Thread: Strength & Size

Willow07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Strength & Size

I'm hoping you could help me here because I can't seem to find the information elsewhere.

So I've now got to a stage where I’m happy with the size of my thighs & calves and just want to maintain the size now rather than continue making them bigger. I’m switching to strength training in January to maintain my mass but what makes it a bit complicated is that I want to continue adding size to my abductor muscles only now rather my entire lower body.

Can I effectively do two different rep schemes i.e. size & strength training at the same time or would it not work?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    abduction is a joint movement not a muscle - which muscle do you actually mean?

There is not the difference between strength and size rep ranges that you might think. Seems like I have to address this several times a day. Just read this:
    http://strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

Willow07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I said abductors not abduction. The abductor muscles are a group of four muscles located in the buttocks and lateral hip region on both sides of the body. Their names are: 1) Gluteus Maximus, 2) Gluteus Medius, 3) Gluteus Minimus, and 4) Tensor Fascia Lata.

Sweatin' to the Oldies Austin109's Avatar
    Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Willow07 View Post
    I said abductors not abduction. The abductor muscles are a group of four muscles located in the buttocks and lateral hip region on both sides of the body. Their names are: 1) Gluteus Maximus, 2) Gluteus Medius, 3) Gluteus Minimus, and 4) Tensor Fascia Lata.
    You pretty much answered your own question. You're looking for glute specific exercises. I do like using weighted hip bridges in glute specific work. It does tend to integrate the hamstrings more than you expect though. The further out your feet go the more your hams come in to play. The closer you walk them in the more its on your glutes and also your lower back. Pick what works best for you.