goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

One Exercise Approach

What’s up everyone? I have fell off the wagon for a while now and I am trying to get back on my horse so to speak. Today I trained using one exercise just smoking my upper body. Has this approach with enough effort, volume etc.. been more successful than the use of multiple exercises for some? Don’t get me wrong I plan on implementing more exercises to hit more muscle groups but using one lift preferably a compound lift and doing 10-30 sets instead of with 4 or so exercises. What do you guys think?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was this one exercise bench press?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) goldenerafan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Was this one exercise bench press?
    Arnold Press with Dumbells for today.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by goldenerafan View Post
    Arnold Press with Dumbells for today.
    Shows what I know.

No, I wouldn't go with one movement per workout unless you mean one movement per movement pattern.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you want to play around with some sort of hybrid workout, make it sensible. Do your compound push, do a compound pull, do something for your legs. On your next workout, do your compound push, pull and leg on the opposite plane (horizontal vs vertical). Or just follow one of the programs in the stickies like Fierce 5 or All Pro.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OLAD can work. (one lift a day) but it gets VERY boring very fast and you will Pick up over use injuries

But ideally it's BIG compounds, and it's programmed with at least one small lift in for balance. Id not just use a small lift like Arnold press.

Ive done:
    bench & ghr/leg curl.
    Squat & pullups
    Press & inverted row
    Dead & pushup

Have to get a lot of work in with it and rotate the variations quite often. I did pyramids for the barbell lift and just volume for the bw second lifts

Imo.. Its not optimal to do.
    But it will work until it doesn't
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.