Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

@ Phattso...no one needs to be a Bible or theology scholar. This thread is for people who bb to also come together to share, support and encourage each other through God...it's just nice to find some like-minded peeps like yourself and others! I think that that was the original intent, from what I can tell, of this thread.

edit to add...I honestly hope it brings many people together, all over. No matter where one's faith walk is, no matter how much you think God won't accept you back because you've 'done something,' no matter if you believe or not...I'm hopeful this thread serves as a bridge, at least to everyone.

I stumble constantly, I wish I could say I don't. Just because I say I believe, doesn't mean it's always apparent in my actions. I work on that daily, though...and only because God enables me to 'carry my crosses.'

We all carry crosses. That's the thing. And God won't remove them, but He'll help you carry them. If you let Him.

I'm just trying my best too, phattso. That's all we can do.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JoeLytham View Post
    Hallelujah David!

(being British I'm too reserved to say that in public, but it seemed an appropriate response here!)
    haha!

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    May God bless my people.

PopeGregorius, Pontifex Maximus
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

Originally Posted by PopeGregorius View Post
    May God bless my people.

PopeGregorius, Pontifex Maximus

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Here's an article I thought was kinda cool...found it from a site called www.powerliftingchristians.com.
    Enjoy.

The Anabolic Evolution of Modern Bodybuilding
    By: Mario Strong

Today, drugs in some professional sports have become mainstream. The hypocrisy of Major League Baseball serves as a wake up call for an American culture that indulges in careless living by risking its health through poor nutrition, alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, etc. Before we can hope to see bodybuilding return to its roots in physical culture, we will first have to witness a 'new way of life' throughout our society.

Since the early days of physical culture, modern man has been searching for the elusive "Fountain of Youth". The promise of radiant health, enduring strength and a Herculean physique has drawn millions on this quest for physical perfection.

Through the early decades of bodybuilding, the forefathers of physical culture established basic guidelines for the muscle enthusiast to follow. Natural foods, resistance training, plenty of rest, and a positive outlook in life were the primary ingredients for achieving ones goals. The demand for knowledge on 'how to' reach the stars would result in millions of booklets being sold by mail order, while magazine stands and bookshelves were continually restocked with the latest 'muscle building secrets'. Tons of steel and exercise equipment would find its way into the homes of thousands of Americans all across our nation. Health clubs and iron gyms would sprout up in local neighborhoods and towns, while physique competitions were held to determine who the best in the land was. The strong roots of physical culture were taking grip in our society, and the mighty oak of bodybuilding would soon branch out through every city in America.

A new 'way of life' became a reality for many as the 'body beautiful' movement swung into high gear. For decades the much traveled road to muscledom kept its promise, then by the mid-60's what seemed pure and natural took a wrong turn setting the course of modern bodybuilding down a dead end. The introduction of anabolic steroids into the sport of bodybuilding would usher in a new era of super sized and equally strong muscular physiques that would attract millions of young men with a desire to achieve the same naturally unattainable goals.

Along with the growth of the sport, the physiques continued to become bigger and more vascular as bodybuilders experimented with 'stacking' the latest in designer muscle enhancing pharmaceuticals. Magazine and ticket sales were at a peak and bodybuilding competitions were seen regularly on network TV. The popularity of the sport was soaring high. Then, what could have been mostly prevented by not promoting and rewarding individuals whose physiques were chemically altered became a reality as the widespread use of drugs in the sport became relevant.

Words such as steroids, cycling, and growth hormones became common place in our gyms, and juicing no longer meant enjoying your favorite health drink. Reports of bodybuilders on dialysis and with heart ailments became a frequent occurrence while the eventual death of several competitive pros hit home hard. What had been a dark cloud in a sport with such great potential turned into a storm that spread its vast shadow on a culture that once shined.

Organizations dedicated to natural bodybuilding and a healthy lifestyle would soon respond to the call for a return to the ideals set forth by the forefathers of physical culture. Physique promoters throughout the land created natural bodybuilding competitions so athletes could compete on a level playing field without running the risk of ruining their health. Publications featuring natural bodybuilders began to spread the gospel of healthy living through proper nutrition and exercise. The televised media developed new bodybuilding and fitness programs to inspire future generations of natural iron pumpers. And as the age of cyber space came upon us, the Internet became a resource of concepts and opinions for bodybuilders to learn and express their views with other physique artist throughout the World. The new millennium is here and those dedicated to physical culture have begun to prevail as the radiant beacon of light from the torch of natural living begins to shine through the storm.

