Always and Forever Cuttin beastmode47's Avatar
    beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cellucor PB Marshmallow vs Trutein Peanut Butter Cup

Which tastes better?

I've only tried Cellucor's so I'm curious. I feel that it's about time for a new secondary protein. I was quite disappointed with Cellucor PB Marshmallow (Hydrowhey's choco peanut butter tasted better than Cellucor pb marshmallow) and Cinnamon Swirl. They're pretty good, but not what everyone hyped it up to be. So far, Syntha 6 still takes the trophy for best tasting protein but I'm really not digging its profile.

Looking for another protein to give a shot at, that is low in Calories and at least 24g of protein per scoop. I also don't want something that's full-on casein and I don't care too much for whey isolate since Hydrowhey won't be going away from my toolbag.
    LOL at these ****gs with no forearms, calves, and neck (not traps, but neck, two distinct muscles).

Team Forever-Cutting.

Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Deadliftin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by beastmode47 View Post
    Which tastes better?

I've only tried Cellucor's so I'm curious. I feel that it's about time for a new secondary protein. I was quite disappointed with Cellucor PB Marshmallow (Hydrowhey's choco peanut butter tasted better than Cellucor pb marshmallow) and Cinnamon Swirl. They're pretty good, but not what everyone hyped it up to be. So far, Syntha 6 still takes the trophy for best tasting protein but I'm really not digging its profile.

Looking for another protein to give a shot at, that is low in Calories and at least 24g of protein per scoop. I also don't want something that's full-on casein and I don't care too much for whey isolate since Hydrowhey won't be going away from my toolbag.
    Never had Truetein but VERY surprised that you were underwhelmed by PB MarshMallow and/or Cinnamon Swirl. I have been using PB Marshmallow for a month or so, and just got in the Cinn Swirl and I really can't get enough of EITHER of them! Bob (The Solution) is right, the Cinn Swirl tastes exactly like liquid Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They are two of my favorite protein's now, so sorry to hear you don't enjoy... Some of the others that people I know personally rave about:

MP Combat Powder (buddy loves Bannana Cream)
    Dymatize (both Elite Gourmet and Elite XT have some great flavors for the price point)
    iForce Protean (know folks that love ALL flavors)
    CL Pronom (really enjoyed the few sample packs I got)

So lots of choices for you, good luck!
    In Search of Cheap Agmatine Caps

beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beastmode47 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deadliftin View Post
    Never had Truetein but VERY surprised that you were underwhelmed by PB MarshMallow and/or Cinnamon Swirl. I have been using PB Marshmallow for a month or so, and just got in the Cinn Swirl and I really can't get enough of EITHER of them! Bob (The Solution) is right, the Cinn Swirl tastes exactly like liquid Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They are two of my favorite protein's now, so sorry to hear you don't enjoy... Some of the others that people I know personally rave about:

Dymatize (both Elite Gourmet and Elite XT have some great flavors for the price point)

Didn't live up to the hype, both flavors. The after-taste of the artificial sweetener was too damn strong too. Perhaps that ruined the taste for me.

One day, I might try molten chocolate and cookies and cream, but not in the near future.
    LOL at these ****gs with no forearms, calves, and neck (not traps, but neck, two distinct muscles).

Team Forever-Cutting.

BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The PB Marshmallow is one of the flavors I haven't tried yet from Cellucor, but the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trutein is one of the highest rated flavors, and one of my personal favorites as well. Never gets old, IMO. I find it has the perfect Chocolate-to-Peanut Butter ratio, and it closely reminds me of a Reese's PB Cup. It would be tough to compare those 2 flavors though -- although they both have the Peanut Butter, one is paired with Chocolate, and the other Marshmallow. I would imagine 2 completely different flavors.

Samples should be available again very soon on the TruNutrition Sciences web page, so if you'd like to, you can try it out before jumping on a full tub (along with any other flavor of Trutein you may be interested in)
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
    Online Trainer/Coach - PM for Details/Inquiries

I'll go with a full tub. Samples are a waste, IMO. It can't get any worse than Hydrobuilder chocolate (worst tasting protein ever). If anything, I doubt Trutein Peanut Butter Cup will be at least mediocre.

My trust for user reviews on BB.com is starting to wane, after buying both Cor Performance's cinnamons swirl and PB marshmallow. Reviews seem planned out, scripted, and influenced by reviewers who are offered free 2lb jugs.

