Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1188
    iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    got my orders.

Looks like there will be some sea time in my future.

JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JiuJitsuFighter View Post
    If I remember correctly, you're an MK right?
    I was an MK1. O1-E now....

JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000) JBjunior is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iamtheawesome View Post
    got my orders.

Where are you headed? Send me a PM if you like.

Registered User JiuJitsuFighter's Avatar
    JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JBjunior View Post
    I was an MK1. O1-E now....
    Congrats, ACEP? OCS?
    USCG Crew
    Chew Crew

Congrats, ACEP? OCS?
    OCS. ACET doesn't get you a commission, all it does it get you a degree and you stay enlisted. PPEP is a degree with a commission upon completing OCS but it is gone for now. Thank you for the congrats, long journey.

friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10) friescali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    MK3 in socal checking in..

JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JiuJitsuFighter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OCS. ACET doesn't get you a commission, all it does it get you a degree and you stay enlisted. PPEP is a degree with a commission upon completing OCS but it is gone for now. Thank you for the congrats, long journey.
    ACET* haha, my bad. Are you a student engineer now? Still not sure how the transition goes from enlisted to O.
    USCG Crew
    Chew Crew

ACET* haha, my bad. Are you a student engineer now? Still not sure how the transition goes from enlisted to O.
    I am, by choice. Basically when you make the transition through OCS you are an officer out to find a speciality, just like graduating the Academy. The world is open to you and you have your choice of any career path, regardless of prior experience. Unlike the Academy, where 80%+ of them go afloat because they have to, OCS has more people that go to sectors or MSST type jobs. I could have went DWO on a cutter, prevention, response (either sector or MSST), or student engineer.

For Direct Commission, you are locking in to a career path based on what the CG picks you up for. The difference is you aren't going afloat (except in very unlikely cases not even worth mentioning) and are being hired to be an engineer, lawyer, intel, aviator, or some other speciality at the O1, O2, or O3 level.

Originally Posted by friescali View Post
    MK3 in socal checking in..
    Welcome

I am, by choice. Basically when you make the transition through OCS you are an officer out to find a speciality, just like graduating the Academy. The world is open to you and you have your choice of any career path, regardless of prior experience. Unlike the Academy, where 80%+ of them go afloat because they have to, OCS has more people that go to sectors or MSST type jobs. I could have went DWO on a cutter, prevention, response (either sector or MSST), or student engineer.

For Direct Commission, you are locking in to a career path based on what the CG picks you up for. The difference is you aren't going afloat (except in very unlikely cases not even worth mentioning) and are being hired to be an engineer, lawyer, intel, aviator, or some other speciality at the O1, O2, or O3 level.
    That's pretty cool. So I'm guessing you're planning on becoming an EO in the future?
    USCG Crew
    Chew Crew

Welcome

That's pretty cool. So I'm guessing you're planning on becoming an EO in the future?
    That is my current career path. Going afloat leaves every other career path open. If I play my cards right I can come back afloat in any position, go to do (learn) any sector job, or any other career. Long term, 3-5 years, if all goes as planned I will be in law school. Full salary for 3 years, full ride to law school for 3 years, and then be in one of the most promotable combos to make O6 and beyond, Cutterman Lawyer.

That is my current career path. Going afloat leaves every other career path open. If I play my cards right I can come back afloat in any position, go to do (learn) any sector job, or any other career. Long term, 3-5 years, if all goes as planned I will be in law school. Full salary for 3 years, full ride to law school for 3 years, and then be in one of the most promotable combos to make O6 and beyond, Cutterman Lawyer.
    Strong plan. srs. where have you been stationed if you don't mind me asking. PM if you don't feel like posting on here.
    USCG Crew
    Chew Crew

empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I've been in for almost 4 years 3 of that as an ET and here I am with my name on the AST A school list waiting to go to the airman program
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Originally Posted by empantleo View Post
    Well I've been in for almost 4 years 3 of that as an ET and here I am with my name on the AST A school list waiting to go to the airman program
    Sounds like a plan. Best of luck.

got my orders.

Just saw in your sig about your 1st 1/2 marathon. I ran one back in November, great time....

Bellybrah.. cot u merin. GetFit4Basic's Avatar
    GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000) GetFit4Basic is just really nice. (+1000)
    USCG is my first choice.. but they don't want me.