Author Bio
    Mario Strong is a published author, trainer, show promoter, national judge, competitor, gym owner, and recognized bodybuilding authority with over 40 years as a proponent for natural bodybuilding.
    To learn more about natural muscle building and bodybuilding's golden era go to http://www.mariostrong.com
    Last edited by whatevergirl; 05-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Lightbulb

Lead singer from tenth avenue north, on why life's sometimes hard, but how God's most awesome plans often come through the storms in our lives. I hope you choose to take a few minutes to listen.

JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good message. I checked out their music too, pretty good.
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

5x5 1RM lbs current/(start) - Squat 267 (80), Bench 198 (70), D/Lift 310 (140)

Good message. I checked out their music too, pretty good.
    Glad you liked.

I posted this in the female misc too, but just wanted to share.

At church today, the pastor talked about memorial day. And he said something that stuck with me. He asked...are you like them? (them meaning, our soldiers) He said...they put their lives on the line...on our behalf. And while we all know that, we don't think of the depth of that, sometimes. We offer thanksgiving and gratitude towards our troops, but do we stop to think...of the true hard sacrifice it is, to give up one's life for people you don't know? That you may never know? That you may never meet?

For many of us, we can say...we'd die for a friend or family member...but would we surrender our lives for strangers? It really made me think. Yes, someone else, is putting his/her life on the line...for ME. On my behalf. Taking MY place. So I don't have to fight for my freedoms, and safety.

It just stuck with me today, and probably always will.

Adding onto this here in this thread, it reminds me too of Christ, and His sacrifice. How he took our places, and how sometimes we don't think of the depth of all that.

Would you die for someone you don't know?

Food for thought. Have a good weekend, peeps!

JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000) JoeLytham is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well have a good day tomorrow. We have a public holiday tomorrow in the UK too, although ours was originally for Whit/Pentecost but now called Spring Bank Holiday. We remember our fallen heroes at 11am on 11/11.
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

Well have a good day tomorrow. We have a public holiday tomorrow in the UK too, although ours was originally for Whit/Pentecost but now called Spring Bank Holiday. We remember our fallen heroes at 11am on 11/11.
    Oh, I forget, you are in the UK. lol
    I hope you enjoy the day, too. Going to sleep in me thinks! I went to a friend's house tonight for a party. Lots of good fun.

Tuesday will come around before we know it.
    Have a great day.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well it doesnt look like im doing anything for the holiday so I guess ill keep pressing for good weight loss this week. I am on target to lose 1.6 pounds this week.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I realize that God gave me crappy bodybuilding genetics because he didn't want me to be obsessed with the outward man and its appearance. He knows (and I know) that it would have been an idol before Him. Therefore, I will be happy with the little gains I get here and there.
    David

tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tailwhip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Christian here. 22 years old, married to a beautiful woman who is 12 weeks pregnant, and I'm a manager at a heating and air installation company. Couldn't be anymore thankful.

Bless all my bros and sisters in Christ ITT

The previous two posts go very well together! Like you 2nd chance, I'm not going to have a great physique (maybe one day a passable one), but like you tailwhip I have many blessings to be grateful for, all of which are far more important than the way I look. Congratulations Tailwhip on the happy news, I wish you and your wife all the best for the coming months.
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

Originally Posted by stingray72 View Post
    Well it doesnt look like im doing anything for the holiday so I guess ill keep pressing for good weight loss this week. I am on target to lose 1.6 pounds this week.
    hi stingray -- good luck with this!
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    I realize that God gave me crappy bodybuilding genetics because he didn't want me to be obsessed with the outward man and its appearance. He knows (and I know) that it would have been an idol before Him. Therefore, I will be happy with the little gains I get here and there.
    I like this insight, david.
    Even though we all look FABulous

Originally Posted by tailwhip View Post
    Christian here. 22 years old, married to a beautiful woman who is 12 weeks pregnant, and I'm a manager at a heating and air installation company. Couldn't be anymore thankful.

Bless all my bros and sisters in Christ ITT
    Aw, how wonderful! Welcome and prayers for your wife, to have a safe and healthy pregnancy.

The previous two posts go very well together! Like you 2nd chance, I'm not going to have a great physique (maybe one day a passable one), but like you tailwhip I have many blessings to be grateful for, all of which are far more important than the way I look. Congratulations Tailwhip on the happy news, I wish you and your wife all the best for the coming months.
    Hi Joe!

Have a great week, peeps!

Hi WEG, you have a great one too!
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50) BCJaeger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey everyone!

I just stumbled into this thread and I wanted to say how encouraging it was for me. I was actually saved just about a year ago, and God has poured grace out on old parts of my mind that used to worship bodybuilding and self-image. I am blessed to share that story today and I'm really glad this little thread is here
    --Live and Lift

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    hi stingray -- good luck with this!

