Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 5128
    mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As a previous skinny, I have gained about 25lbs in the last couple of years of consistent hard workouts and strict nutrition. I've had 1 significant setback but I've come a long way.

Now as 174lbs is the heaviest I've been and with summer approaching, I want to get ripped. As an ectomorph I'm nervous on how to approach this. I've been eating 7 meals and a 1000 calories of weight gainer shake every day.

I want to get a perfect diet while cutting but I'm worried about losing muscle. Any advice would be grateful.

Last summer I went on holiday for a week and dropped 5lbs and came back quite ripped as seen in some of my September pictures.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mcc0y View Post
    As a previous skinny, I have gained about 25lbs in the last couple of years of consistent hard workouts and strict nutrition. I've had 1 significant setback but I've come a long way.

Now as 174lbs is the heaviest I've been and with summer approaching, I want to get ripped. As an ectomorph I'm nervous on how to approach this. I've been eating 7 meals and a 1000 calories of weight gainer shake every day.

I want to get a perfect diet while cutting but I'm worried about losing muscle. Any advice would be grateful.

Last summer I went on holiday for a week and dropped 5lbs and came back quite ripped as seen in some of my September pictures.

Okay, here is my advice on the subject of cutting with minimum muscle loss.

1. Keep your rep range the same for the most part 8-12 reps. What helped you gain the muscle will help you keep it.
    2. Pick up a BCAA, works very well on a cut, and since you will working out much harder and possibly longer it will help you from going catabolic. You can take this before or during your workout.
    3. Let the cardio and diet changes burn the fat, and the weightlifting help keep your muscle.
    4. I woudn't do anymore than 45 minutes of cardio at one specific time. Try sticking to HIT cardio, such as sprinting/interval training, or jump roping.

Get your BF % checked and record your measurements.

with that being said

1.) first cut your carbs by 25%........by doing so you should also shed some water weight. Check your weight after 2 weeks and see if shedding some fat. I personally wouldn't want to shed weight too fast because then you will be losing some muscle also. I would look to lose somewhere from 4-6 lbs a month.

----> once you stall out and no more weight is being lost then do the following

ADD CARDIO- CHANGE ONE FACTOR AT A TIME, TO SEE WHAT IS HELPING SHED THE WEIGHT

2.)Add cardio, first add 3 sessions of 30 mins a week, HIT as stated above, check weight after 2 weeks. If stall out build up to 6 sessions of 45 minute intervals. So end will be 6 days of cardio doing 45 minutes at a time. Check weight after 2 weeks after building up the sessions..

-----> IF YOU STALL OUT again.....

3.) Cut your carbs again by 25% ......you can also use a rotational diet.

should help you shed unwanted fat

hope this helps

ratios to start I would aim 40% carbs 40% protein 20 % fat.
    Last edited by redmond3; 04-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

tim3190 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello skinnies. I just joined this forum recently. It's great to see the support you guys give each other and I know I'm benefiting just from reading through! I'm 23 years old, about to graduate college, and head into the medical field as a registered nurse. I've always struggled with putting on weight, but recently got back into weightlifting consistently. I think I found one of my biggest problems recently. I never really ate much of a breakfast (just like a bannana and some milk). I've finally gained more motivation to actually do something about my diet and exercise. Recently, I've been more diligent in making a breakfast shake (since it's easier to drink the calories than eat them in the morning for me). Mix up some oats, peanut butter, and way and I'm set. I've been doing this for 2 months now along with eating more whole foods and lifting 4 days a week. I started out at 148 pounds and now I'm 164 pounds. I've been taking some creatine and just whey protein as supplements. I hope this routine will stick with me as I aim for my goal of bulking up and weight in the 170lb range. I am 6' tall, not sure what my bf% is but I'm sure it's not that much, being a skinny haha. Hope that I can become more a part of this discussion forum and receive support from you guys and reciprocate the that support. I guess being in the medical field I have some knowledge as to the anatomy and physiology of the body, hopefully I can put some of this to use. Looking forward to being a part of the skinnies

sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey everyone, soooooo I know what it's like to start off super skinny, I used to think my 13 or 14" arms were pretty big but that's cause i started off with like 12's LOL, I'm around 16-17 now I believe, so this channel would show my progression as I grow outta the skinninnes hahaha, I can relate to a lot of people and I will in my videos too lol
    So I'm a.....teen who bodybuilds? If I said bodybuilder, It'd make me sound huge aha, well, I hope i don't come off as obnoxious or annoying on here, but I'm looking for...friends/subscribers aha, people to give me some positive criticism, and also support me, I've made myself a YouTube channel finally, always wanted to and now I have....aaaaaand I know if you do go check them out, I'm all boring and dull, I'm still getting used to presenting info, I normally got stage fright lol but support would be really nice! I'm not on there to get a million subs, I'm on there for fun and to share info etc, but....some subs would be nice I'm not huge or anything but I've studied a lot and I also learn a lot in my classes, also other friends feed me info from their classes too
    Check me out if you'd like, TeamSwole3

Registered User thatswhatshesed's Avatar
    thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sadeqshah View Post
    Hey everyone, soooooo I know what it's like to start off super skinny, I used to think my 13 or 14" arms were pretty big but that's cause i started off with like 12's LOL, I'm around 16-17 now I believe, so this channel would show my progression as I grow outta the skinninnes hahaha, I can relate to a lot of people and I will in my videos too lol
    So I'm a.....teen who bodybuilds? If I said bodybuilder, It'd make me sound huge aha, well, I hope i don't come off as obnoxious or annoying on here, but I'm looking for...friends/subscribers aha, people to give me some positive criticism, and also support me, I've made myself a YouTube channel finally, always wanted to and now I have....aaaaaand I know if you do go check them out, I'm all boring and dull, I'm still getting used to presenting info, I normally got stage fright lol but support would be really nice! I'm not on there to get a million subs, I'm on there for fun and to share info etc, but....some subs would be nice I'm not huge or anything but I've studied a lot and I also learn a lot in my classes, also other friends feed me info from their classes too
    provide some links or something and ill check it out, welcome
    Certified GIF reactionist

++Positive Crew++

Reps back

sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100) sadeqshah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by thatswhatshesed View Post
    I didn't know I could actually post links on here, I thought they like blocked them or something :/
    iiiiin case it doesn't work, the channel name is TeamSwole3, it'll be the first thing that appears, can't miss it

Okay, well that was my original message with a link in it, and I can't use it yet cause I don't have enough posts yet :'(

matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000) matpat3000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys!! I actually have gained a decent amount of weight in the past after being a skinny phuck. Problem is, I started a new job in which I wasn't used to the hours and lost all motivation/energy to go to the gym so I haven't been in way too long.

I've read about 30 pages on here but didn't get the answer I was looking for. I see that a full body workout would probably be best for me? Is there a specific one I should be looking into and following? I am ready to get back into this thing.
    BOSTON MISC CREW

Please...stay safe thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139014513

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSwole3

tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Still looking pretty lean brah. keep it up
    Thanks bro

Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    you should increase your fats, to 20% healthy fats will help you see better progress. Don't want your fats too low, they are essential for hormone production and other functions.

nice progress, 30 lbs, how much more are you trying to put on?
    Originally Posted by Lanithroe View Post
    Awesome pictures bro!, I 2nd on the fat intake.
    I usually go high on fats and lower on carbs so I should probably just change my goals. I was thinking about cutting at 200 but seeing the amount of fat I'm putting on I'm thinking of just bulking through summer and cutting at 220 next spring. Haven't decided yet though. Need advice. I feel like cutting at 200 would leave me looking like skeletor/doievenlift mode

