Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Idea: Show mod name, reason and real contact email after bans

Recently got a 1 month ban on December 9th, which i served, but I didnt deserve, I couldnt contact forum mods or admins either. There were alot of things that were not cool.

My idea and analysis is the following:
    - Since there is an established set of rules, I suggest that the mod is forced to actually provide the banned user with the rule he infriged, a simple link would work. This is easy if a new html page is set up to contain the set of rules, and the mod from his console is able to simply imput the rule number and provide the user with a direct link to the specific line in the html file containing it
    *** This will virtually end with arbitrary bans and rule inventing. //// Im going to give you a personal example here, copy pasting from my Dec 9th ban: "Reason for ban: Spamming sh*tty threads, and being a terrible poster/unfunny troll".

- I suggest to edit the forum code in order to show in the banned screen the mod's name in every ban they perform, as well as their email address. //// In my particular case, there was no mod name in the ban screen, so i was essentially banned by a ghost, and I couldnt contact anyone because no email was displayed. This may as well be a glitch but i think we users deserve a fair treatment.

- There is a line in banned screens that gives you an email address in order to contact the mod if u have any questions etc... It would be amazing if every mod actually checked the inbox of said email address or provided you with a real email adress they check. Also, I may be wrong but the forum adress: "forum_admin@bodybuilding.com" shown in the same screen appears to be permanently idle.
    ** This is all based on recent experiences. I have been unfairly unbanned a couple of times and I simply got ignored by the mods or got a rude response even after providing proof of mistaken bans (got the email logs, etc).

I think setting up simple things like this can end in a much better user experience.

- Beast92, I have more ideas on how to provide a better service in the forums and customer service. You can PM me if u wish to hear more.
    Last edited by Beast92; 01-10-2013 at 06:42 PM.

RoxasViper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Beast92, I'm new here on the forums so I'm not exactly sure how forum moderators handle bans/mutes/etc....but I do agree that they should provide reasoning to all bans that they issue out. I've moderated a forum before and we had to provide reasoning behind why we took action on a particular user and it should be the same here.

You got my support.
    With God, anything is possible.

Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Beast92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RoxasViper View Post
    Hey Beast92, I'm new here on the forums so I'm not exactly sure how forum moderators handle bans/mutes/etc....but I do agree that they should provide reasoning to all bans that they issue out. I've moderated a forum before and we had to provide reasoning behind why we took action on a particular user and it should be the same here.

You got my support.
    Hey RoxasViper, theres a "reason field" they usually fill up. However sometimes its filled up with vague reasons or personal toughts without much sustainability.

The idea here is to make it completely unbiased system by linking the exact offense to the exact rule that was broken, so no loophole is left on the reasoning behind the ban, and this will also terminate with unfair bans. It is fairly easy to do. Show the users the link of the post that got them banned, also show them the rule that the mod selected from a drop down menu.