Thanks. I ended up losing 2.2 pounds this week.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

Originally Posted by BCJaeger View Post
    Hey everyone!

I just stumbled into this thread and I wanted to say how encouraging it was for me. I was actually saved just about a year ago, and God has poured grace out on old parts of my mind that used to worship bodybuilding and self-image. I am blessed to share that story today and I'm really glad this little thread is here
    Welcome and yes, God can change a heart that's willing right?
    I'm glad you stopped to share this.
    Originally Posted by stingray72 View Post
    Thanks. I ended up losing 2.2 pounds this week.
    Cool beans that's awesome!

bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    still job hunting

prayers appreciated for God opening the right doors
    ▪█───────█▪
    \_(ツ)_/

+Positive Crew+
    *no porn crew*
    *Minimalist Crew*
    *WetBreast is gonna make it crew*

Aw, I'm sorry. something good will turn up. Prayers for you, bluejay.

Originally Posted by bluejay83 View Post
    still job hunting

prayers appreciated for God opening the right doors

FINDING MY WAY BACK marcodeniro's Avatar
    marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) marcodeniro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hello
    No Blood No Sweat No Tears No Pain
    NO GAINS

My account has been messed up here the past few days :/
    Think it's fixed now lol

Hope u are all doing well this week.

Oh and hai Marco!

Night peeps

DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000) DeTazMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Happy Friday to the CBB's. Hope Everyone has a blessed weekend and May God bless You and Keep you

Originally Posted by DeTazMan View Post
    Happy Friday to the CBB's. Hope Everyone has a blessed weekend and May God bless You and Keep you
    same to you, friend!

i was wondering everyone, anyone here ever get involved with prison ministries? like you go to a prison wherever, and you help people there? pray with them, etc? i have had this on my heart for some time, and i think i need to explore it, now. so many lost people, living in prison with little to no hope. not for me to judge HOW they got there, but i want to help them have hope.

i'd be interested in hearing any experiences some of u might have, if u care to share?

have a good weekend, all. bless u!

I haven't done any ministry work but I have been into a high security prison to play rugby against a team of inmates. Prior to the game we were apprehensive - apparently some of the team had committed murder and we were expecting a lot of rough stuff. As it turned out they seemed like a normal bunch of guys - we spent some time with them afterwards. You wouldn't have guessed who were the murderers - most were youths who were in for car and drug crime (so not sure why they were in a high security jail) and somewhere along the line they had made the wrong choices for whatever reason. Some will respond to help, counselling and prayer and turn their lives around, so if you are being called to do this then I am sure whatever you can do will be well received. However a lot will not respond making this is a very tough thing to do. I suggest you find out a lot more about what you can do, keep praying and I'll pray for guidance for you too.

So my only feedback is that they shouldn't all be written off - I felt the
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

Joe, this has been SO helpful! God doesn't write anyone off is my thought so why should we? I don't like how our prison system is run...treat human beings like animals. U know?
    These people need help. Thank u for praying for me over this!

So what time is it in the UK, Joe?

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Joe, this has been SO helpful! God doesn't write anyone off is my thought so why should we? I don't like how our prison system is run...treat human beings like animals. U know?
    These people need help. Thank u for praying for me over this!

So what time is it in the UK, Joe?
    From what I can see, our system is tough, but gives them some respect. They have the opportunities to turn themselves round, but many find themselves unable to do that due to being young, impressionable and therefore vulnerable to peer pressure. When they do get out, support is not necessarily there. With the economy the way it is, it then makes it easier to fall back into crime.

We are 5 to 8 hours ahead in the UK, depending on where in the US you are. So now its a sunny morning here you should all be asleep!
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatEars has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys i'm new to this thread thought i'd ask for you guys to keep me in your prayers

my name is david and i'm just having a rough time right now, recently ended things with my girlfriend and was in a bad car accident tonight where my car was completely smashed against a traffic light pole from a car in another lane that lost control and hydroplaned but i turned out okay with minor injuries to my leg and neck thanks to god looking out for me

i'm really trying hard to stay positive and being so thankful for every opportunity god brings my way and for being alive and safe

you'll be seeing a lot more of me aroudn here
    {:DSC:}

Yellow teeth? - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148412423

Sorry to hear about your problems FatEars. It's good that you can be positive and realise that things could have been worse. Check out WEG's video link to 10th Avenue North above (#516) in which the singer talks about his car crash and the way it made him feel. Prayers for you at Sunday's service!
    Joe Lytham

- Cutting slowly

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast