Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kleraudio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1800-1900 cals a day not losing fat, please help!

Hey guys,

So here's the stats as of 3/18

189.3 pounds 15.3% bf.

Since 3/18 i've been on an 1800-1900 calorie a day cut. Macros in check. Eating 180-190 carbs, 190 protein, 35g fat.

Yes I eat the same chit every day to make sure macro's are hit and on point.

4 days of HIIT and 5 days of HEAVY lifting. 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps. 75% of those exercises are compound moves.

I look slightly better in the mirror but not much. I'm just trying to lose this stubborn ass fat around my gut and back / love handles.

Get on the scale today 189.0 and 15.1% BF. So 2 weeks of STRICT diet and serious gym work and these results shouldn't be this bad should they?

Any suggestions? I'm not miscalculating my macros/calories. I work a desk job so on my ass most of the day. But before work i hit the weights. after work I hit the cardio M-TH.

Jufc85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today is the 29th so 11 days in? You really have to give yourself more time. Keep it solid and update us in a month from now, you should be singing a different tune. Good luck!

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post
    Hey guys,

189.3 pounds 15.3% bf.

Since 3/18 i've been on an 1800-1900 calorie a day cut. Macros in check. Eating 180-190 carbs, 190 protein, 35g fat.

4 days of HIIT and 5 days of HEAVY lifting. 3-4 sets of 4-6 reps. 75% of those exercises are compound moves.

I look slightly better in the mirror but not much. I'm just trying to lose this stubborn ass fat around my gut and back / love handles.

Get on the scale today 189.0 and 15.1% BF. So 2 weeks of STRICT diet and serious gym work and these results shouldn't be this bad should they?

Any suggestions? I'm not miscalculating my macros/calories. I work a desk job so on my ass most of the day. But before work i hit the weights. after work I hit the cardio M-TH.
    Agree with above, give it some time. Also you fat is too low. 0.4-0.5 grams per lb
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yup too early...people are too impatient these days. IF you are counting calories immaculately then you will lose fat. Also up your fats....way too low.
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

Right on thanks for the replies guys. I just figured 1-2 pounds per week is solid. I've lost .3 in almost 2 weeks.

I'll be patient and up the fats a bit.

Thanks for the input!

eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How are you measuring the BF %? Also weight fluctuates a lot, water weight, creatine, salt..... If you are looking better in the mirror thats all that matters.

Eriquee,

I'm using this scale I bought that measures BF. I know it may be off and such, but I used to be foooking obese like 7 years ago and have what seems to be loose skin in the gut/lovehandle/back area. A regular caliper throws off readings because of this.

Maybe one day I'll get that **** zapped off, I dunno.

The scale has been pretty damn accurate though regarding bf %. tested it on a few friends who do use calipers and the reading was the same as they got on their plastic calipers.

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys,

189.3 pounds 15.3% bf.

OP it took me 6 week to see the scale move when i started my cut in almost the same stat are you....
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What you do today will affect what happens with the scale in 2 weeks down the line. It takes your body awhile to process everything. People say "oh I ate a 3,000 cal meal and the next day had lost weight. Wait awhile, it WILL have an effect down the line. Same with dieting down, the effects aren't immidiate.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheMac11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dunno your a tall brah. Maybe you should up your cals a couple hundred.
    *IF Crew*

Cutting Mode

baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) baldbeefcake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reverse dieting may suit you well.

BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigManMula will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys,

189.3 pounds 15.3% bf.

u lose 10lb in 2 weeks? given that u where 193lb? if so that is good, most doctors would not recommended losing more then a few pounds per week, btw when u first start off u will lose more weight in the first weeks.

you did not say how old you are? need to know to see ur needed caloric in take

if u are 25years of age and have the same stats u can lose weight by eating 2798 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week, keep in mind that 3500 calories equals one pound.
    another thing is if u break down ur meals in to smaller meals through the day it will help in speeding u ur metabolism.

i had the same problem with the love handles, what i did is started taking yohimbine HCl every day

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BigManMula View Post
    u lose 10lb in 2 weeks? given that u where 193lb? if so that is good, most doctors would not recommended losing more then a few pounds per week, btw when u first start off u will lose more weight in the first weeks.

you did not say how old you are? need to know to see ur needed caloric in take

if u are 25years of age and have the same stats u can lose weight by eating 2798 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week, keep in mind that 3500 calories equals one pound.
    another thing is if u break down ur meals in to smaller meals through the day it will help in speeding u ur metabolism.

i had the same problem with the love handles, what i did is started taking yohimbine HCl every day
    You will not lose fat at 2,800 cals and many small meals will not do anything that fewer larger meals will do at the same cals

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Good stuff guys, that 193 must be from a while ago.

I'm 30 years old. My current stats are what I listed up in the original post

Elgatito, thanks for replying man. Yea, it looks like this just might take some time. It's all good. I'll keep going at it

nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nomachineshere has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all, your fat intake is too low. Switch some of your carbs for fat.

Second, you're only 2 WEEKS IN. Slow down. I cut from 18% BF to 10% in 14 WEEKS. You won't see any good results until at least 6 weeks into your cut.

Third, if you're not losing any weight either increase your cardio or cut your calories by another 100-200; though I find it strange that you're not losing weight at 1,800-1,900 kCal.

moubeid92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What worked for me is dropping my carbs to 100g then down to around 60g.

ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghepardo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you drinking 1 gallon of water a day?
    BULKING - Aug 20-2016 (74kg)-Jan 1, 2017 (85kg)
    (Aug 30, 2016-Jan 1, 2017:)Deadlift: 231-303 Squat: 214-263 Bench: 174-198 lbs OHP: 104.5-134 Pendlay Row: 115-154
    ---------------------------------------
    ☆★ Victory loves Preparation ★☆
    ---------------------------------------

Originally Posted by ghepardo View Post
    Are you drinking 1 gallon of water a day?
    And that will do, what?

