good bit heavier.

Not used to doing so many reps on my lighter sets of log press...usually try to save my strength for my top set...definitely exposing some weaknesses here, but it will be addressed!

16" deadlift - worked up to 635X3 (no belt)

Squat - worked up to 405X5 (no belt), 455X6(belt)

GM's (reps paused on pins, focus on driving hips) - 225X8, 245X8, 275X12

Not too shabby today for mostly beltless work

What's the date for the buffalo comp? Ill actually be on the road for most of June, part of it in Buffalo.

What are your weak events right now?
    Buffalo comp is June 15th. It's just outside buffalo. I can forward you the details if you're interested.

Weak events? I'd say farmer's walk, heavy pressing for reps (I hit a 350 log last year, but have still never been able to hit more than 4-5 reps on a 270 log), as well as simply gassing on events before the time limit. I was competing at a bodyweight of about 305-310 last year, so I definitely feel like I have more endurance at my current ~280lbs bodyweight, but I still need to hit the higher rep stuff more often than I have been.

Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    I've been busy with a few things and forgot to drop in! Those videos you posted are f**king motivational dude. I get off to seeing strongman stuff like this!

Glad I picked you as a logger and you seem to be getting good results from Presurge
    Haha. Thanks! Gotta say I usually feel like superman on 2 scoops of PreSurge..definitely going to be a staple for me for a while.

Farmer's Walk (turn at half) - 270's X 120', 270's X 120'

Log Press(clean once) - 195X8, 225X8, 245X5 - crapped out on this today. Definitely going to keep up with the higher reps on log for a while and hit a heavier press during the week methinks.

Car Deadlift - Handles all the way in X5, 5 - Trunk was loaded with crap...probably made it a good bit heavier.

Not used to doing so many reps on my lighter sets of log press...usually try to save my strength for my top set...definitely exposing some weaknesses here, but it will be addressed!

16" deadlift - worked up to 635X3 (no belt)

Squat - worked up to 405X5 (no belt), 455X6(belt)

GM's (reps paused on pins, focus on driving hips) - 225X8, 245X8, 275X12

Not too shabby today for mostly beltless work
    Awesome work there

Hows it going in here?

Hows it going in here?
    Everything is going great! I had the week off of training to recover for today's competition. Took 1st place, using PreSurge of course I will put up the video and writeup tomorrow

German Fest Strongman 2013 - Amherst, New York

I was pretty excited for this event. I had no idea who was going to be at this competition, and even if I did, I know nothing about what most of them are capable of. It's always fun to compete against a completely different group of athletes. Mike Landrich also puts on a pretty good show, and usually has some challenging or unique equipment, so it was hard to say no to this one! The only thing I wasn't looking forward to was the soft, soggy ground. It was definitely going to make things a little more challenging, but that's strongman I suppose.

Event 1 - Keg Loading Race - 160lb kegs carried 50' each to platform - 3rd place

Although they were light kegs, I normally gas out on events like this. because of the distance to the platform, I decided shouldering them may be my best option. Top few time were pretty close on this event,, as there were a few quick, athletic guys here, so I was content with a 3rd place finish on this one.

Event 2 - Log Press - 275lbs for reps - 1st place

Log for reps has been tough for me for a while now, as I normally gas out after a couple of reps no matter what the weight is. The reps to beat at this point was 5, which was my current PR for this weight, and something I haven't matched this year. I did 5 reps before putting it down, followed by one more after a breather to secure the lead. The soggy ground played a factor here and left most guys feeling very unstable. I am very happy with a PR here!

Event 3 - Farmer's Walk for Distance - 255lbs/hand - 2nd place

These implements felt a tad awkward, but the biggest factor again (at least for me) seemed to be the soggy ground. My feet were sinking in to the ground with every step, causing fatigue to set in much quicker than normal. there were a few guys bottle-necked at 100' because they didn't complete the turn, so I knew it was imperative for me to at least get the nose of the implements around the turn and on to the other side of the line. I succeeded, getting a few extra points for the sake of a few inches or so.