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tim3190 View Post
    Hello skinnies. I just joined this forum recently. It's great to see the support you guys give each other and I know I'm benefiting just from reading through! I'm 23 years old, about to graduate college, and head into the medical field as a registered nurse. I've always struggled with putting on weight, but recently got back into weightlifting consistently. I think I found one of my biggest problems recently. I never really ate much of a breakfast (just like a bannana and some milk). I've finally gained more motivation to actually do something about my diet and exercise. Recently, I've been more diligent in making a breakfast shake (since it's easier to drink the calories than eat them in the morning for me). Mix up some oats, peanut butter, and way and I'm set. I've been doing this for 2 months now along with eating more whole foods and lifting 4 days a week. I started out at 148 pounds and now I'm 164 pounds. I've been taking some creatine and just whey protein as supplements. I hope this routine will stick with me as I aim for my goal of bulking up and weight in the 170lb range. I am 6' tall, not sure what my bf% is but I'm sure it's not that much, being a skinny haha. Hope that I can become more a part of this discussion forum and receive support from you guys and reciprocate the that support. I guess being in the medical field I have some knowledge as to the anatomy and physiology of the body, hopefully I can put some of this to use. Looking forward to being a part of the skinnies
    Glad you decided to join in on the journey Actually having a shake right when you wake is a very good thing to do. When you sleep, if in fact you do get 7-8 hours of sleep its the longest period you will go without eating/ able to get some food in. So what I learned is drink 2 cups of water when you wake up, and down a shake. I noticed a big difference, and i make sure to include lots of carbs in my breakfast meal. More alert and able to train very hard when I hit the gym. Congrats on the weight gain! You will have no problem getting to 170+ Write down everything you eat currently and when you stall out on gaining weight simply add more calories. What program are you currently doing and hows your diet going?? Have everything in check ??
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

Originally Posted by sadeqshah View Post
    Thanks for stopping by! First thing I want to mention is, some people think bodybuilding and think HUGE, I would say I'm a bodybuilder, rather than a weightlifter pushing around heavy weight. I'm more focused on creating the best physique I can. I actually stoppped by your youtube channel, and watched 2 of your episodes.

My advice, is to show us rather than just talk. Examply your video about bicep, you were going over the bicep and the different parts and how to work each part, but you just told us....You should show diagram or actually show us by pointing. more of a visual learner.
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by matpat3000 View Post
    Hey guys!! I actually have gained a decent amount of weight in the past after being a skinny phuck. Problem is, I started a new job in which I wasn't used to the hours and lost all motivation/energy to go to the gym so I haven't been in way too long.

I've read about 30 pages on here but didn't get the answer I was looking for. I see that a full body workout would probably be best for me? Is there a specific one I should be looking into and following? I am ready to get back into this thing.
    Whats your goal ? Keep gaining weight I assume?

I don't really like full body workouts. I like splitting the groups of and hitting them directly and focusing on each muscle group. Find it works better for me, You could hit each body part once a week, but hard, or even hit each bodypart twice a week, not doing full body workouts. You can still do a split like this and not spend all day at the gym.
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by tunnel12 View Post
    Thanks bro

I usually go high on fats and lower on carbs so I should probably just change my goals. I was thinking about cutting at 200 but seeing the amount of fat I'm putting on I'm thinking of just bulking through summer and cutting at 220 next spring. Haven't decided yet though. Need advice. I feel like cutting at 200 would leave me looking like skeletor/doievenlift mode
    My adivice

Bulk up slow, cut when you get over 20% body fat
    We Win OR We Learn

tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tunnel12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My adivice

Bulk up slow, cut when you get over 20% body fat
    What bf% would you say I'm at now?

