Thread: Pecs Pain

skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Pecs Pain

Hi,

I have been having pain on my pec area for some time now. I have tried physical therapy while I was going treating a knee problem, but it didn't help. The therapy was pretty much just streching laying on top of the foam roll.

I have been told it's most likely a strain on the chest cartilage. The pain i stronger in the very middle of the chest but expands to the whole chest area. I can mostly feel the pain when flex my pec, or doing a movement of a pushup.

I was wondering if I should give PT a new try, or do acupuncture or see a chiropractor. I am not sure what is more likely to work. I have taken anti-inflammatory which made it get better, but after I stopped, pain came back.

I really appreciate if you have suggestions.

Thanks so much

aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If u can afford it an MRI scan to see if there is a tear in the muscle. Rest and time to heal. PT will help but u have to heal a little b4 u start. Skip the chiro.
    Active release therapy might be a possibility.

skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skubaman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi, well I would do an MRI if the doctor recommended.
    I went to this orthopedist, well known to be very good and take care of local athletes, and he just told me that I am too old to be doing heavy beach presses. Told me not to worry it would go away.
    It's been over 1 year.
    Not sure what to do.

aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10) aguy0523 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    u taking any joint support pills? helps with cartilage.
    if it was a tear the pain should have subsided after a year.

r u still benching? if so stop 4 now.

maybe a Deep tissue Massage might help. Could have scar tissue which is causing the pain?

a year??? get a 2nd opinion from an other ortho.

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Deep tissue massage, and I mean deep.

I nearly cried once...

BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skubaman View Post
    Hi, well I would do an MRI if the doctor recommended.
    I went to this orthopedist, well known to be very good and take care of local athletes, and he just told me that I am too old to be doing heavy beach presses. Told me not to worry it would go away.
    It's been over 1 year.
    Not sure what to do.
    sounds like you went to the wrong orthopedic doctor.

Find a mature doctor who actually willing to help. Chest injuries can take a VERY long time to heal, that is true. However, explain to the doctor that you want to quit playing guessing games and know for sure. Sometimes you have to be aggressive to even know what is going on.

Best of luck to you!

When I went to the ortho was when he was treating my knee. So I took advantage that I was there and talked about my chest. But he didn't give much importance to it.

It's not a super pain, but it does keep me away from working out. It used to also hurt after training jiu jitsu. Now, the only thing I do it surf on the weekends.

I made an appointment at the chiropractor on monday. Let's see if he figures out what's wrong.

Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmy p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would get a second opinion from another orthopedic Dr. The answer the first one gave you that you are getting too old seems like an easy answer.