All because I have a very minor juvenile record which they wouldn't even know about if I hadn't disclosed it.
    <--- Screams various Ronnie Coleman quotes while curling 15 pound DBs

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”

-How to rustle jimmies with facts: Tell "progressives" that the KKK was founded by southern democrats and the founder of planned parenthood is a racist eugenicist. Tell neocons that the founding fathers were liberals. (Albeit "classical liberals" but this dampers the rustling)

END THE FED END THE FED END THE FED END THE FED END THE FED END THE FED

iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamtheawesome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just saw in your sig about your 1st 1/2 marathon. I ran one back in November, great time....
    I ran it in 2:13:10. I hadn't run in a month, was dealing with my father's illness, and eventual passing on the 20th of Jan.

I also hadn't run any 10+ mile runs while training.

I'm happy with my time though.

shooting to break 2:10 on my next one.

j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j. ViLLA is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by empantleo View Post
    It was fun training ya at ET A school. Good luck with AST brah.
    ****Official COAST GUARD Thread****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113176791

empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10) empantleo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by j. ViLLA View Post
    It was fun training ya at ET A school. Good luck with AST brah.
    Thanks I should be getting orders in about 3 months or so
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

I ran it in 2:13:10. I hadn't run in a month, was dealing with my father's illness, and eventual passing on the 20th of Jan.

I also hadn't run any 10+ mile runs while training.

I'm happy with my time though.

shooting to break 2:10 on my next one.
    I was right around that time. I got 2:08:38. My longest running before that was a few miles and OCS was my only training for it. Says something for the training they make us do. I also got my 1.5 mile down to around 9:43 (corrected to about 9:25-9:30 for a real track).

I was right around that time. I got 2:08:38. My longest running before that was a few miles and OCS was my only training for it. Says something for the training they make us do. I also got my 1.5 mile down to around 9:43 (corrected to about 9:25-9:30 for a real track).
    nice

I'm comfortable running 4-6 mi runs in the mid to high 8s, so I hope that with some more consistent traing I should be able to bring down my half time considerably.

nice

I'm comfortable running 4-6 mi runs in the mid to high 8s, so I hope that with some more consistent traing I should be able to bring down my half time considerably.
    I am sure you will.

We finally got off of that single page that we have been on for 06 months, this thread is slow.

jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000)
    dang seems like we picked up speed for while.

got orders to New Hampshire
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

Originally Posted by jackx View Post
    dang seems like we picked up speed for while.

got orders to New Hampshire
    congrats. cutter? ashore?
    USCG Crew
    Chew Crew

jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000) jackx is just really nice. (+1000)
    congrats. cutter? ashore?
    ashore.

just did 2 cutters back to back
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

cutter brahs

how do you work out when on patrol?

I'm a complete newb to cutter life.

cutter brahs

how do you work out when on patrol?

I'm a complete newb to cutter life.
    haven't been underway on my current cutter for a while yet, but on the 87 I was on, we'd workout on the fantail when we tied up to a mooring buoy or anchored for the night. we had a cooler we used for fishing that we used as our makeshift bench. We had the adjustable bowflex dumbells and used those. We'd use random bitts for doin pushups. Lifelines for situps, random pipes for pull ups.

Current cutter has a full on gym on it haha
    USCG Crew
    Chew Crew

haven't been underway on my current cutter for a while yet, but on the 87 I was on, we'd workout on the fantail when we tied up to a mooring buoy or anchored for the night. we had a cooler we used for fishing that we used as our makeshift bench. We had the adjustable bowflex dumbells and used those. We'd use random bitts for doin pushups. Lifelines for situps, random pipes for pull ups.

Current cutter has a full on gym on it haha
    Yep, totally depends on the cutter. I have been on cutters that had dedicated gyms. Smith machine, free weights, bikes, treadmills, ellipticals. Not every cutter has that space so I would be checking in to bodyweight exercises....

hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50) hawksicken will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey guys, how does enlisting in the coast guard work if you live in the midwest? Are you stationed in barracks at a town by the sea?

Originally Posted by hawksicken View Post
    Hey guys, how does enlisting in the coast guard work if you live in the midwest? Are you stationed in barracks at a town by the sea?
    Search on the gocoastguard.com website to find the nearest recruiter. You will be stationed near a body of water that has a CG unit (facility, cutter, small boat station).

Search on the gocoastguard.com website to find the nearest recruiter. You will be stationed near a body of water that has a CG unit (facility, cutter, small boat station).
    This^

I have friends stationed on rivers in Ohio, and on Lake Tahoe.

Finally got my report date for my next unit. Pretty stoked.

First time on a cutter.

Cutter brahs, what types of things do you suggest I take on patrols? I'm looking at 45-60 day patrols on my boat.