Event 4 - Arm Over Arm Tractor Pull Sled - 1st place

This was an interesting event that not too many people have had a chance to do before. contrary to a standard arm over arm pull, the further you pull, the heavier the pull becomes. There was a Loading pin that, as pulled, would shift the weight up the sled, further from the tires, and more on to the skis/sled at the front. definitely a challenging event, and very cool to try something new in a competition for a change!

Event 5 - Crucifix Hold - 30lb Kegs - 1st place

I believe the current leader had somewhere around 20-21 seconds. Never having done a crucifix hold before, I wasn't really sure what to expect from myself. We also weren't allowed to use the handles on the kegs, but instead had to grip the rim with our fingertips. I went to my happy place, and when I heard Mike say I was at 15 seconds, I knew there was no way I was losing this event. definitely one that pays to go last on.

Event 6 - 250lb Husafell Carry - 50' for time - 1st place

I consider this to be a very light carry, but I was actually a bit concerned going in to it. The time started right when the husafell left the ground, and a few guys were around the 6.5 second mark, so there was absolutely no room for error, nor for adjusting your grip. I decided not to think about it and do whatever came naturally. I was a little surprised, but very excited when Mike told my I hit a sub 6 second time...clear win on this event rather than being up to the ref's reaction speed. Beckie told me afterwards that she's pretty sure she's never seen me move this fast before!

I am pretty happy with my performance today, taking home1st place overall. Some of the events were a little on the lighter side, but still challenging considering the surface conditions and that there were some pretty athletic competitors here. Throw in some free beer it the end, and it made for a pretty good day!

I'll be putting up my final thoughts on this product tonight or tomorrow, as I'm pretty sure I'm through at least one tub (a little hard to tell for sure since I bought more in the mean time!), however, I would like to keep updating this log for another two weeks, as I prepare for my third competition of the year. I usually take the week off beforehand, so that leaves me with this week to familiarize myself with the evnts before I giv'er! I forsee mostly event training for the next week or so.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll be putting up my final thoughts on this product tonight or tomorrow, as I'm pretty sure I'm through at least one tub (a little hard to tell for sure since I bought more in the mean time!), however, I would like to keep updating this log for another two weeks, as I prepare for my third competition of the year. I usually take the week off beforehand, so that leaves me with this week to familiarize myself with the evnts before I giv'er! I forsee mostly event training for the next week or so.
    Thank you so much!

Can we train together? <3

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Everything is going great! I had the week off of training to recover for today's competition. Took 1st place, using PreSurge of course I will put up the video and writeup tomorrow
    Great job!

Awesome good to hear you are enjoying it that much

Thank you so much!

Can we train together? <3
    Bahaha. Sure! You can come up to my gym any time...how far is it from Texas?

Great job!

Awesome good to hear you are enjoying it that much
    Thank you! I really am liking it...just trying to find the time to do a quality write-up. Also had a bit of a TV opportunity come up for this weekend (strongman related of course!) so that is taking up the rest of my time unfortunately

Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Trans_Isomer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looking forward to your final writeup

I would like to apologize for the incredibly late response to this thread.

Overall review!

Taste - Out of the 3 flavours I tried, Juicy Watermelon and Fruit Punch were pretty close for top spots. Grape Bubblegum was nice to have for a change, and though I initially really liked it, It got old quick. Props to AEN for trying something a little different though. I would love to get my hands on some citrus flavoured PreSurge though, as I have loved just about every aen (and other companies) products in this flavour.

Mixability - It was a bit of a pain to get everything dissolved when stirring, but throw it in a bottle/shaker cup, and everything dissolved easily. No complaints here!

Energy - The energy I got from PreSurge was definitely top notch. The sweet spot for me (at about 6', 285lbs) was normally 1.5 scoops, or up to 2 scoops if I was really dragging. The only time I went over this amount was during competitions, and the majority of it was sipped on over the course of a couple of hours. It kept my energy levels pretty steady throughout entire competitions. No crash, no jitters, and no obvious "pump" effects for me, which is actually good, as that can really slow me down during certain events.

