Thread: Tanita Scales

OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000)

Tanita Scales

A friend of mine had a set of tanita scales, the ones that measure body fat and you set for up to 4 individuals.....Anyway he quit the company I work for and left them at the office. I called him today and got em from him...anyway I got em set and was curious as to how consistent the BF% reading is on them? I know that they are not dead on accurate but are they consistent enough to track if I am going up or down or staying steady? The weight is WAY WAY more consistent then the old ones I had and thats why I got em. The ones I had would give you 5 different weights in 5 different trys.

From Fat As* To Bad As* magnumfreak's Avatar
    magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) magnumfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    they measure by resistivity which can be effected by a number of things. Hydration, minerals and even how thick the callouses on your feet are. To me anyway there are just too many variables to make them worthwhile.

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They work really well...... as a scale. For BF get calipers because the repeatability is very suspect and varies a phenomenal amount, as stated.

GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had one for years. Weight is very accurate, bodyfat is completely off. It said I had 20% bodyfat in my profile pic.
    I gotta be natural

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    It said I had 20% bodyfat in my profile pic.
    You could try mine, maybe you would get 10%, or maybe it would go up to 30....LOL

OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000) OHIOSTEVE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like I said, I bought em because the weight was so accurate...the bf% was a side note. I was just wondering if even though they were OFF they were CONSISTENT so you could track..I guess not. OH WELL>

chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50) chemystery will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i noticed with mine if i do it at the same time everyday (usually in the morning right after i take a piss) it would give a relevant total, like you said not accurate but consistant. this is due to what magnum said with all the variables, usually after a good nights sleep your body is in the same state esp since my diet is pretty regular and even if i have something different for dinner every night its nutrition content is always the same, hope that helps
    Figure It Out