Team Forever-Cutting.

RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RoidRage4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So far trutein has been the best protein I have tried. The cinnabun is very good. It also is the best for other uses besides shakes. I have become a huge fan of peanut butter sludge sandwiches and so far I have tried it with 2 other brands besides trutein and have been disappointed. Trutein mixes well so that it doesnt turn to water after the slightest addition of water.

As for trutein cinnabun you really get the actual cinnamon roll taste. dough, cinnamon, frosting. Not sure if you wanted a pb flavor more I just saw that you tried cinnamon swirl so figured I would give my honest opinion on the cinnabun flavor of trutein.

All of it is just my opinion tho. Could be different for others. Hope this helped.

melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melaneybh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Trutein is definitely solid. I have a tub of it on the go now, it has a great pb to chocolate ratio.

cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Trutein CPB was very bland, not very good IMO. I havn't really found a CPB that tastes very good. (havn't tried GS)

Cellucor PB was pretty good IMO, a slightly sweet PB flavor.

SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000) SJB23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I currently have both.

Cellucor PB Marshmallow is better if you are entirely keen on a peanut butter flavor, which admittedly sometimes I am (when sick of chocolate etc.)

Yet Truetein PB cup is probably the 'better' overall flavor, good balance of peanut butter and rich chocolate, like a reeces.

Still I would not say one is better than the other, yet I am very much a strong peanut butter man so have a tendency to scoop the Cellucor more often!
    If you body-build to enjoy life, yet sacrifice enjoying life to body-build, you're doing it wrong; drink that whisky kent.

Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Billybusa has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by beastmode47 View Post
    Which tastes better?

Why is taste such a big thing? It seems like a lot of people are more into taste than anything else. I don't get it.
    My phychiatrist once said, "Billy, would you rather be fat and happy or fit and depressed"?
    I said I would rather be fit and happy.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cjwav34 View Post
    Trutein CPB was very bland, not very good IMO. I havn't really found a CPB that tastes very good. (havn't tried GS)

Cellucor PB was pretty good IMO, a slightly sweet PB flavor.
    Appreciate the support man, but in the end both are quality companies with a solid product, it comes down to the user and personal preference.

Originally Posted by SJB23 View Post
    I currently have both.

Cellucor PB Marshmallow is better if you are entirely keen on a peanut butter flavor, which admittedly sometimes I am (when sick of chocolate etc.)

Yet Truetein PB cup is probably the 'better' overall flavor, good balance of peanut butter and rich chocolate, like a reeces.

Still I would not say one is better than the other, yet I am very much a strong peanut butter man so have a tendency to scoop the Cellucor more often!
    Both have their benefits, you have to realize that Cellucors includes a Marshmallow into the mix while Trutein does not, so that is going to be a major factor..

Originally Posted by Deadliftin View Post

All great choices and i appreciate your support and honesty, but like i have stated. Both are fantastic products that get a ton of hype and a lot of consumers. Cellucors sales do reflect it as its a top 15 product in the bb.com store. In the end selecting either is a great choice because they are 2 of the most popular choices for protein powder on the site.

I would highly suggest metabolic nutrition PB Cookie, its on the expensive side but the flavoring is insane..
    XF 2.0 is also good, but not up to your standards as far as macros go, which you could do a half scoop and then use a scoop of vanilla whey to help with your calories.

Originally Posted by Billybusa View Post
    Why is taste such a big thing? It seems like a lot of people are more into taste than anything else. I don't get it.
    Out of anyone here, I could safely say that taste isn't my number one priority. I'm notorious for that.

Team Forever-Cutting.

ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ap28allday has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pronom is excellent- particularly in vanilla.

Giant sports has a new choco pb delicious protein coming in April and there's a nice review thread on it somewhere in the review section. ( on phone, too lazy to navigate-copy-paste)

Originally Posted by ap28allday View Post
    Pronom is excellent- particularly in vanilla.

Giant sports has a new choco pb delicious protein coming in April and there's a nice review thread on it somewhere in the review section. ( on phone, too lazy to navigate-copy-paste)
    No thanks. Tried Pronom samples and I didn't like it. No to Giant Sports too for having free form glycine and taurine, which could possibly be incorporated into the protein count.

Team Forever-Cutting.