Focus - This effect was probably even more obvious than the energy aspect. Focus was pretty intense, sometimes creating an almost tunnel-like effect. this made it much easier to avoid distractions during long event training days.

Overall performance - On of my main goals during this log was to get back to some of my numbers from last year, and begin to exceed them. Mission accomplished. I've hit the majority of my old PR's and, in some cases, exceeded them, and I am still steadily improving. Obviously training and nutrition (or stuffing my face ) play a big part in this, but PreSurge was a welcome tool. I made it much easier to actually get some training in after long days doing physical work in a warehouse.

I originally had a competition this weekend, but due to lack of interest, it will be more of a Demo instead. I'll be treating it wore like a glorified training day and still taking it seriously.

I'm sure I've missed a few things here, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, and I will be happy to answer them!

Just a low-volume event training day before the demo on Canada Day (July first...Not to be confuse with the American Independence Day on July 4th

I would like to apologize for the incredibly late response to this thread.

Overall review!

Taste - Out of the 3 flavours I tried, Juicy Watermelon and Fruit Punch were pretty close for top spots. Grape Bubblegum was nice to have for a change, and though I initially really liked it, It got old quick. Props to AEN for trying something a little different though. I would love to get my hands on some citrus flavoured PreSurge though, as I have loved just about every aen (and other companies) products in this flavour.

Mixability - It was a bit of a pain to get everything dissolved when stirring, but throw it in a bottle/shaker cup, and everything dissolved easily. No complaints here!

Energy - The energy I got from PreSurge was definitely top notch. The sweet spot for me (at about 6', 285lbs) was normally 1.5 scoops, or up to 2 scoops if I was really dragging. The only time I went over this amount was during competitions, and the majority of it was sipped on over the course of a couple of hours. It kept my energy levels pretty steady throughout entire competitions. No crash, no jitters, and no obvious "pump" effects for me, which is actually good, as that can really slow me down during certain events.

Focus - This effect was probably even more obvious than the energy aspect. Focus was pretty intense, sometimes creating an almost tunnel-like effect. this made it much easier to avoid distractions during long event training days.

Overall performance - On of my main goals during this log was to get back to some of my numbers from last year, and begin to exceed them. Mission accomplished. I've hit the majority of my old PR's and, in some cases, exceeded them, and I am still steadily improving. Obviously training and nutrition (or stuffing my face ) play a big part in this, but PreSurge was a welcome tool. I made it much easier to actually get some training in after long days doing physical work in a warehouse.

I originally had a competition this weekend, but due to lack of interest, it will be more of a Demo instead. I'll be treating it wore like a glorified training day and still taking it seriously.

I'm sure I've missed a few things here, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, and I will be happy to answer them!
    Awesome, thanks for the review and great log. Good luck with the meet

Just a low-volume event training day before the demo on Canada Day (July first...Not to be confuse with the American Independence Day on July 4th

I know you are done with the review and I appreciate it! I want to know, were these tools welded yourself? I've been looking at getting more strongman equipment.

- GZA "4th Chamber"

I know you are done with the review and I appreciate it! I want to know, were these tools welded yourself? I've been looking at getting more strongman equipment.
    sorry for the late reply. My computer logged me out, and I couldn't for the life of me find the BB.com log in button, so I stopped checking in for a bit.

These were not welded by myself, however, I do know of a few fellow competitors who have welded their own stuff. If you know a welder, most will do work for a case of beer in my experience!

If you have someone do it with no strongman experience though, I would talk to someone who has built equipment first. A buddy of mine had a steel log built by a welder friend of his a number of years back. The thing is perfectly balanced and looks beautiful. The problem? It weighs about 400lbs with no added weight! He's said on few occasions that if someone can lift it, they can have it!

If you are interested, I think I could put you in contact with someone who could probably help you out a bit...unfortunately I know no one in Texas though, so for purchasing equipment, you may have to do a little searching yourself.