What bf% would you say I'm at now?
    I don't even know what you look like bro, We skinny people usually have little body fat

you are 6'5 at 189, I would say you don't have much body fat,

look at this link and estimate

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAA&dur=439
    We Win OR We Learn

I don't even know what you look like bro, We skinny people usually have little body fat

you are 6'5 at 189, I would say you don't have much body fat,

look at this link and estimate

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAA&dur=439
    Posted a pic on previous page. I'd say I'm probably close to 20% now

Posted a pic on previous page. I'd say I'm probably close to 20% now

hmm I would keep going, you don't have a gut and you don't look fat at all . Climb up slowly maybe try 4-5 lbs a month.

focus on bringing your chest out, I know its hard for us to develop a huge chest, but by doing this you will make your upper body really pop
    We Win OR We Learn

hmm I would keep going, you don't have a gut and you don't look fat at all . Climb up slowly maybe try 4-5 lbs a month.

focus on bringing your chest out, I know its hard for us to develop a huge chest, but by doing this you will make your upper body really pop
    ****ty chest genetics for me. I had only been doing flat bench up until last week and I started incline DB and dips. Felt some nasty DOMS after that workout so hopefully my chest will soon develop. Thanks for advice brah

****ty chest genetics for me. I had only been doing flat bench up until last week and I started incline DB and dips. Felt some nasty DOMS after that workout so hopefully my chest will soon develop. Thanks for advice brah
    lol I stopped using genetics as an excuse long ago, Make sure you have good form when doing your chest workouts, you will see much better results. Shoulder blades pinched and back arched some

add some flys and concentrate on the contraction, hold it for 2 seconds at the top, really squeeze

No problem bro, really good progress, you can hit chest hard one day, heavy, 8 reps then again later during the week with high reps. Really works
    We Win OR We Learn

Dysfunctional Veteran HoneyBadger300's Avatar
    HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyBadger300 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Body weight is finally holding pretty steady at 170. Only took me like 4 months of bouncing between 165 and 170, but it's staying pretty consistent now, even when I have under eat days. Heaviest so far is 172.2, and I've had 2 days at 171.8. Only going up from here! Drink your milk!
    My log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149523363

Best
    415/295/455x2 1165
    Goal
    448/339/515 1302

srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10) srsbrahlet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    have to sub on this thread...need to put some muscles on my skinny frame

Thanks for stopping by! First thing I want to mention is, some people think bodybuilding and think HUGE, I would say I'm a bodybuilder, rather than a weightlifter pushing around heavy weight. I'm more focused on creating the best physique I can. I actually stoppped by your youtube channel, and watched 2 of your episodes.

My advice, is to show us rather than just talk. Examply your video about bicep, you were going over the bicep and the different parts and how to work each part, but you just told us....You should show diagram or actually show us by pointing. more of a visual learner.
    Thanks! yeah I know, it's cause I just started and well, i didn't wanna show my arms just yet and for a diagram, I had uploaded the video without the pictures and my editor would've taken a while longer to add pics then re-upload lol sooooo I just decided to upload it without, it's a start aha i'll improve over time, but thanks for checking it out! subscribe aha stay tuned, but yeah, I'm planning on also making a video of all the workouts because I know i just quickly mentioned them and some beginners may not know the workouts specifically

SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000) SkinnyAlex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey guys I'm joining the party. Been stuck at 150 for like over half a year. My problem has been school and work. I get so busy and tired I have to choose between sleep or food hence why I haven't made progress anymore. The progress I made from 120 to now was when I took a year off school. I dedicated most of my free time to eating, training, and sleeping well. But now that I'm in school again its been so hard to stay consistent.
    Occasional troll.

Start 120 lbs - Goal 180 lbs. Bulking.
    Lifts in 3-5 range. Dont do 1 rep max. D-340/B-245/S-255/OHP-155

*Dallas Misc*
    *Lean Bulkers Crew*
    *Long Hair Crew*
    *Pale Bishes Crew*

Do you like pinup/rockabilly/psychobilly girls? Check this out then ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158406683

TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheVoid123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First off this thread is supposed to be journey of the skinnies so far i haven't seen a single skinny guy on here but anyway. I'm 5"6' and 114 pounds my main goal is obviously to gain mass. So far I've been working out for about 2 and a half months. I've only managed to gained about 5 pounds since i started which is a quite de-motivating. Currently i haven't been taking any supplements and my diet has consisted on what has been put in front of me by my parents. i always eat what is put in front of me though. I would like some advice on what supplements i should be buying bearing in mind my parents know nothing about supplements so they have the opinion that they are for professional bodybuilders which means they are bad. Advice would also be appreciated on any good workout routines for someone like me. please help will rep.
    I rep back!