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Location: london, surrey quays, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10) mchughesy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    up fat intake a little, but give it another week, calorie defecite is what matters, if your sure your eating the right amount of cals then you will loose fat, body fat is hard to calculate, scales are ok but cant be accurate, i use mine, i have mibody360 and it fluctuates 7% every week!

CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50) CayJutler will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    raise fats, lower carbs, and stick to it
    Bulking brah checking in ✔
    210 fatboy < 150 holocaust survivor < 192 beast in the making
    "If you want to succeed, you have to be your own hero my friend. Be a wolf, not a sheep."

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    Read this:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes I'm drinking a gallon and a half of water per day. I'm gonna get the thyroid tested as I gotta go in for a cholesterol test pretty soon anyways. That thyroid chit runs in the family. I'm not gaining weight and don't feel lethargic so it's probably just paranoia, I've just never had this tough a time losing weight. Though I used to be on my feet all day. Now im on my ass all day in an office which can't help Hopefully rule out the thyroid and figure this out!

Vaylor, gonna read that article now, thanks for the link!

vaylor good stuff man. So you think I may be just holding on to water temporarily?

That would be good news I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks! Sticking to the cut pretty well.

I guess I'll drop some carbs and add some fat. I'm making some big weight gains in the gym though and would hate to lose that. Been a long time since my reps/weight have gone up while cutting!

And yea I'm absolutely sure im between 1800-2000 cals per day. Definitely never more than 2000 and never any less than 1800...

20 minutes of HIIT 4 times a week. i might make that 5x/week and I switched to doing cardio in the mornings in a fasted state as of today. Before I was lifting in the morning and cardio in the evening.

I'll get to the bottom of this, summer is right around the corner, these love handles gotta go!

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes I'm drinking a gallon and a half of water per day. I'm gonna get the thyroid tested as I gotta go in for a cholesterol test pretty soon anyways. That thyroid chit runs in the family. I'm not gaining weight and don't feel lethargic so it's probably just paranoia, I've just never had this tough a time losing weight. Though I used to be on my feet all day. Now im on my ass all day in an office which can't help Hopefully rule out the thyroid and figure this out!

Vaylor, gonna read that article now, thanks for the link!
    3-18 is only a week and a half back so give it time. People don't lose weight instantly and ohhh my God there's some underlying medical condition that needs to get checked. Give it 3 weeks minimum and you may need to go a bit lower on cals since you sit at a desk. You just need patience and not a blood test.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

LOL I feel ya Tommy but that chit runs in the family. Everyone's got it! I used to cut for 4 weeks, lose 12-15 pounds and be done with it.

Hopped on the scale today and in 3 weeks ive lost .5 pounds. That ain't right!!!!

Who knows my scale may be shot too, I dunno. Pants don't fit any better, and that's usually my gauge. I really really really don't wanna go down lower than 1900 cals, thats already eating like a friggin female....

AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlbertRossy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like a few others have said, it took me about 6 weeks before the scale started moving. Now it's nice and steady. Stick with what you're doing. Can't hurt to get a tape and take measurements along the way too.

LOL I feel ya Tommy but that chit runs in the family. Everyone's got it! I used to cut for 4 weeks, lose 12-15 pounds and be done with it.

Hopped on the scale today and in 3 weeks ive lost .5 pounds. That ain't right!!!!

Who knows my scale may be shot too, I dunno. Pants don't fit any better, and that's usually my gauge. I really really really don't wanna go down lower than 1900 cals, thats already eating like a friggin female....
    You may need to, I know I do when leaning out. But you need to realize that this is a temporary situation. My method is to go very low in cals and just "Git 'er done" so I can get back to eating and adding lean mass. The longer you diet the harder it becomes. Going very low cal for a short time will have no adverse effects as some will lead you to believe. I've found its more harmful to draw out the time in a defecit rather than just go a big defecit for a shorter timeframe.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    You may need to, I know I do when leaning out. But you need to realize that this is a temporary situation. My method is to go very low in cals and just "Git 'er done" so I can get back to eating and adding lean mass. The longer you diet the harder it becomes. Going very low cal for a short time will have no adverse effects as some will lead you to believe. I've found its more harmful to draw out the time in a defecit rather than just go a big defecit for a shorter timeframe.
    Hmmm, good point Tommy. I like that idea of just get 'er done and get back on the mass train....

Maybe i'll cut down to 1700 and see where that takes me. You are where I need to be (180lbs) what's your cal intake like when you're leaning out?

DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50) DeutschAmerika will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Raise fats man, im getting 75-80 gr. a day with 1850-1900 calories! Figure 0.4 gr. of fat per lb of Lean Body Mass

Half avacado has somewhere around 12-14gr. of fat-140 calories or so
    1 tbsp olive oil 14gr. of fat-120 calories
    1 whole egg 4gr. of fat-70 calories
    snickers bar 12gr. of fat-250 calories, lol just had too i love snickers

1gr. of fat=9 calories

Whatever you want just raise the fats, your body will thank you during this cut.

Also WEIGH every piece of food going into your mouth

I suggest this scale if you do not have one. Very accurate and cheap, looks nice in the kitchen also
    http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-...rds=food+scale

Good luck!
    Last edited by DeutschAmerika; 04-04-2013 at 01:02 PM.

eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50) eriquee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dont trust scales and calipers, go by the mirror, or go get your BF% measured by some fancy place that have the proper equipment, the water immersion stuff.

Do you actually weigh your food? you didnt mention. You said you eat the same stuff everyday, but do you actually weigh it?