[X] Bulking
    [ ] Bulking
    [ ]Bulking
    [ ]Bulking
    [ ]Cutting... lol nope go back to bulking skinny

2 more no matter what

Registered User thatswhatshesed's Avatar
    thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TheVoid123 View Post
    First off this thread is supposed to be journey of the skinnies so far i haven't seen a single skinny guy on here but anyway. I'm 5"6' and 114 pounds my main goal is obviously to gain mass. So far I've been working out for about 2 and a half months. I've only managed to gained about 5 pounds since i started which is a quite de-motivating. Currently i haven't been taking any supplements and my diet has consisted on what has been put in front of me by my parents. i always eat what is put in front of me though. I would like some advice on what supplements i should be buying bearing in mind my parents know nothing about supplements so they have the opinion that they are for professional bodybuilders which means they are bad. Advice would also be appreciated on any good workout routines for someone like me. please help will rep.
    1. eat more.
    2. 5 lbs over 2.5 months is a fine amount of gains
    3. what is your current workout like? just doing "whatever" isnt enough
    4. i recomend creatine monohydrate (5g a day) and maybe buy some whey protein. (you should hit a daily protein goal)
    5. welcome!
    Certified GIF reactionist

++Positive Crew++

Reps back

Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dermbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's loads of skinny guys. Most of the regulars already have gained 20 plus lb so they don't look so skinny now. You can add more than 5 pound in ten weeks by eating more.

No disrespect but there's no point listening to your parents for bodybuilding advice. They won't know what they are talking about. Never listen to anybody who isn't a bodybuilder, even if they are big and muscular. They don't know what they are talking about and will give you terrible advice.

You need to eat loads and add supplements. You need the supplements to ensure you're getting enough calories, so a protein or weight gainer to add to your 4 meals a day. Creatine is good, many people think it's the best supplement. Fish oils, vitamins etc are ok. But generally healthy whole foods is best.

"First off" I don't think you took even alittle bit of time to read the threads or check out anyones profile on this thread...if you did, you would see there are lots of skinny people here, and that most of us have put on size for the most part..

Don't mean to come off as an ******* but who are you to tell someone they aren't skinny? Let people be the judge of that themselves, if they feel that they are then thats what counts. Hell I'm still skinny, in my eyes. but onces i HIT 200 I won't think that.

I wouldn't get just straight whey protein, I would get a weight gainer, If you are busy and hard to down calorie dense foods, get a weight gainer, and take that along with eating whole foods

weight gainer ---> Pro complex gainer by On, and Serious mass by ON are great good value also.

also pick up a multi vitamin, orange triad or ON Opti men,

routine.... you could start with Starting strength program, there are lots listed in here.
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by SkinnyAlex View Post
    Hey guys I'm joining the party. Been stuck at 150 for like over half a year. My problem has been school and work. I get so busy and tired I have to choose between sleep or food hence why I haven't made progress anymore. The progress I made from 120 to now was when I took a year off school. I dedicated most of my free time to eating, training, and sleeping well. But now that I'm in school again its been so hard to stay consistent.
    Great to have you apart of the team bro. You don't have to hit the gym everyday to see results, You could hit it 3 days a week, and if eating is an issue, as I have the same problem could you invest in a weight gainer shake?
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by srsbrahlet View Post
    have to sub on this thread...need to put some muscles on my skinny frame
    Get to work gym routine and diet prepped???
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger300 View Post
    Body weight is finally holding pretty steady at 170. Only took me like 4 months of bouncing between 165 and 170, but it's staying pretty consistent now, even when I have under eat days. Heaviest so far is 172.2, and I've had 2 days at 171.8. Only going up from here! Drink your milk!
    How much milk are you drinking a day?? Currently at 5 cups a day
    We Win OR We Learn

Page 125 of 171 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast